[P3D] A330 1.0.0.10 - During Cruse suddenly Managed speed stopped working

Bernd E.

Prepar3D v4.5.13.32097

A330 1.0.0.10

Hello all,

not sure if this is a common issue, but suddenly during cruise Managed Speed changed to 210.
I switched to Speed Selected and all was fine again.

What can cause this?

Route was LSZH-KSAN.

Problem started shortlöy after 6230N

LSZHKSAN01.flp

We saw this in the past, and believe it was caused by errant weather engine input.  I experienced this on three flights shortly after I transitioned from Europe to the Atlantic ocean (Europe to North America flight), which lead me to believe it was indeed a weather engine issue (I was using ActiveSky).  I haven't seen it in quite some time, and we made some changes to the code in one of the past updates to help mitigate this.

If you can, I recommend updating to P3Dv4.5 HF3, but if you do so please update all three P3D Components.

Let us know if you see this again!

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me as well today around 9 hours inflight on a flight from EDDF to VRMM. Speed dropped down to 110 knots and TOGALK activated. I was not able to fix the issue and had to go for Manual speed. I have P3Dv4.5 HF3 installed and active sky . The issue seems to be similar with a former bug that I had with the A320 family.

Archived