P3D v5 and DirectX11

dennis1988

Maybe my following question was already answered, in this case please apologize and Point me to correct topic!

I read in the forums that the new Version 5 of P3D shall give a performance boost using DirectX12. But in my case my mainboard seems to support DirectX11 only as per spec.

Has anyone made some experiences if he got also a performance boost with DirectX11 and P3D v5? 

Regards

Dennis

• Deputy Sheriffs

P3Dv5 requires a DirectX12 compliant graphics card. See the system requirements here. Whether it's your motherboard or the graphics card that's keeping you from installing DirectX12, v5 appears to be a no-go for you with only DirectX11. You could try running DxDiag.exe to verify you only have DX11. If you don't know how, hit Windowskey + R, then enter "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the search box, then Enter.

By the way, specific questions like yours about P3D are best directed to the dedicated LM support site. This forum is for support of Aerosoft products, not the sim itself, although we do try to answer the easy ones like this.

Just performed the check as you mentioned and my system turns out to be supporting DirectX12 as well. 

Perfect! Thank you very much for the kind and quick response!

• Deputy Sheriffs

You're quite welcome. Glad to see your system will work with v5.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived