Black Flickering after V1.3.1.0 Update

HondaJet

Today I updated the baby busses to this new version.  When I am in the sim with any of them (a318-321) I am getting really bad black flickering.   It is the same in VC and outside also.  I have tried deleting shaders and also changed from Vsync on to off with little improvement.
I am running P3Dv4.5 with Chaseplane.  

I could not find anything in the forums specific to this update and the flickering.

How can I move back to the previous version which did not have these problems?

Thanks,

Jerry

1 hour ago, HondaJet said:

Today I updated the baby busses to this new version.  When I am in the sim with any of them (a318-321) I am getting really bad black flickering.   It is the same in VC and outside also.  I have tried deleting shaders and also changed from Vsync on to off with little improvement.
I am running P3Dv4.5 with Chaseplane.  

I could not find anything in the forums specific to this update and the flickering.

How can I move back to the previous version which did not have these problems?

Thanks,

Jerry

So that we can see what  you're seeing, can you please provide a short video showing the issue?  This would extremely helpful.

Dave, attached is a short recording of the A318.  The settings for this video was with Vsync OFF but when I first got in the a/c it was ON.   The flickering did not improve when I changed it to OFF.

I also tried reinstalling an earlier version of my chaseplane to see if that helped but that was no help.

I hope you have a fix for this.  If not, what is the best way to get a previous version of A320 series to install instead of v1.3.1.0? Thanks, Jerry

Airbus A318 Flickering.fsr

Jerry,

Please reformat that your video as something our forum can display? That way others don't have to actually download it... computer security and all that.  I've never heard of a FSR file.

Dave, that was the format P3D saved it as using the record function in the Analysis menu.  What format do you recommend and I will see if I can find a way to put it in that format.

Thanks

4 hours ago, HondaJet said:

Dave, that was the format P3D saved it as using the record function in the Analysis menu.  What format do you recommend and I will see if I can find a way to put it in that format.

Thanks

Video record your gameplay with Nvidia video capture or fraps. And have it saved in any video file format that could be easily played on video players. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Deactivate the full screen optimization for Prepar3D:

rightclick on Prepar3D.exe, then in one of the tabs is the checkbox you have to deselect.

That’s a driver problem of your graphic card. I had it also in the past.

8 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Deactivate the full screen optimization for Prepar3D:

rightclick on Prepar3D.exe, then in one of the tabs is the checkbox you have to deselect.

That’s a driver problem of your graphic card. I had it also in the past.

Masterhawk, this seems to have done the trick.  I didn't have time to get in a flight yet but I am not getting the flickering on the ground inside and out.

Thanks for your suggestion.  My video card is Geforce RTX 2080.

Jerry

Masterhawk, I did a flight after making your suggested change and after about 5 minutes P3D threw this error message so I had to change it back to select the full screen optimization.
I am going to reinstall the Airbuses to see if that helps.
Jerry

Please login to display this image.

I think I have found the culprit.  Chaseplane recently updated and so I messed around with it and reset some of my camera views.

That seems to have slowed or stopped the flickering, at least for now.

Thanks for all the ideas here.

Jerry

Archived