CRJ Pro : sudden unrecoverable freeze

Hello, I bought the Pro yesterday (P4.5)

on my first two attempts, I've experienced a freezing of the sim (from 18/25fps to 1), once while setting up the CRJ on the ground and doing GSX ops, once while trying to climb to cruise altitude: I had to shut down P3D

this is the first time I'm experiencing this with a complex aircraft, as far as I remember

please, should I think to something wrong on my side, or can you suggest something about it ?

thanks

24 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That has been a reported issue with P3Dv5.  Is that what you are using?

P4.5, hotfix 2

27 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Anything in the Windows Event logs?

I cannot find anything relevant at the time of "freezing"

please, should I check for anything specific? (not being an expert, maybe I'm missing the right clue, in event logger I see only my "killing" of p3d)

30 minutes ago, Tozzifan said:

P4.5, hotfix 2

I cannot find anything relevant at the time of "freezing"

please, should I check for anything specific? (not being an expert, maybe I'm missing the right clue, in event logger I see only my "killing" of p3d)

Since you're not running P3Dv5, the following topic shows that select people have the frame rate issue you're reporting.  I'm not sure what is causing it, and I don't suffer from it myself.   You could certainly try a fresh install of P3Dv4.5 (all three components).

Other than that, Hans is the very best person to provide support for the CRJ, I was just wondering if you were trying to run the CRJ in P3Dv5.

• Developer
On 30.4.2020 at 17:54, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Other than that, Hans is the very best person to provide support for the CRJ

Not in this case, I fear. This is the very first time I hear about something like this.

My first question would have been the one that Mathijs asked. But if there's nothing in the event logs it's hard to determine what could be wrong (not that the event logs are really helpful - they usually help to exclude causes. That's all)

53 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Not in this case, I fear. This is the very first time I hear about something like this.

My first question would have been the one that Mathijs asked. But if there's nothing in the event logs it's hard to determine what could be wrong (not that the event logs are really helpful - they usually help to exclude causes. That's all)

of course, the issue will happen again

I haven't had the time to fly again with the CRJ, I'll report again, to try to provide more clues or Event Logger details

Archived