No Livery Manager after 1310 install!?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, I hided some posts in this topic. Please, no offense to each other. 
If the manager is working like for me, great. If there are users who have problems, we are here to help each other.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/3/2020 at 8:22 AM, Querer said:

1. True, but in the A318-A319 submenue in the Windows start menue, there is only that link. No link to the new livery manager.

2. I understand, but then why it is within the A320-A321 submenue and not a separate item? No showstopper neither, you are right.

3. If I uninstall something, I want to have all traces gone, not half of it remaining in some folders.

4. I will as soon as I reinstalled the two busses.

I know it is not a big deal, but those non-big deals are getting frequent with AS products, that is a pity...

Hi,
1./2. I could confirm the wrong/missing links in the startmenu. I forwarded it.
3. The Uninstaller is deleting everything, except: common files also used by other products. The A319 uninstaller handles the A320 has other product!
4. Had also empty livery manager, after install of the buses. Forwarded it also. Maybe because I installed in the windows sandbox.

I thought you do not have any issue with the Livery Manager? Anyway, re-installation resolved the issue for me. I guess (only a guess) that in my case, the problem was that I only rebooted after installing both A318-A319 and A320-A321, not after each installation.

21 hours ago, lambourne said:

It's nice to see others at least get the new livery manager to open. I just installed v1.3.1.0 and it doesn't even get that far.

Installation process: I have the A318-319 and A320-321 as separate products. I uninstalled the A320-321 using the Windows Add/Remove Programs function. After doing that I then installed v1.3.1.0 and rebooted when the installer prompted me to do so. On clicking the Aerosoft Livery entry in the Start Menu I get the attached error message.

Full error log from the error message follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Livery_Installer.MainWindow.cbxSim_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Livery_Installer.MainWindow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Livery Installer
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/($myusername-edited)/Documents/Aerosoft/LiveryInstaller/Livery%20Installer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Please login to display this image.

Hi, I still have the same problem as you. Were you able to solve it? I've been trying again right now and nothing to do, I just can't get it to work. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Querer said:

I thought you do not have any issue with the Livery Manager? Anyway, re-installation resolved the issue for me. I guess (only a guess) that in my case, the problem was that I only rebooted after installing both A318-A319 and A320-A321, not after each installation.

Yes, no problem on my personal computer. For the fast installer testing I fired up the windows sandbox.

• Aerosoft

The .net issues some people reported could be due to the fact it needs .NET Framework 4.7.2. Now this is standard on all Windows 10 systems and on most Win 8 systems but might be missing on older system (that we no longer support because Microsoft does not support them anymore, btw).

It can be downloaded here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472

Same Issue for me.  Installed the new updated version to 1.3.1.0.  Clicking on the Aerosoft Livery Manager from the windows menu and windows said it couldn't find the .exe.  When I manually look for the livery manager located here, I right click and run as admin. and I get the Microsoft.NET FRAMEWORK unhandled exception.  When I click continue to bypass the .NET framework error it opens the 2.1.0.0 livery installer with everything empty.  It doesn't show my Airbus Pro or any liveries.  Anyone find a workaround yet?

I have the .NETE Framework 4.7.2 already installed on my computer.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The .net issues some people reported could be due to the fact it needs .NET Framework 4.7.2. Now this is standard on all Windows 10 systems and on most Win 8 systems but might be missing on older system (that we no longer support because Microsoft does not support them anymore, btw).

It can be downloaded here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472

thank you very much but the problem persists. My Windows 10 operating system is updated to the latest version and although I downloaded the file as per the Microsoft link you indicated, when I run the program I can't go on because a pop up appears to warn me that I have the latest version of the program. How do I get out of it? 

Thanks a lot

Best

Saverio

Hi,

Just reporting back.

In turns out I tried to install .NET  4.7.2 and the installer said it was already installed on my system so I have to assume the .NET error is due to something else at this stage.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks Mathijs for looking into this further.

Here's my info regarding what's installed on my machine in terms of .NET. This may help.

Cheers
Mark

• Aerosoft

I had to make a 100% clean machine today for testing something else (so new OS, new P3df V4.5) and could not replicate the issue. So it's still not clear to me what could cause this. It has to be a specific combination on the affected systems.

Hi Mathijs,

After performing the install of the new 1.3.1.0 as per the instructions listed below caused the livery manager issues.  When you tried it on your system did you install the old version then perform the update to this new version?  Just trying to narrow down why many users are having the same issue of now no longer having a livery manager or one that workd.

1. De-activate your protection software, unfortunately there are many many false positives these days.
  2. Use the Livery Installer to backup the additional liveries you have installed
    click on liveries and select Package Selected Liveries
  3. Use the windows software control panel applet to de-install the A318/A319.
  4. Use the windows software control panel applet to de-install current version of FS2Crew RAAS
  5. Check if the product folder is deleted. if not manually delete it
  6. Install the new version, note that it needs a reboot to install fonts and the new version of RAAS.

Hi Mathijs,

Similar situation here:

Windows 10 Professional installed version 1909.

v1.3.0.3 of Aerosoft A320/A321 installed.

1. Made a back up of one A320 aircraft to a zip file using the existing Livery Manager backup function
  2. Disabled Windows Defender
  3. Uninstalled Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 v1.3.0.3 via Windows Add/Remove Programs (did not uninstall RAAS- forgot about that!)
  4. Ran the Airbus installer for v 1.3.1.0. Had to reboot PC in order to complete install RAAS installation.

Cheers
Mark

Stupid question: do you guys check that in the sim dropdown menue of the novel Livery Manager Prepar3d v4.5 is selected? It was on P3Dv5 as default after I installed the busses, and of course, for v5 the list of repaints is empty...

I sure did.  My drop down says Prepar3d v4.

7 hours ago, Querer said:

Stupid question: do you guys check that in the sim dropdown menue of the novel Livery Manager Prepar3d v4.5 is selected? It was on P3Dv5 as default after I installed the busses, and of course, for v5 the list of repaints is empty...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I also made a test:

- uninstalled all Buses (A31x/A32x/A330)

- rebooted

- installed all Buses one by one, rebooted

- run installer, everthing is OK

So 2 questions:

- does the subfolder C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\LiveryInstaller\Products look like this with content in it?

please run the attached tool and postthe output

ASVersionInfo.zip

7 hours ago, Querer said:

Yep. the same as per Airforce806. P3Dv4 only.

Question: In the Livery Installer folder I see there is a Products folder. I have no files in this folder. Should that be the case?

Regards
Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, supera380 said:

I have no files in this folder. Should that be the case?

yes, as in my screnshot above

24 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Ok, I also made a test:

- uninstalled all Buses (A31x/A32x/A330)

- rebooted

- installed all Buses one by one, rebooted

- run installer, everthing is OK

So 2 questions:

- does the subfolder C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\LiveryInstaller\Products look like this with content in it?

please run the attached tool and postthe output

ASVersionInfo.zip 12.77 kB · 3 downloads

Hi Otto,

No, there are no product XML files in that folder. Completely blank folder. I did double check by re-installing v1.3.1.0 and they are definitely not there.

Also attached info back from running ASinfo.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thx
Mark

Asinfo.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I see some signifikant differences to my system regarding the MS Visual C++ libraries:

- x64 for C++ 2005 is missing

- C++ 2008 is completely missing

- x64 for C++ 2010 is missing

- C++ 2013 is not uptodate

Altough I'm not 100% sure that this is the reason, I recommend a fresh install of all libraries starting with 2005.

Thanks Otto,

I will attempt to instal latest versions of each.

What about the product xml files being missing in the folder. I assume I should have at least one file for the Airbus A320/A321 Professional correct?

Regards
Mark

Archived