F-14 Stuck in Checklist Prestart

AIXtreme2K

Hi everybody.

I moved my F-14 out of its hangar and was looking forward to fly it in P3D V4.

Making my way through checklist I ran into a problem. Its in the category "Spoiler Check" in Prestart list.

The steps one has to check are the following:

• Flight Controls- Cycle
  • DLC - ON
  • Antiskid - Spoiler BK
  • Master Test - Stick SW
  • Antiskid - OFF
  • Flaps and Slats - Up

Problem is, that I do not get the checkmark after doing all the steps.

1. I cycle the Flight Controls,
  2. push the DLC Button (White button left side of flightstick- clicks into place),
  3. toggle the Antiskid - Spoiler lever (left side console.... from this point I don't know if I am still on line)
  4. Master Test Switch is set to Stick SW
  5. Turn Antiskid lever back to OFF
  6. Move the Flaps back up

As mentioned I do not get the checkmark An additional thing I noticed is, that the white DLC ENGAGE Button clicks out of place when I toggle the Antiskid spoiler lever... I think this happens after moving this lever. I check it again later.

Perhaps somebody can help me.

Thanks guys!

I'll take a look, but it's been so long since I had the time to do a full cold&dark checklist. The DLC check should be a on/off check to make sure they work prior to moving down the checklist.

Tested in v4.5HF2, works as advertised in my config. Again, the DLC check is a quick on/off, look to make sure they pop up and move to the next check. Also, are you getting a "GO" light on the master test panel? The only 2D checklist issue I had was the hook check, it cycled and go stuck down and the lever in the VC would not move after clicking. Released the parking brake, taxi forward and reset it did the trick. You can also just click the box next to the item, I do this for the boarding ladder. I would have issues in FSX with the checklist and would just bypass.

The only other thing I can think of is I start with the default flight set up with the Iris Raptor. In this test, I shutdown and then switched to the Tomcat for a cold/dark start.

• 10 months later...

Guys, again I moved my F-14 Tomcat out of its hanger. I fly it in P3D V4.

The problem getting stuck in Checklist still exists, but I managed to work around the problems. Still, this isn't the comfortable way so I decided to gather my information. Perhaps some techman from Aerosoft or another user can help to find a solution for the problems. Getting the checkmark at the followings steps is sometimes "random". Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

• Flight Controls- Cycle
  • DLC - ON
  • Antiskid - Spoiler BK
  • Master Test - Stick SW
  • Antiskid - OFF
  • Flaps and Slats - Up

This checklist item seems to be buggy or the steps show a wrong description. After going through all checks as described, I won't get the checkmark for it. 

Clicking the checkbox in front of this item does not show any effect. I managed to get the checkmark by running through all the checks as described, doing it again, this time the flaps not fully down (this is step before this check -> Flaps and slats DOWN (I do get the checkmark for this). Mostly I do not get the checkmark running throught the test twice, so I start to lower the manouver flaps manualls, click the DLC button, cycle the stick and so on. Sometimes I get the checkmark when roughtly move any wings, flaps or spoilers again and again. Sometimes I won't. And that's frustrating somehow. Sometimes it helps to click on the item box of the following check: set manouver flaps.

I'd be glad, when someone can help me with that problem. 

Prestart there is a check, where ones ought to crank up the right engine. This works perfectly. The next steps: 

• Set right master Gen to off, Fuel Press Off do not work when done manually. First, the master Engine Lever is already set to "off" after cranking up the right engine (and for the left engine it's the same problem) and I cannot see a way how to set the Fuel Press to off.
  • The next item in the checklist is 'engine start instrument check' Sometimes this is hard to get the checkmark too. 

I managed to work around the problem. I crank in this case the right engine up, then click the checkbox in the checklist where the item Master Gen and Fuel Press is listed. This item gets the checkmark, the engine startup instrument check sometimes does get the checkmark, sometimes it doesn't.

In case the checkmark does not show up there is nothing I can do but restarting the scenario.

I hope you can understand what I mean. Sorry for my my english. It got a bit rusty. :)

Thanks for your help guys. I will make a tutorial video for the checklists in case we find a reliable solution to the problem getting stuck in checklist.

Cheers.

OK, Problem No.1 is solved. In case someone wants to know this is what did the job:

In the item before the problematic check one is to set Flaps and Slats down. You need to make sure, that the Flaps Handle is placed at the "dn" marking.

Then go throught the next checks as described, but when you set the Master Test switch to "Stick SW" wait for the green "go" light. After the green light pops up make sure to set the Master Test Switch to "off" again before swithcing Antiskid to Off! This should to the trick!

For No2, I think you are reading the checklist wrong, see below. On all the Master Tests, move the switch to the desired position and push down to initiate the test...then wait for a green GO light. Reseting to the OFF position helps as well.

8. R GEN light . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Out
9. R FUEL PRESS light . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Out
10. Idle engine instrument readings . . . . . . . . . . . . . Check
a. Rpm . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 62 to 78 Percent
b. EGT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500° (nominal)
c. FF . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 950 to 1,400 Pph (nominal)
d. NOZ position . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100 Percent
e. OIL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25 to 35 psi (nominal)
(15 psi minimum)
f. FLT HYD PRESS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3,000 Psi

Archived