buy or not buy Airbus Pro . Need your help?

fico

Dear all, 

I seeking your recommendations as I am considering buying Aerosoft Airbus Pro. 

I have faced many issues (and still facing issues) with Axis assignment with my old Airbus extended in particular thrust lever (through FS, with spadnext, Linda...). I am desperate  as I am spending too much time on forums to fix this without any progress while saitek multi panel and switches works perfectly. I did all the conf for PMDG 737 and it was very quick and easy but I prefer simulating Airbus. 

so the question for those who experienced the Airbus Pro and spadnext did you face any issue in axis assignment  or switches and multi panel.

thank you in advance for your feedback.

-fico, 

None of us are sitting in front of your computer, and none of us set up your computer or flight simulator so it's REALLY difficult to advise you on this.  What I can tell you is that 90% of FSUIPC Airbus Axis assignments that I've helped people with are because they didn't use the documentation therefore did not select "Send to FS Normal Axis" in FSUPIC or they had a conflicting setting in the FSUPIC.CFG file.

I love the Airbus Pro.  Since it's listed on the product page I'll say that Connected Flight Deck v2 is in BETA, and unless you live in Europe you may well have issues until work is completed. This is due to the server location and a few other things, but work continues on it.

hi Dave. 

many thanks for the quick feedback, actually, I have seen your posts and followed the instruction among others but it didn't work. I would be really grateful  if  you can send me link to the doc you refers to  and I will read them. 

thanks a lot

fico 

8 hours ago, fico said:

hi Dave. 

many thanks for the quick feedback, actually, I have seen your posts and followed the instruction among others but it didn't work. I would be really grateful  if  you can send me link to the doc you refers to  and I will read them. 

thanks a lot

fico 

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier... it's been one of those days.

The instructions I mentioned come with the Airbus Documentation.  They should be Volume 7 of the standard documentation, and is named "Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup".  If you follow those instructions careefully and the thrust lever still doesn't work in FSUIPC then I believe you have crossed bindings in the FSUIPC.CFG file.  You can test this by moving the FSUIPC.cfg file (located in your simulator main folder in the Modules" sub-folder) to your desktop and the next time you start your sim FSUIPC will build a new CFG file.  Then assign the controller and see how that works.  If it works after doing that, you had a crossed binding in your original FSUIPC.CFG file.

Best wishes.

The issues with the trust levers in the old Airbus Extended sound familiar, I remember I had them too. You could only throttle up, but never down. That's the reason I never paid much attention to it and basically never learned to fly it.

Recently I've bought the update to the Airbus Pro and the trust levers work as they should, that issue has been fixed. So now I can finally learn to fly those birds.

1 hour ago, PatrickZ said:

The issues with the trust levers in the old Airbus Extended sound familiar, I remember I had them too. You could only throttle up, but never down. That's the reason I never paid much attention to it and basically never learned to fly it.

Again, this was because people (usually those experienced setting up FSUIPC with other third party aircraft) were not setting the basis of the bind correctly - and everyone seemed to be missing this even though it was included in our instructions.  For more information, please see my post above.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave and Patrick, 

thank you both for your comments, much appreciated. 

I totally followed the configuration many times but didn't work I reinstalled FSUIPC, same result. what's weird is that I can't find .CFG file anywhere and I have got the licence. is it normal? 

I have got another question: 

can I use (when it will work of course) the thrust axis with FSUIPC while other push bottom and switches are configured with spadnext? 

thank you 

1 hour ago, fico said:

Hi Dave and Patrick, 

thank you both for your comments, much appreciated. 

I totally followed the configuration many times but didn't work I reinstalled FSUIPC, same result. what's weird is that I can't find .CFG file anywhere and I have got the licence. is it normal? 

can I use (when it will work of course) the thrust axis with FSUIPC while other push bottom and switches are configured with spadnext? 

thank you 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having issues.  The FSUIPC.CFG file is located in the Modules folder which is located in your main Prepar3d v4 folder.  (Path = Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules for where you installed P3D).  Also keep in mind the excellent documentation provided with FSUIPC, which can be found both the FSUIPC zipped download folder and via the FSUIPC interface in the simulator.

Here are a few bulleted points to ensure that we're not having a misunderstanding, and to ensure that you are headed in the correct direction (we want you to enjoy our Airbus!).

1. Beyond the manual we wrote for setting up thrust levers via FSUIPC, we do not provide assistance using FSUIPC to bind controller settings.  This is because of the many different customer hardware/software configurations and that FSUIPC is extremely versitile and therefore has many different setting variations.  As such, the best place to get support for using FSUIPC is directly from the developer.  They wrote an impressive manual and have their own support forums and the last time I checked there were a number of helpful posts in their forum for using FSUIPC with the Aerosoft Airbus.  Again, we don't provide support for this.

2.  My personal advice and the official advice of Aerosoft is not to use FSUIPC for setting up traditional flight sim controllers with our products because it's simply not needed. I used FSUIPC for controllers for about 2 months and went back to using standard FSX/P3D control bindings (that should tell you something).  The only exception to my advice (NOT to use FSUIPC) is if you have one or more noisy potentiometers in one or more controllers (and FSUIPC can help dampen the noise out a bit) or you have unique hardware that requires a more versitile interace to the simulator (and this is why Pete Dowson actually created FSUIPC).   So that I'm clear... anytime someone tells me they are using FSUIPC to bind their traditional control settings I ask "why" with my head cocked to one side as it doesn't make any sense other than the exceptions noted above.  So once again, we don't provide support (assistance) for FSUIPC beyond the documentation we provide.  For support you simply must use the FSUIPC documentation or the FSUIPC support forum.

2 hours ago, fico said:

As with my advice above regarding FSUIPC,  you should ask the developer of SPAD.neXt about compatibility with other control bindings.  There is excellent documentation for SPAD.neXt, and they have a forum as well.

I don't want you to think that I'm passing the buck here, but it's always best to go directly to the people who write the software for support, and we simply can't provide support for someone else's product (besides, they get paid to support their product).

Best wishes.

Archived