Loss of Cockpit/Environment Sound

SAV1

I have a bizarre problem that has suddenly come about in the Airbus professional series for P3D V4. I am getting no cockpit sounds (clicks, seatbelt bongs etc), and only partial engine sound. It is almost like it is trying to play the sounds through speakers that don't exist. 

I've checked my sound settings in windows etc and ensured it is on stereo and not set as surround sound (thus making the sim think I have speakers that I don't), and I've done a complete fresh reinstall of the aircraft. However nothing is making a difference.

This is affecting both the A318/19 and A330 packages I have. Other aircraft in the sim seem to be working fine sound wise. 

Anyone else had this problem or aware of any fixes for it? Again, no idea how it came about. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to make sure, what are your settings in P3D and the Bus:

Please login to display this image.

Yeps - except I don't have voice ticked in the sim sound settings, but that isn't anything new. Always had that off and it used to work fine. Other than that everything is set as it should be. Again - I haven't made any changes to any sound settings which may have caused this issue. 

There was another thread which mentioned changing sound output to 16bit, tried that; no joy. 

I have a similar issue.

Just re-installed the latest A318/319 build / package.

Cockpit sounds work normal initially.

I then open a "new view" window from the P3D menus (say to observe the wing etc.) and close that window again, the regular cockpit sounds are no longer audible (i.e. Master caution, the "ping" of signs on / off etc.).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Try cycling the Q key 1 time (or 2 times if 1 doesn't do it) to see if that resets the sound.

vor 3 Stunden , Herman sagte:

Try cycling the Q key 1 time (or 2 times if 1 doesn't do it) to see if that resets the sound.

Tried all possible ways that I could think off with Q but cockpit sounds do not come back.

BUT: Found a very strange workaround: I use ChasePlane. After closing the additional external window (that kills the cockpit sounds) just switching between cockpit views (with ChasePlane) does not bring the sound back. But switching to an outside view (using ChasePlane) and then going back to any Cockpit view (again with ChasePlane) does bring the sounds back.

Strange but for me the work around is good enough.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing the workaround. Let's see if it helps someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t use chaseplane. So not a resolution for me.

Haven’t had chance to install the latest 318/19 package to try that yet. Hope to do this on Friday.

I have installed the very latest A318/19/330 and I still have this problem. I have half sound in the cockpit (background engine noise) and no cockpit noises (clicks/alarms etc).

Outside seems fine.

i am getting quite annoyed with this to be honest. Something needs to be done.

Resolved - seems windows had decided to install some separate Realtek sound drivers/software.

Uninstalled this and let windows generate its own default drivers and all is well.

If anyone else comes across this problem - check your control panel to see if you have a realtek audio manager (or equivalent) then check your add/remove programs for audio drivers/software and get rid of whats there!

Archived