Heathrow 2008 Install Problem

micker

I am unable to reinstall this product as I get an error message that a previous version already installed . I am nearly certain I removed this with the control panel option in Windows Vista . How can I install this again any help appreciated

I got the same problem with a Relic game. I just deleted the file, and when I tried to install it again I had the same error message. I was asked to clean up the windows registry of their files, but it didn't work after that either. So I have been unable to install it again, the game was "Company of Heroes" by the way. I hope you don't face the same destiny.

Thanks for your quick reply I have checked the Aerosoft Folder in FS9 a few times also I ran a program to clean up the registery and I have nothing listed in the Programs and Features for Heathrow. I have uninstalled the other five Aerosoft Scenery items useing the remove feature in the Control Panel and then reinstalled them with no problems

Thanks again for your help I have tried the above with no success I have opened up all the setup files in the above folder but none refer to Heathrow 2008. I have also run the diskclean program in the control panel to delete any unwanted items hopeing that this would solve the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Micker,

Please try the following,

Open the following folder.

C:Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information, make a temp folder in there and move all the folders into the temp folder then try re-installing.

If it then re-installs fine move all the folders back out from the temp folder back to the original location.

• Root Admin

Hi,

please try to check this..

1. Start the regedit.exe (START > RUN and insert "regedit")

2. Go to the folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Aerosoft

3. Delete the folder "London Heathrow 2008"

4. Start the installer again.

Thanks again I have done the regedit as you said but nothing in the list of items has anything that refers too Aersoft. The list shows the following items : classes:clients:microsoft nvidia etc .

Hello micker,

I am at a loss as to why after all these suggestions it still wont install as it thinks its still installed.

I'll ask our techs for more suggestions if they have any.

I know this may not work but could you see if it will install in Safe Mode.

Thanks for all your help I will try again at the weekend I am trying to avoid doing a hard drive format but maybe it might be worth it to get the program working I have started to save and back up some programs etc