New Livery Manager starts with a MS.NET Framework Error

On 21.6.2020 at 19:41, mopperle sagte:

What do you expect? This is definitely a local issue on some users systems, otherwise every user would have this problem. And Aerosoft can not debug every individual system.

Additionally this forum is mainly driven by users helping other users. So if you think Aersoft has to solve your local problem, please contact support directly via the official contacts, which you can find on the Aerosoft homepage.

Gents, I want to disagree here - an "unhandled exception" for a System.NullReferenceException does not clearly sound like a local error on some users systems - it's an initialisation error that the program code might be able to check before referencing the object. At least it shouldn't be impossible for a programmer to debug and catch the exception so we can know what object is missing at last.

I did a fresh install w/o AV of the A320 into P3Dv5 HF2 and updated to 1.4.0.2 using the updater and installed the techpowerup.com .net-Framework package - to no avail.

It occured to me that continuing through the exeception dialog and opening the Livery Installer the drop down "Product" is empty in my installation. Also the directory ...\Documents\Aerosoft\LiveryInstaller\Products is empty. On the other hand the ASUpdater\Products directory contains the as_a320_a321_prof_v5.xml file.

Anybody with the same observations? Is there a file missing in the LiveryInstaller\Products dir?

Archived