Gibraltar Update V5

F/OJoe

Hallo,

ich habe eben das Update auf v5 versucht zu installieren. Leider bricht die Installation ohne eine Bemerkung nach dem ersten Fenster zur Sprachauswahl ab.

Gruß

Joachim

Ich bekomme auch einen Runtime Error obwohl mit Admin Rechten ausgeführt.

Windows 10 Home Build 1909

Meldung:

"Runtime Error (at 27:1217). External exception E06D7363."

Ist der Installer defekt?

Viele Grüße

Marcus

hello

I get exactly the same runtime error as Marcus and yes am running the installer with admin rights. It is corrupt as it is a black window when the installer starts

Hi ! 

I just installed that scenery for P3D v5, but when I'm trying to launch the "LXGBconfigV5" file, the attached error message is displayed. P3D is not launched and was not launched since the last restart of my computer.

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Is the V4 running? When this message pops up, then in the Tasklist of your PC a Prepar3D.exe application is running, otherwise this could not happen. As all P3D Version have the same name, it could be V5,  V4 ....

Or it is just any other application called "Prepar3D.EXE".

The v4 is not running. Tried to restart again my laptop and the same issue comes. Nothing related to P3D in the Tasklist.

And two-in-one, when installing the scenery, a folder is created in my P3D root with Effects, Sccenery, Sound & Texture inside, and the scenery library in P3D is not updated. Therefore I assume I should do a manual installation even if the manual says that the installation program will add automatically the scenery into P3D ?

Thanks for help !

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Sorry, but never heard about this, never seen it and I have no idea why it happens on your PC. It is a simple call:

GetObject("winmgmts:").ExecQuery("SELECT Name FROM Win32_Process WHERE Name='"PREPAR3D.EXE").Count>0

Only when there is minimum one Process with the Name Prepar3D.exe the Message pops up.

Thanks for help OPabst, I'll try to search deeper why could that happen (your code refers to Win32, but if I'm on Win64, doesn't it matter ?).

For my second query, I just had to add manually the whole "Sim-wings" folder to my scenery library, and it seems to be working (but the installer program doesn't do that by itself) !

• Developer
3 minutes ago, VicKoh51 said:

Thanks for help OPabst, I'll try to search deeper why could that happen (your code refers to Win32, but if I'm on Win64, doesn't it matter ?).

No, and it could only result in not to see the 64Bit P3D, but not to see a 64--bit Application when only for 32 bit is search. So simply there is a process with the name running.

3 minutes ago, VicKoh51 said:

For my second query, I just had to add manually the whole "Sim-wings" folder to my scenery library, and it seems to be working (but the installer program doesn't do that by itself) !

That is no good Idea, as the product is not designed to be used in scenery Library, it use the new addon registation process and not all components will work by simple add it to the library.

2 minutes ago, OPabst said:

That is no good Idea, as the product is not designed to be used in scenery Library, it use the new addon registation process and not all components will work by simple add it to the library.

Strange then because when installing the scenery I got the same message as above (P3D.exe is running). That's why maybe the scenery is not automatically installed in P3D and I had to install it manually.

I will perform a tasklist cleaning and I will revert in case of news...

Indeed there is a few "Prepar3d.exe" suspended process that are shown in the Process Explorer/Monitor tool but not in the basic windows task manager list. I tried to kill them but the access remains denied, even with administrator rights.

I'm trying to find a solution to kill them, but obviously it is no longer a Gibraltar Scenery related issue. If I succeed I will edit my post in order to help other who could get the same issue.

• Developer

One check you can do: Rename all Prepar3D.exe to Prepar3D.off you have on the disk (not only the V5, maybe you have older once too) and reboot your PC. Then check the list again. If another program will start the Prepar3D.exe it should then not be able to do it.

Maybe there is another tool running, which calls the P3D.exe for any reason and don‘t give it free. Normally that should result in the same problem, when you try to start P3D, as it also check if there is one other P3D process running.

In the Taskmanager I often see a task not in the main list, but as a subordinate Task below one other task, because it is called from it.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

One check you can do: Rename all Prepar3D.exe to Prepar3D.off you have on the disk (not only the V5, maybe you have older once too) and reboot your PC. Then check the list again. If another program will start the Prepar3D.exe it should then not be able to do it.

Maybe there is another tool running, which calls the P3D.exe for any reason and don‘t give it free. Normally that should result in the same problem, when you try to start P3D, as it also check if there is one other P3D process running.

In the Taskmanager I often see a task not in the main list, but as a subordinate Task below one other task, because it is called from it.

That way it worked ! Not sure yet why did I get some unkillable prepar3d.exe process at that time, never happened so far. Thanks for help 

Archived