No Livery Manager after 1310 install!?

Hi,

Installing the new version 1310, the livery manager is gone.

The shortcuts are installed, but it cannot find the actual file.

The Livery Manager A318-A319.exe can however be located manually in the A330 folder, but it does not show a single livery!?

I am a bit confused, looking for assistance.

Thanks,

Denes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, the "Livery Manager" entry is still present in the start menue of Windows, but clicking on it results in a pop-up window telling me that Windows is looking for the .exe. I

Instead, there is the new Livery Manager, but only inside the A320 menue, not in the A319 menue. But opening this livery manager simply shows everything empty. Not a single livery installed? Does the new livery manager not show the default liveries?

And, you can select the Prepar3d variant, which is of no use currently (but at least it is already there).

I have noticed the same problem. With the new installer 1.3.1.0 there seems to be two livery manager links. The old one, which can‘t be found, and a new one which however doesnt work. I have to install liveries manually.

29 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Please check whether it has been deleted/quarantined by your AV Software.

No, AV hasnt quarantined or removed anything. I also deactivated AV when I installed the Buses.
Ive attached a screenshot with the error message.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Brittanix said:

No, AV hasnt quarantined or removed anything. I also deactivated AV when I installed the Buses.
Ive attached a screenshot with the error message.

This is something different. The used zipfile simpy does not follow the requirements so that it can be used by the installer.  Has already been discussed here:

50 minutes ago, Brittanix said:

I have noticed the same problem. With the new installer 1.3.1.0 there seems to be two livery manager links.

But this is only true for the A320-A321 installation. The A318-A319 installation results in no livery manager at all, the old link to the non-existent old livery manager only.

With the A320-A321 installation, you get both links, yes. And opening the novel one results in a complete empty screen, showing no liveries at all.

Also in my case a no: the AV software (I use only what Windows 10 offers me, no additional AV software installed) did not quarantine anything.

13 minutes ago, mopperle said:

This is something different. The used zipfile simpy does not follow the requirements so that it can be used by the installer.  Has already been discussed here:

So that means by using this new "clever" livery manager I cant install any of my liveries using this installer because they are all missing some .txt. file?
Why has the other livery manager been removed? At least it would work using that one.

Die Busse A318-321 wurden von mir auf Version 1.3.1.0 aktualisiert, jedoch werden  Liverie-Manager alt und neu angezeigt !
Das Problem "Liverie-Manager alt und neu" existiert schon seit längerer Zeit, wann bekommt Aerosoft dies endlich mal hin ??

The busses A318-321 have been updated to version 1.3.1.0 by me, but Liverie-Manager is shown old and new !
The problem "Liverie-Manager old and new" exists since a long time, when will Aerosoft finally fix it ?

Greeting Helmut

And now? Silence? Is this bug acknowledged or not? What can we do to fix it? And: how the hell could this slip beta tests (again)?

Hi,

Please advise when can we expect a proper installer without broken links and a working livery manager.

Many thanks,

Denes

Regarding the new livery manager: I can also confirm that after installing the A320/321 it doesn't even show the installed liveries anymore.

Please fix this and also get the old livery manager to work again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is an installer for the new livery manager:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/150903-the-livery-installer-manual-or-rather-two-images/

But it is not necessary to have it installed in all Airbus products separate, because it has its own folder and does also handel CRJ and DC8.

Have you also followed this update instructions?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/152496-april-2020-updates-a318a319-and-a320a321-available/

Currently there is no plan to revert back to the old manager.

If you want to use older not compatible zip files, you have to install them manually. Then you can create automatic a compatible zip for future use.

vor 2 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Currently there is no plan to revert back to the old manager.

If you want to use older not compatible zip files, you have to install them manually. Then you can create automatic a compatible zip for future use.

Where can I find instructions on how to insert liveries manually?

Is there a suitable Liverie in the "Aerosoft free downloads" to test the new installer?

Greeting Helmut

Wo gibt es eine Anleitung, wie man Liveries manuell einfügen kann ?

Gibt es im "Aerosoft kostenlose Downloads" eine taugliche Liverie um den neuen Installer mal zu testen?

Gruß Helmut

• Deputy Sheriffs
39 minutes ago, Helmut Brandt said:

Where can I find instructions on how to insert liveries manually?

Is there a suitable Liverie in the "Aerosoft free downloads" to test the new installer?

Greeting Helmut

Wo gibt es eine Anleitung, wie man Liveries manuell einfügen kann ?

Gibt es im "Aerosoft kostenlose Downloads" eine taugliche Liverie um den neuen Installer mal zu testen?

Gruß Helmut

That's a guide how to convert old liverys to the professional format, but explains the manual isntall.

I don't know if there is a compatible livery, you have to check the latest uploaded liverys, if they contain the required txt file.

Helmut,

I have successfully used this method :

"To install this aircraft manually, copy the following text into your 'aircraft.cfg',  inside the folder 'SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A319 IAE Professional'.

Replace the X in [FLTSIM.X] by the next following number (like [FLTSIM.8]) and put the snippet after the last FLTSIM-object.

Then you copy the complete texture folder into the same aircraft folder where you find the aircraft.cfg.

[FLTSIM.X]
title                    = Airbus A319 British Airways G-EUPS
sim                    = A319IAE
model                    = GDBCF
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = British Airways G-EUPS
kb_checklists                = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                    = G-EUPS
atc_airline                = SPEEDBIRD
atc_flight_number              = 1000
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A319-131 IAE
ui_variation                = British Airways
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes               = BAW
description                = Airbus A319 - 131 IAE / British Airways G-EUPS \nwww.aerosoft.com \nRepaint by Holgi (simtexture.de)

I did the above and this aircraft appeared in the new Livery Installer under A319 IAE

Good luck!

•  

I am honestly disappointed that there is no support here regarding this question. I try a re-install, maybe I did something wrong...

EDIT: ok, uninstalling both Airbusses does not remove the "Aerosoft livery". What a mess, how do I get rid of it now?

Gentlemen....

"I am honestly disappointed that there is no support here regarding this question"

Maybe we all need to remember that is the weekend and that there is a global pandemic causing havoc.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Querer said:

I am honestly disappointed that there is no support here regarding this question. I try a re-install, maybe I did something wrong...

EDIT: ok, uninstalling both Airbusses does not remove the "Aerosoft livery". What a mess, how do I get rid of it now?

I can‘t fully understand the problem.

1. If there are the links placed to the old livery managers, that link to nothing...not nice, but no showstopper. Will look later into.

2. There is only one install of the new livery manager in a own folder. So no need to have a link inside both installs. Maybe not nice, but one does the job Afro all. Will look later into.

3. what do you want to get rid of?
4. please show a Screenshot of the „empty“ new livery manager.

afternoon all i think the new livery manager would be excellent if the re painters would just use the package option in the livery installer. the issue is not with aerosoft but the re painters that do not feel the necessity of packaging their repaints before posting. if you wish to see if the new livery manager works open it and find  a manually installed livery and do the package option then remove the manual install and drag and drop the newly created package into the livery manager.. so you see until the wonderful re painters do this the only route to follow is the manual install.

cheers all steve the old fart

try this file etihad new livery

Aerosoft A333 professional Etihad Airways A6-AYF (NEW LIVERY) 1.zip

13 hours ago, masterhawk said:

I can‘t fully understand the problem.

1. If there are the links placed to the old livery managers, that link to nothing...not nice, but no showstopper. Will look later into.

2. There is only one install of the new livery manager in a own folder. So no need to have a link inside both installs. Maybe not nice, but one does the job Afro all. Will look later into.

3. what do you want to get rid of?
4. please show a Screenshot of the „empty“ new livery manager.

1. True, but in the A318-A319 submenue in the Windows start menue, there is only that link. No link to the new livery manager.

2. I understand, but then why it is within the A320-A321 submenue and not a separate item? No showstopper neither, you are right.

3. If I uninstall something, I want to have all traces gone, not half of it remaining in some folders.

4. I will as soon as I reinstalled the two busses.

I know it is not a big deal, but those non-big deals are getting frequent with AS products, that is a pity...

1 hour ago, Querer said:

4. I will as soon as I reinstalled the two busses.

Re-installing both products resolved the issue of an empty livery manager. Still somehow irritating that the "Aerosoft Livery" is now accessible only via A320-A321 submenue, in the A318-A319 submenue, only the dead link to the old livery manager is present.

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, dron960 said:

I have a question for aerosoft. When you delete previous versions of the aircraft according to your instructions, the installer takes down the entire document folder, where the folders Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and Prepar3D v4 Files are located. Then you have to restore everything. That's what needs to be fixed.

Will check it.

It's nice to see others at least get the new livery manager to open. I just installed v1.3.1.0 and it doesn't even get that far.

Installation process: I have the A318-319 and A320-321 as separate products. I uninstalled the A320-321 using the Windows Add/Remove Programs function. After doing that I then installed v1.3.1.0 and rebooted when the installer prompted me to do so. On clicking the Aerosoft Livery entry in the Start Menu I get the attached error message.

Full error log from the error message follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Livery_Installer.MainWindow.cbxSim_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Livery_Installer.MainWindow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Livery Installer
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/($myusername-edited)/Documents/Aerosoft/LiveryInstaller/Livery%20Installer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Archived