Aerosoft Kilimanjaro HTKJ

f_tony

Hi everyone! I'm experiencing some problem with this great scenery. Infact, ai traffic disappeares after landing at HTKJ and even GSX can't allow me to park anyware becaus all the gates are designed as small. Is there an afcad or a gsx configuration file to solve this problems?
Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

You just need to amend the AFCAD. I use the excellent Airport Studio to amend AFCADs.

I also use FSX planner but I guess you need FSX for that? Don't know if it works with P3D? Google will find it for you.

Cant remember what the default AFCAD  file is called as I renamed mine.

I used Airport Design Editor to fix the parking sizes, problem solved, but then noticed this scenery is not correctly placed. The runway, taxiways, apron are all placed about 120mtr north of where it should be. The ARP is in the middle of the runway but in this scenery the runway is north of it, as with VOR KV, NDB's KO and KB with all the applicable RNAV intersections placed in line with the runway center line, but not in the scenery. Any possibility of a fix and an update to accommodate the changes after the airport's recent expansion and renovation? Major changes to parkings and a new taxiway to name a few.

that's strange - editing an AFCAD doesn't change any positions

are you shure you didn't edit the default AFCAD (no offence meant=

No, I noticed the incorrect placement in LittleNavMap before I edited the afcad file. In fact, the default FSX scenery for HTKJ is placed correctly, according to the charts. If you did "move" the Aerosoft scenery afcad to the put the runway, taxiways and parkings in the correct position, the scenery will still be off. The afcad items are not displayed in this scenery. Do a RNAV or even a VOR approach to Aerosoft's HTKJ airport rwy 09 and you will notice the runway center line is off to the left.

Does anyone know if there are any plans on updating this beautiful scenery? Correcting the placement of the scenery, adding the new taxiway, changes to the apron and parkings, etc.

Regarding the GSX issue: You don't need to adjust any AFCAD: Just change the stand size in the GSX airport configuration menu.

The reason why the AFCAD is the designed the way it is, is because you can not park several large aircraft next to each other, otherwise the wings could collide. However that's exactly what FSX/P3D would do if the AFCAD allowed for it. Using the GSX editor is the best solution here.

Regarding Johanns question, I am not aware of any update plans at the moment.
What exactly is wrong with the placing though? I am not aware of any such issue.

Taxiway and Apronchanges are known, but Aerosoft can just not constantly update any of their scenerys for all changes the real airports undergo.

Hallo Emanuel, your advice on using the GSX editor is the best, I agree.

Regarding the airport scenery placement, it's about 120mtr north if compared to real life airport position. It is observable looking at the scenery AFCAD, the ARP correctly positioned but the runway is north of it and also not in line with RNAV intersections IMPEK, KV and ITSIS, for example. The scenery VOR image is nicely, seemingly correctly placed at the end of rwy09, but the real VOR is south of it. If using software like LittleNavmap, you can clearly see the scenery airport is not positioned on the map's airport position but north of it.

It's understandable that Aerosoft cannot constantly update all  their scenery, but it's just a request for this nicely done scenery because it's incorrectly placed and there was some major changes done to the real life airport.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:18 PM, johannvr said:

The runway, taxiways, apron are all placed about 120mtr north of where it should be. The ARP is in the middle of the runway but in this scenery the runway is north of it

yes this is so:

Please login to display this image.

unfortunately without an initial .ad4 project, it is very difficult to move all objects to new coordinates...

Archived