No Livery Manager after 1310 install!?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And one more thing.

I did find the latest v1.3.1.0  product file for the A320 .xml file in a different folder and placed it in the Livery Installer/Products folder.

It now generates a different JIT error "Too many items in the Combo box"

Not sure if this helps or not?

Cheers
Mark

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

Ok, I also made a test:

- uninstalled all Buses (A31x/A32x/A330)

- rebooted

- installed all Buses one by one, rebooted

- run installer, everthing is OK

So 2 questions:

- does the subfolder C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\LiveryInstaller\Products look like this with content in it?

Please login to display this image.

please run the attached tool and postthe output

ASVersionInfo.zip 12.77 kB · 4 downloads

Mopperle, Thanks for diving into it.  I have NO files in my liveryinstaller/products.  Do you suggest I unstall all airbuses, restart and reinstall?

On 5/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, airforce806 said:

Same Issue for me.  Installed the new updated version to 1.3.1.0.  Clicking on the Aerosoft Livery Manager from the windows menu and windows said it couldn't find the .exe.  When I manually look for the livery manager located here, I right click and run as admin. and I get the Microsoft.NET FRAMEWORK unhandled exception.  When I click continue to bypass the .NET framework error it opens the 2.1.0.0 livery installer with everything empty.  It doesn't show my Airbus Pro or any liveries.  Anyone find a workaround yet?

I have the .NETE Framework 4.7.2 already installed on my computer.

I have exactly the same problem..Help

1- I have NO files in my liveryinstaller/products.
2- I have the .NET Framework 4.7.2 already installed on my computer.
3- Still the same issue after installing additional C++ libraries.

Hi,

I am sorry to say that my liveryinstaller/products folder is empty also. I did a complete new installation of A320/21 and A330 as per the manual provided several times here. The MS framework and C++ libraries are updated as advised in all previous topics.

Unfortunately the result with the new Aerosoft Livery tool is same as per the attached. There is no link to Livery Manager, no matter it stays in the menu. Everything else is as reported by the other colleagues here. 

Please comment more about this.

Thank you!

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, airforce806 said:

Any headway on this??

On what exactly? Meanwhile several issue are discussed in this topic:

- an empty livery manager: this seems to be an installation issue. Some users could solve it with a proper uninstall and reinstall.

- .NET error: Hard to resolve, as no one from the team can recreate it

- older liveries can not ne installed using the new installer: reason has also been explained

- only one link in the start menu (either under the A32x or A31x): reason is that Windows allows only one link in the Startmenu to the same executable

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

On what exactly? Meanwhile several issue are discussed in this topic:

- an empty livery manager: this seems to be an installation issue. Some users could solve it with a proper uninstall and reinstall.

- .NET error: Hard to resolve, as no one from the team can recreate it

- older liveries can not ne installed using the new installer: reason has also been explained

- only one link in the start menu (either under the A32x or A31x): reason is that Windows allows only one link in the Startmenu to the same executable

On how we all can get our livery manager to work.  Many people are unable to get it working due to this .NET error as well as a missing product files under our aerosoft/liveryinstaller/products folder.  

This is clearly an error related to software since all these people are reporting the EXACT same problem.  

Perhaps a test would be..

Install the old version first then the new version and see if you get the same errors as all of us?  If this is a poor test then perhaps support can provide us with some direction on things to try.

The .NET Error is below. The update is also removing the .xml file in the products folder.  This livery installer shows no products installed.  This is also a clean system, up to date including all the .NET files.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Livery_Installer.MainWindow.cbxSim_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Livery_Installer.MainWindow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Livery Installer
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/4aaro/Documents/Aerosoft/LiveryInstaller/Livery%20Installer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, airforce806 said:

This is clearly an error related to software since all these people are reporting the EXACT same problem.

Definitely not, otherwise all users would experience this error.

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

- older liveries can not be installed using the new installer: reason has also been explained

Hi,

Sorry, but I need to mix 2 topics, which are concerning almost same subject.

The explanation as per the above was: "As we do not make the liveries, you will have to check if the person who made the livery used his own system or our standard. Simply out of our control". Sorry to say, but this sounds quite strange and immediately raises some very logical questions:

- what exactly standards the livery should comply with?

- why the same liveries were working with the previous versions and most important, why do they work normally when installed manually in this version?

I do not like to be a mentor to anybody, but my very friendly suggestion to the entire team involved in the "livery" subject is PLEASE have a look at the program code once again. Nobody is perfect and mistakes may happen in many occasions. 

Alternatively, there will be more topics like the several on the same subject as registered here. I am also afraid that the tone will be not so "proactive" compared to mine here...

Have a nice weekend!

Especially when some marketing genius calls the new livery manager "a very clever livery manager", which is obviously not "clever" enough to be capable of installing hundreds of already available liveries...

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

Definitely not, otherwise all users would experience this error.

That was my assumption perhaps incorrect.  The only thing that has changed on this system was this update, so that is why I believe it is software related. I am not a coder or designer.

I just see that there are many users with the exact same issue.  Many can't get the livery manager to work, let alone even open correctly due to the .NET Framework error.  The operating systems is updated, and the .NET Framework repair tool has been run. The guide I posted earlier is how I tried to install the latest A320/A321 release.

The livery manager also no longer recognizes Aerosoft products.  My intention isn't to create more issues but to solve this one issue.  I am more than willing to send file structures or whatever is needed to troubleshoot and thought a forum where many people have the issue would be a good place to solve everything together as a team.  Is this something we can do?  If this isn't the place to get support on this perhaps I can be led to the right place to do so.  

Hi,

I would agree with Airforce806. The only change is the installation of the latest Aerosoft package for the Airbus on my system (although via some additional t/shooting from this thread I have additional c++ libraries installed now). I can even roll back to v1.3.0.3 and everything including the old Livery Manager works.

Therefore there has to be some explanation of why some users are unable to use the new Livery Manager when installing the latest Aerosoft update for the Airbus. What also does not appear correct is even though there's a .NET error, the fact that the Products folder is completely empty means the installation is not occurring as expected.

Anyway I hope the Aerosoft Support team can continue to work on the reported problem with the help of this community given its difficult to reproduce the issue right now by the Support team itself.

In the meantime, I have reverted to installing the old Livery Manager posted by Mathijs and relinked the existing Start menu option for this old application. With this workaround, at least I can get my existing Airbus liveries imported into the sim now and continue flying.

More info here:

Cheers
Mark

On 5/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, airforce806 said:

Mopperle, Thanks for diving into it.  I have NO files in my liveryinstaller/products.  Do you suggest I unstall all airbuses, restart and reinstall?

Maybe it is already covered but reading in many other topics I can see a pattern regarding onedrive from Microsoft.

If Onedrive is connected to you "documents" folder it could be the answer to this problem

3 hours ago, Hjontemyra said:

Maybe it is already covered but reading in many other topics I can see a pattern regarding onedrive from Microsoft.

If Onedrive is connected to you "documents" folder it could be the answer to this problem

I don't use OneDrive.  For now I reverted back to the old livery manager and installing manually till an update is released.

Hi All,

I believe I have solved the problem for the A320/A321 for P3Dv4! 🙂

The issue for me is indeed missing product .xml files for the new Livery Manager. I assume something "screwy" occurred  with the latest installation of the Airbus v1.3.1.0 that Aerosoft should look into given a number of users have reported similar problems.

For me the solution was the following to get the new Livery Manager working for the A320/A321 Professional package:

1. Take one or more of the attached Product xml files from this post (based upon which Aerosoft products you have actually  installed)  and copy that file(s) into your Documents/Aerosoft/LiveryInstaller/Products folder. In my case, this Products folder was completely empty after the installation of v1.3.1.0.
  2. Startup the new Livery Manager and you should see a screenshot showing the provided Aerosoft liveries.

Note 1: The majority of existing livery packages still do not import since they are missing the new LiveryManager.txt file required in the Texture folder of each repaint so that it can be read by the new Livery Manager.

- I looked at a few  A320/A321 repaint downloads from the Aerosoft forum today and I could not find any so far that include the additional LiveryInstaller.txt file to make them work with the new Livery Manager. 

Note 2: Given the above, by using the Package Selected Livery option within the new Livery Manager, you can save one of those installed liveries to your local PC to create a package that contains the template for the LiveryManager.txt file. I have not tried this out yet.

Note 3: If the relevant product .xml (note these are mostly the Prof packages) is not listed here, please contact Aerosoft. They should have them!

I hope that helps a little!

Cheers
Mark

as_a318_a319_prof.xml as_a320_a321_prof.xml as_a330_prof.xml as_crj_prof.xml as_douglas-dc-8_p3d4.xml

Hi All,

Just a quick follow up to Notes 1 and 2 mentioned in the above post, I did experiment today with creating a modified repaint zip file with the new LiveryInstaller.txt file included that is then compatible with the new Livery Manager program.

This does in principal work if you create/modify the existing Airbus livery zip file in question by adding the newly created LiveryInstaller.txt file and including the two relevant sections in this file as documented in other Livery Manager threads.

As mentioned, the best way to do this is by saving your own  "template" file for the LiveryInstaller.txt by using the Package Selected Option of the new Livery Manager, as mentioned in the post above, to obtain that file from one of your already installed Airbus liveries and then modifying the file accordingly with the correct Airbus product type and including the correct [Fltsim.x] section details.

Cheers
Mark

In file as_a320_a321_prof.xml:

BasePath="SimObjects\Airplanes">

What if my installation folder is: D:\FSim\P3D_Addons\0_Aircraft_Core\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional ?

Now Application start after Mark's advice to place xml file in Products folder.

However I can't see any of the Aerosofts provided paints...

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, AirMarcel said:

In file as_a320_a321_prof.xml:

BasePath="SimObjects\Airplanes">

What if my installation folder is: D:\FSim\P3D_Addons\0_Aircraft_Core\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional ?

Now Application start after Mark's advice to place xml file in Products folder.

However I can't see any of the Aerosofts provided paints...

The livery manager reads this part:

„D:\FSim\P3D_Addons\0_Aircraft_Core\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional“ from the add-on.cfg if the addon is properly registered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The best way for doing it, if adding a new livery is soooo badly needed, is do it manually. Takes some time, of course, but always works perfectly.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/27/2020 at 9:39 AM, AirMarcel said:

Folks, any idea how to add liveries to new version of a320?! I need it baaadly., 

How about this pinned topic?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same as you Lambourne. Same message. So I’m disappointed because I can’t install other liveries.  Aerosoft can’t send a link with the livery manager to download again

Archived