Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

pepo340300

A330 autobrakes landing problem

Good morning, after carrying out several landings, I've noticed that sometimes, when touching down the runway, autobrakes won't work even if the switch is ON...sometimes it works and the a/c brakes normally but there are others that the plane won't brake. Do you know why this is happening?

are you using brake pedals in your rig? If so make sure the axis null zone you have set for the brakes is big enough. The brake may be activating by itself and killing the autobrake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:46 PM, Viperlead said:

are you using brake pedals in your rig? If so make sure the axis null zone you have set for the brakes is big enough. The brake may be activating by itself and killing the autobrake.

No im not using brake pedals. 

We have another report like this and it is being looked into.

We're seeing that the AutoBrakes will work on the Low setting... so it's a work around for now.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:06 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

We're seeing that the AutoBrakes will work on the Low setting... so it's a work around for now.

Will autobrake medium be ready on the upcoming update?

1 minute ago, chinjh said:

That's what we're hoping for.

10 minutes ago, chinjh said:

Speaking of medium, let's ask for max as well :D 

4 hours ago, becas said:

Speaking of medium, let's ask for max as well :D 

hehehehe!

Yeah, yeah, of course.  ;)

Just did 2 flights yesterday. Noticed on my first flight Autobrake Lo was not working. With wet runway with no autobrakes, braking action was not effective had to apply Manual braking and use full reverse thrust. Contrary to my previous flight where Autobrake Med was working efficiently. Is there a rough idea on whats causing this?

Autobrake 1.jpg

autobrake 2.jpg

We have seen some reports on this but are unable to recreate it.  If anybody sees it, let us know what airport it is at. We have the idea it could be related to the 'on ground' trigger of the sim.

I have seen it yesterday at taxi2gate EDDM with P3D V4.5 HF3 and A330 1.0.2.0, break was set to medium, dry runway - will try to reproduce...

Best regards,

Tom

Hi guys!

I experienced the same thing. I just noticed this problem 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday i flew RPLL(manila)-VHHH-RPLL. When I touched down to VHHH, autobrake (LOW) was working normally. I disengaged the autobrake at 90kts knowing that i have tons of rwy left and I was able to vacate the first rapid exit taxiway. In manila on the other hand, I have set the autobrake to LOW again and when I touched down, I saw that autobrake was engaged but it wasn't really slowing down the aircraft. So I had to brake manually. I think the only fix to this problem is to restart my sim every after flight. I hope my problem is the same with the others.

Francis

I think I can recreate this issue when performing a turnaround. On the first flight autobrake seems to be working fine but on the second flight unless you do a full sim restart the autobrake doesn't seem to work anymore.

I will add this to our bug tracker. Thanks for the reports! 

I have the same problem. On the first flight, the autobrake worked. The second flight, it didn't. I didn't reboot the computer. 

Fabian