Strange STARs at EGKK

I've noticed every time I fly into EGKK and select the runway and STAR given by SimBrief, the Bus always seems to make it weird and it never goes to plan. I've attached a screenshot of my display showing the flight plan on approach into EGKK following this route: LOWI/26 DCT KPT L856 AKABI UZ613 HOC UL613 DIDOR UT10 IRBAL UT421 KUNAV TIMBA4B EGKK/08R

I've flown a few different STARs but they all seem problematic, whether it being funky like this one, or having a very large-angled turn towards the runway on final approach; so great that it exceeds the aircraft's bank angle and then I'm not lined up for the runway about 1 mile out.

If I am presented with the below after entering my flight plan, what should I do?

Please login to display this image.

What Nav data are you using? i use Navigraph and don't recall seeing that ...looking at the Nav data files i guess you are using Navdata pro as with Navigraph i see CF08R, FF08R ...with Navdata pro it shows ,IGG10, IGG86 etc.

Your navdata seems to be out of date, the TIMBA 4B STAR was renamed KUNAV 1G in October 2019.

Which transition ('via' in the FMGC) did you select? It looks like you didn't select one at all because from the intercept angle it seems as if you're trying to fly from TIMBA waypoint (down to the south east from EGKK) direct to the IAF. The transition takes you around from the last STAR waypoint to line up with the runway fixes in the FMGC.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When importing flightplans from another source like Simbrief, you have to make sure that in both products, Simbrief and the Airbus, you use the same cycle. You can not use Simbrief with an actual cycle like 2005 and the Airbus with an outdated cycle like 1905 (or whatever is installed with your product).

Thanks all for the replies. I don't have anything like Navigraph or Nav Data pro, I just create flight plans on Simbrief and then type them in manually on the FMC. I checked and Simbrief is using AIRAC cycle 1903 and my FMC has this - is this my problem?

Archived