CRJ Pro: Can't disconnect GPU

Hello all,

I can't seem to disconnect the GPU in the CRJ Pro. I'm in P3D v4.5, version 2.0.0.2 of the CRJ Pro. Basically, I use the 'turnaround' state from the EFB, and when I want to turn on the APU and want to disconnect the GPU through the appropriate tab of the EFB, nothing happens. The GPU button says 'connected' but it's also greyed out and can't be clicked. The only way to get it to disconnect is to load the 'ready to start' panel state, and this gets rid of the GPU. But at that point, I also can't connect the GPU anymore... I didn't really see anything about this in any of the manuals, but I did come across this thread:

Unfortunately, no answer was posted, and this thread also appeared not to be discussing the CRJ Pro, rather the CRJ X. However, it does say the bug was 'resolved'... I'm at a loss about what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Benjamin

• Developer

I'll give it a try. That thread you linked is about the "old" CRJ 700/900X. The GPU/GAU handling is completely new and different in the CRJ Pro.

Hi Hans, thanks for your post. I think I figured it out... I removed the chocks BEFORE I removed the GPU, and this inhibited me removing the GPU thereafter. Perhaps a check can be built in that ensures that the GPU (air cart) is removed before the chocks? One thing I did notice is that sometimes the GPU 3D model doesn't appear, even though I hear it and its delivering power. Not sure what's causing that though...

Overall, this is such an enjoyably plane to fly! Did three short flights over the weekend and it's really prefect for that. I found the EFB checklists very useful too!

Archived