IDS MYNN v1.01 problem.

pwafer

Hi all,

The files set for this are dated May 31, 2016 11:00. It appears that the FSX default terminal buildings are showing through and I'm getting some ground texture flashing.  I noticed the FSX default grey terminal buildings first, and it kinda ruins the effect of the addon. Not to mention that parked aircraft are ploughed through the default. UGH!

I tried searching for this problem in the forum, but haven't found anything relevant. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, check for duplicate afcad files.

Can anybody shed any light on this.

Regards,

Philip

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For sure a problem of the order in the scenery library. Please post a screenshot of your scenery library, so that we can see, where MYNN sits.

28 minutes ago, mopperle said:

For sure a problem of the order in the scenery library. Please post a screenshot of your scenery library, so that we can see, where MYNN sits.

Hi Otto,

Pic of top of scenery list.....

Regards,

Philip

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I do not use FSX anymore since several years, not sure abou the correct order in this case. Maybe another scenery interferes here. You can seach for any bgl file out side the MYNN installation folder with MYNN in its name: *mynn*.bgl

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

As I do not use FSX anymore since several years, not sure abou the correct order in this case. Maybe another scenery interferes here. You can seach for any bgl file out side the MYNN installation folder with MYNN in its name: *mynn*.bgl

ABP_MYNN.BGL and APT_MYNN.BGL in the ORBX folders.

APT_MYNN.BGL looks like an AFCAD file as I was able to load it into ADEX.

But .................ORBX is way down my SCENERY.CFG list.(???)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm not sure that the tool you are using is 100% correctly displaying the layers. Did you set the library insertion point in FTXCentral so that all Orbx is below any other 3rd party software?

Also you can rename the 2 files above to  .off to see if this helps.

5 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I'm not sure that the tool you are using is 100% correctly displaying the layers. Did you set the library insertion point in FTXCentral so that all Orbx is below any other 3rd party software?

Also you can rename the 2 files above to  .off to see if this helps.

Hi Otto,

Well...when looking at the scenery within FSX it shows the same. I don't actually use "that tool"  to change the order, I just use it to VIEW.

I did the ORBx library insertion thing way back, and also ran the ORBX Airport Elevation Correction tool after installing IDS Nassau. I checked again and noticed that MYNN is not listed in EITHER column of the AEC tool.

I'll try changing the APT_MYNN.BGL file  to APT_MYNN.BGL.OFF  to see if that has any effect, and then report back.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, pwafer said:

'll try changing the APT_MYNN.BGL file  to APT_MYNN.BGL.OFF  to see if that has any effect, and then report back.

Rename both files you mentioned.

Hi Otto,

Turning OFF the ORBX file "APT_MYNN.BGL" gets rid of the default terminal, but there's still some odd transparent texture squares around the airport terminal building.  I turned OFF the other ORBX ABP files with no change in this affect.  I then thought that they may be "light spashes" , so went to the IDS NASSAU scenery configurator  and turned off 3D lights - no change. See attached pic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I do not use FSX anymore, I cant help here. So either you wait till somebody else jumps in or you contact support at support@aerosoft.com.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

As I do not use FSX anymore, I cant help here. So either you wait till somebody else jumps in or you contact support at support@aerosoft.com.

Hi Otto,

That's fair enough. I do, very much, appreciate your input.

I don't understand how switching OFF the ORBX files got rid of the buildings as the IDS Nassau has higher priority in the SCENERY.CFG. One of lifes' mysteries!! 

Within the ORBX folders is one called OLC_NA_LIGHTS which contains a file called "!Nassau_LM.BGL".

I think I'll go play with that first! Of course, it just might switch off the lights for the whole island!

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, pwafer said:

I don't understand how switching OFF the ORBX files got rid of the buildings as the IDS Nassau has higher priority in the SCENERY.CFG. One of lifes' mysteries!! 

Unfortunately ORBX does not stick to certain rules and therefore very often causes compatibilty problems. That's why the scenery order is very important and additionally often certain orbx files need to be deactivated. But when renaming them, chances are very good that with the next orbx update they come alive again.

Archived