CounterMeasures

Hemme88

All I have been able to do is dispense chaff and flares simultaneously by mapping the "Floats Retract" to a hotas button- which I believ is DLC Toggle.  I have to hit the button again to make chaff/flare dispense stop.  Is there a way to map chaff to dispense "individually" by a button and the same with flare on another separate button?  I have FSUIPC.  Also, the usual Tacpack "C" and "F" keys for this purpose do not seem to work on the F14.  Argh...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated....

Looking back in the threads, I remember this, but not sure if it ever got implemented:

The behavior is correct. The chaf/flare are deployed when either 1) you have pressed the SALVO FLARE switch or 2) the red ECM light comes on. This is described on page 8 of the Weapons manual (Vol 6). So when the missile is launched from the SAM, this immediately raises the threat level (signaled by the flashing ECM light) and the chaf/flare is automatically deployed at around 6 per second. With 60 flares on board it would take about 10 seconds for all to be released. You can test that the countermeasures can be released manually but pressing SALVO FLARE at any time as long as there some on board.

This automatic release was a design decision with the intention to relieve pilot from the task of manually switching to the RIO pit and pressing the switch. This could take valuable seconds, which added to the reaction time (the time to actually realize that a missile was launched), could be fatal.

We can fix this behavior by simply disabling the auto release. Let us know if you want us to fix this in the next patch?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah how unfortunate.  At least in DCS you can copy and paste the RIO .Lua (insert,delete) CMS commands for chaff and flare over to the Pilot .Lua.  Problem solved....  Then again, its DCS......

Archived