Pre-takeoff stearing is good, after landing stearing fails....

Richard Cole

Dont really know how to explain this one, and everyone in my flightsim community says its a new one to them too. Here is the issue....

When taxiing to the runway for departure, everything is fine with the nosewheel stearing in the Airbus. I can depart, fly the route and land. As soon as i land and slow the aircraft the nosewheel stearing suddenly goes away and i cant turn the aircraft off the runway. Creates an issue when flying online. I disconnect from vatsim and then i tried to go into the controls and recalibrate the controller, it then crashes my sim. This has happened for an A320 flight and 2 A319 flights now. Im using FSX (yeah im still old school) and a registered copy of FSUIPC. Any ideas on why my nosewheel stearing goes away once i land? 

And before you say it, no it wasnt a hard landing, all 3 landings were -105 to -107 fpm.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have some questions. Did you try to disable your registered copy of FSUIPC? Does your joystick have an axis assigned to rudder/stearing? In case yes, did you try to stear by hitting keyboard key?

I havent tried disabling the FSUIPC. Ive never had to assign rudder axis to my joystick, it was always combined with ailerons in FS9 and FSX. So basically turning the plane was done the same way both on the ground and in the air. The problem with this is, when I set up a flight, everything works fine on the ground, I taxi to the runway, depart and fly, but.......as soon as i land, the setting for enabling/disabling autorudder resets itself as soon as the plane touches down. Its the CTRL/SHIFT/U i think it is. and i cant reset it unless i exit flightsim and restart. Its just a PIA to have to disconnect from vatsim on the runway just because im unable to taxi after landing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, Richard Cole said:

I havent tried disabling the FSUIPC. Ive never had to assign rudder axis to my joystick, it was always combined with ailerons in FS9 and FSX. So basically turning the plane was done the same way both on the ground and in the air. The problem with this is, when I set up a flight, everything works fine on the ground, I taxi to the runway, depart and fly, but.......as soon as i land, the setting for enabling/disabling autorudder resets itself as soon as the plane touches down. Its the CTRL/SHIFT/U i think it is. and i cant reset it unless i exit flightsim and restart. Its just a PIA to have to disconnect from vatsim on the runway just because im unable to taxi after landing.

Richard, did you ever find a fix for this?  We have another person who is having the same issue.

Archived