LIRN no dynamic lights

ca210270

Hi, as time goes by, I find more and more (small) issues with Naples LIRN scenery... Now I have found out that, when you start from another airport and arrive at LIRN, no dynamic lights at the aprons. This is a well known issue, an fx controller is missing. Please, these kind of issues (also the one of the runway centerlines absurdely too large) should be easy to fix and need immediate patches, it's not acceptable to have the answer "it will be done in a next update", not knowing if there ever will be any... Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I don't have this CTRL file in my installation.

I created now this files:

fx_MKapronlight.fx

fx_MKapronlight_E.fx

Found another light without CTRL and I created this files:

MKpolelirn.fx
MKpolelirn_E.fx

Please give them a try and report back. Backup original!

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately they don't work, still no lights when arriving from another airport. By the way, is the file fx_MKapronlight-E (dash) or _E (underscore)? Attached is also the file fx_MKapronlight_CTRL.fx that I have in my Effects folder.

Thank you. 

Please login to display this image.

fx_MKapronlight_CTRL.fx

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm...
The files have _ (underscore).
Have you tried with all 4 fiels?
I have to check later what other files might be involved. It should work in theorie. Have to test myself.

Thank you. From my tests I understood that the file involved in the dynamic lights (that illuminate the parked airplanes) is only fx_MKapronlight.fx, that is associated with the 05LAMPIONI.bgl file, but I can't understand why, considering that I have a controller file, it does not work when arriving from another airport.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, maybe:

LIRN installs in main effect folder the fx_mkapronlight.fx

If you own another newer MKS addon like Dublin, they install the same effect next to these addons and load it via addon-xml. There the ctrl is also missing. That overrides the main effect folder.

So if you insert there also the files it should work.

Just an idea.

Ok, I tried like you said, removing the scenery from the scenery.cfg and considering it as an addon, with the related Effects folder along with Scenery and Texture. I added it to the add-ons.cfg file and created the add-on.xml file. I thought it would work, but the result unfortunately is the same, dynamic lights only when I start from Naples 😞  unless I have done something wrong, but all the rest works normally.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, ca210270 said:

Attached is also the file fx_MKapronlight_CTRL.fx that I have in my Effects folder.
fx_MKapronlight_CTRL.fx 306 B · 2 downloads

Just one question, where did you get that file from?

1 hour ago, ca210270 said:

Thank you. From my tests I understood that the file involved in the dynamic lights (that illuminate the parked airplanes) is only fx_MKapronlight.fx, that is associated with the 05LAMPIONI.bgl file, but I can't understand why, considering that I have a controller file, it does not work when arriving from another airport.

So to the bgl the fx_mkapronlight.fx is linked?

Then the CTRL can’t work. The bgl has to call the CTRL. The CTRL will call then the effect itself.

For that reason my uploaded files from before are modified as that:

- fx_mkapronlight.fx is the ctrl

- fx_mkapronlight_E.fx is the effect itself called by the ctrl.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, ca210270 said:

Ok, I tried like you said, removing the scenery from the scenery.cfg and considering it as an addon, with the related Effects folder along with Scenery and Texture. I added it to the add-ons.cfg file and created the add-on.xml file. I thought it would work, but the result unfortunately is the same, dynamic lights only when I start from Naples 😞  unless I have done something wrong, but all the rest works normally.

There’s no need to change how LIRN is installed.

Just check where fx_mkapronlight.fx is installed (maybe several folders) and replace by my two uploaded files.

Then it should work.

As said I will test myself at some point.

The effect linked to dynamic apron light in 05LAMPIONI.bgl is fx_MKapronlights.fx. From what I know, the effect file tied to the bgl file should be the controller, not the effect itself. I opened 05LAMPIONI.bgl with Model Converter X and indeed found that the attached effect is fx_MKapronlight.fx, so I changed it with fx_MKapronlight_CTRL.fx, but no change, the dynamic light is off when arriving. I give up for the moment, waiting for your tests. Thank you!

Archived