is he still alive? MFS2020

Is this software still relevant, I hesitate?
At the update level, I see that it dates from 2019... what about the arrival of MFS20? I would like to know before buying a license... Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

PFPX is for aircraft specific detailed flight planning, and you won't find that in any flight simulator software.  Since it's flight planning, it can be used regardless of the flight sim software (therefore relevant).  PFPX only outputs files for aircraft, so it's not the flight sim software that matters but the file format for a third party addon aircraft.  Of course I can't fortell the future, but it's my belief that our aircraft flight plan file format will not change from P3D to MSFS.  They didn't change from FSX to P3D.

I hope that answers your questions.

Best wishes.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:46 AM, Aikadil said:

Is this software still relevant, I hesitate?
At the update level, I see that it dates from 2019... what about the arrival of MFS20? I would like to know before buying a license... Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Hello Aikadil,

I humbly believe that this software is still (very much) relevant. I have been using it since version 1.00 and update to 2.00 took a lot of time. As Dave stated, it is a flight planning product, stand alone one. I still believe that it is the best flight planning software out there. It is very complex and it is challenging. But it is also very rewarding to plan a flight plan (proper one to say). For one, I like that the fact that you can have various cruise speed settings (e.g. from CI, to fixed Max, to ECON / LRC; I know several airlines actually have such "fluid" cruise speed in a single flight).

Try to update RADs with each navdata updates and you have very relevant product. It has many features and details that may be not very clear at the beginning, but are used by dispatchers.

I am certain that once MSFS 2020 is released, PFPX will be updated (if necessary) to support its files. For 90% of my flights, I use Aerowinx PSX (B744 simulator), and developers were able to add its flight plan files (early on).

Cheers,

Andrej

Yep - I mean it is a flight planning program.  It is excellent at that.  It doesn't really need new features regularly to stay relevant.

I would like a couple of bugs fixed - such as the altitude bug which has been around various forms since 1.29, and is starting to get a little annoying!

Archived