DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES

gbr97

To whom it may concern,

I have both the Aerosoft A319 and A330 and everytime I am parked after a flight and setting for the next one, I get the Differential brakes applied and won't come off. I get this issue on both the A319 and A330, and on diverse forums I've state that this issue is also happening on the A320 as well. I have various payware aircraft installed on my sim (P3D V4.5) but none of them are having this issue. I saw on some of forums that you are blamming P3D for this issue and I did send mails to P3D. And it seems like the issue comes from your side. For the money paid for the product I am expecting a positive response from your side

• Aerosoft

Well here is a positive response!!!!

The brake trigger we use is the default one of the sim.  We do not read the brakes directly. So something in your system is feeding in this variables. The easiest way to check this is to first disable all controllers (on click in the sim) and see if that avoid the issue. If so you know it's one of the controllers that sends the signal. If that does not help, move the P3d.cfg to a different location. The sim will build a fresh one on startup with default assignments. If that solves the issue you know it is an assignment issue.

if none of that works there is another issue that we do not understand. It can't be a bug because a few tens of thousand people would experience it. So we would have to find what is special about your system.

13 hours ago, gbr97 said:

To whom it may concern,

I have both the Aerosoft A319 and A330 and everytime I am parked after a flight and setting for the next one, I get the Differential brakes applied and won't come off. I get this issue on both the A319 and A330, and on diverse forums I've state that this issue is also happening on the A320 as well. I have various payware aircraft installed on my sim (P3D V4.5) but none of them are having this issue. I saw on some of forums that you are blamming P3D for this issue and I did send mails to P3D. And it seems like the issue comes from your side. For the money paid for the product I am expecting a positive response from your side

What are you using for Toe Brakes?  Rudder Pedals, or the keyboard or joytick buttons?

Hi Dave,

I had the issue while using both rudder pedals, and joystick. I mean thought that the pedals were the issue and tried without it, but issue still persists. The thing is that out of 10 flights I experience it on  6. Which means that it's on and off. But everytime the aircraft is on ground for more that 45 - 60 mins, differential brakes applies.

6 minutes ago, gbr97 said:

Hi Dave,

I had the issue while using both rudder pedals, and joystick. I mean thought that the pedals were the issue and tried without it, but issue still persists. The thing is that out of 10 flights I experience it on  6. Which means that it's on and off. But everytime the aircraft is on ground for more that 45 - 60 mins, differential brakes applies.

Okay, we're working some thing were this is concerned.  We had this reported in Connected Flight Deck but those guys also reported that it was fine when flying alone, so I'm not sure what you're experiencing is the same issue.

The fact that you're experiencing this on two different aircraft (indications that the A330 differential brake system is very similar, but not quite the same as in the smaller buses) seems to point to a controller or calibration issue rather than an issue with the buses.

There are a few things I'm aware of that can cause this.  Before I get to this, please ensure you're setting your controllers via P3D and not FSUIPC as the latter is a different animal altogether.

1.  If you're using Saitek Rudder Pedals and you've calibrated them with Saitek software then you may need to visit the Logitech website obtain a utility to reset the controller calibration. 

In the Window Search Bar, please type in "USB Game Controller" and then open the application that comes up.  Select your Rudder Pedals, then select "Settings", then select "Reset to Default.  Then do the same thing again and this time instead of selecting Reset please select "Calbirate...".  When the calibration display comes up (see video below which you should start at time index 5 seconds), tap the Rudder (not brakes), and then use the Left followed by the Right Brake (do this at least twice).  If everything is working fine it will look like the video below.  After that, proceed to the Rudder Axis calibration (do this at least twice), and then click through the save (FINISH) the settings. 

If the rudder pedals are working well in all three axis then you'll see the same results as I show in the video, and if so proceed to #2 below.  If not, then you likely have a hardware issue.

Please login to view this video.

2. In P3D, please setup your Rudder and Brake Axis and select the "invert" radio button to the right of the Axis selection.  Then select the controller calibration screen and set the sliders for all three Axis to half way.  Then test, and if you have the issue than remove the invert selection. 

That should resolve things for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Archived