P3Dv5 Updates Canary Islands - Thank you!

MartinM

Guys

Thank you very much for the very fast service of updating the sceneries so quick to v5 - much appreciated that my home GCTS was even in the first round 🙂

Outstanding job!

• Developer

Thanks for the feedback.

This Sim-wings Professional Airports are now online too:

• Barcelona
  • Malaga
  • Madrid
  • Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Memorca and Ibiza)
  • London Hearthow

The other Sim-wings Professional Airports will follow soon the next days, as

• Gibraltar
  • Anchorage
  • Fairbanks

Seems that Simmarket is again on the slower end, I just received a mail about Barcelona being updated, not the other two... Anyway, thanks for such a fast update. What I always wonder: would it not be possible to have a little more info? Like a change log? I know most of the users might not care, but to me it is always interesting to see what actually changed. The reason I ask: I simply added the whole Aerosoft folder to the discovery path list of P3Dv5 and at least Zurich works like a charm in v5, without doing anything to make it work. Even GSX Level 2 and the modified AFCAD works directly, however I read something about that the AFCAD should be recompiled using the v5 SDK... Many questions I wonder about, but when the changelog for an v5 update is just "now compatible for v5", this is rather limited ;-)

And then the most important question almost forgotten: does a parallel installation work (v4.5 and v5)?

• Developer
19 minutes ago, Querer said:

Seems that Simmarket is again on the slower end, I just received a mail about Barcelona being updated, not the other two... Anyway, thanks for such a fast update. What I always wonder: would it not be possible to have a little more info? Like a change log? I know most of the users might not care, but to me it is always interesting to see what actually changed. The reason I ask: I simply added the whole Aerosoft folder to the discovery path list of P3Dv5 and at least Zurich works like a charm in v5, without doing anything to make it work. Even GSX Level 2 and the modified AFCAD works directly, however I read something about that the AFCAD should be recompiled using the v5 SDK... Many questions I wonder about, but when the changelog for an v5 update is just "now compatible for v5", this is rather limited 😉

And then the most important question almost forgotten: does a parallel installation work (v4.5 and v5)?

The most part of a scenery are compatible between V4.5 and V5 and we recompile only parts where changes are needed, like in Afcad. As there are now Altitude values give vor any Taxipoints, the afcads may work for both, but in V5 the change will make ALT Dummy files oblulate in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

And for the Sim-wings Sceneries we change the PAPI's to newer Code using the nativ SDK features to animate the lights.  And some adjustments are needed for dynamic lights. The rest is mostly the same as in V4.5 for the moment.

The V5 Scenery codes are only usable in V5, for the V4.5 you have the old P3DV4 Installers which should be installed in different folder for your V4.5 Addons as long as you have P3D V4.5 still in use. To use the same scenery files for both P3D Versions is not possible, therefore the differences are to big in parts.

And future updates for the V5 Scenery will also only addressed for this Sim Version. To mix them makes no sense.

Simmarket has now Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga too in there P3D V5 list.

Stupid question: do we still need the SODE files from the SimWings homepage if we want to have SODE jetways in v5? Because they are not listed seperately on the SimWings homepage...

Just a small note: all three SimWings addons work like a charm in Prepar3D v5. Only small bug: Madrid is not automatically added to the sim, I had to manually add the entry pointing to the add-on.xml in the add-ons.cfg under ProgramData. Malaga and Barcelona installed easily and the entry was added by the installer.

• Developer

There is no need to add it manually, even when the Installer has still the problem, that he arts the config tool without a parameter, so that the tool add the scenery to the sim, without a question popup.

When the LEMDConfigV5.exe is started, it check if the addon is registered, if not you get a popup asking to do that, just press YES, then it do it for you.

Well, I do actually not care, I got it installed and working. I thought maybe it is helpful to know that it did exactly NOT as you describe, but if you insist that it does it like that, feel free, maybe you change your mind if more reports come that LEMD is not registering itself in the sim, also not when you open the configurator...

• Developer
2 hours ago, Querer said:

Well, I do actually not care, I got it installed and working. I thought maybe it is helpful to know that it did exactly NOT as you describe, but if you insist that it does it like that, feel free, maybe you change your mind if more reports come that LEMD is not registering itself in the sim, also not when you open the configurator...

I have download the Madrid Installer now and run it without any issue. Scenery is installed and after answer the question about the offline charts the Tool is starting with activate the scenery automatically as designed. No issue here.

Ok, then this might have been something exclusively on my end. Strange enough, but if it is not in the installer, fine. Looking forward to the next v5 updates nevertheless. BTW: I simply registered my current LSZH installation to v5 and this airport works just perfect, I do not see any issue. Even my GSX Level 2 modifications and the modified AFCAD were accepted without any problems. Runs as perfect as it does in v4.5. Unless I missed something ;-)

Just a side note (again): also after the installation of the updated EGLL, the scenery was not added to the sim in my case. This time I took extra care and checked every single step: it installs correctly, then after the installation is finished, the configurator is executed automatically, a popup window appears asking me if I want to register the scenery to the sim, I click on OK, the configurator shows, I make my selections (e.g. disabling traffic outside the airport) and then I click on "save & exit". I fire up the sim and the scenery is not registered. I did not check if manually clicking on the clickspot "register scenery" inside the configurator would do the trick, but the "automatic" way does simply not work, sorry to say. Not a big deal, but either on my setup or somewhere else is an error.

Archived