P3DV5 Gibraltar - scenery mix

chudobja

Hello,

I cannot solve the AS Gibraltar and (probably) default scenery mixing. Please look at the attached pictures.

Third-party addons installed: ORBX - everything except Vector (was not updated for V5) + Pilots FSG-FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE

I allready tried to deregister/register the scenery and verify the ORBX Base and EuropeLC files - no effect.

Could you help me please?

Thank you, Jan

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Aerosoft Devs!

first of all thanks for updating. But I can also see the issues from the OP. Exactly the same on my RIG. Is there something wrong?

Regards Marcus

• Developer

When you have ORBX installed, it is important to check there tools (have it not here, so can not say how it is implemented) to move the Orbx Entrys down in the list of the scenery order.

Via the default activation system of P3D all new installed Addons will be inserted to the end of the list of all addon.xml handled products.

As Orbx is use the addon.xml with there newest versions too, it will be without any configchanges for the layerorder above the scenery entries of airport addons, so that excludes of building generated by Orbx could not removed via the addon airport products.

When you check in the World -> Scenery Library the list of the greyed addons at the top and you see an entry of Orbx above the Gibraltar entry, it will be  the issue here. But there is no option in P3D the change the order here.

But as I remember, there is an Layer config option the orbx tools, to move them down in that list. My you can check the docu of Orbx here.

Thank you for recommendations.

I tried moving the sceneries up and down, but without effect. Do not know what to do next.

I had the same problem with MUHA from Mex Hight Flight and they finally made some exclude file that solved the problem (last week).  

Wouldn’t be possible to make something like that for AS scenery when there is so big issue with ORBX sceneries move within the scenery library (as you described)?

Thank you,

Jan

Hi

This is an issue as V5 scenery changed so the excludes that a lot of scenery developers put in will need moved above, will need patched to work correctly in v5.

Yes, you are right.

I have found this axplanation on ORBX forum:

"Below are some of the issues that we have noticed whilst in the beta process of P3Dv5:

[REGIONS + SOME AIRPORTS] Because all default airports have been made new and thus buildings, structures, and objects shifted around, it's likely that any third-party add-on that doesn't include an airport-wide object exclusion will now display duplicate or overlapping objects."

However, the AS Gibraltar is declared as V5 compatible, so I did not expect this issue.

• Developer

Try to replace the file you find in the attached Zip in the ..\Sim-wings Gibraltar Professional V5\Scenery folder.

Fix avialable via ASUpdater to Version 2.0.0.1

vor 1 hour , chudobja sagte:

However, the AS Gibraltar is declared as V5 compatible, so I did not expect this issue.

Where do you get this information from?

I can not find this information on the product page and I also do not see an P3Dv5 installer?

Would be happy if it is compatible.

Edit:

Ah, I just saw that it was available for download yesterday but withdrawn due to a possible bug.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived