Wind Request Issue A320 Pro

I use Active Sky and am unable to get the wind request data to populate in the FMC.  I have poked around at different threads and am unable to find the solution.  Majority of them say "it has been solved" but no solution was given in the thread.  I use activesky, MCDU 3 is set to in sim weather.  My PMDG airfracft have no problem pulling up the data when weather is requested.  I do have this file "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\activeflightplanwx.txt" as stated in the step by step guide but it is as if it isn't reading it.  When i click on that file the active flight plan is there.  Wind Request in the a 320 brings up empty values for Tru Wind/Alt.  Any help would be great.

You have to use a FSX/P3D flightplan in Activesky which matches the Airbus Flightplan, or create a PMDG flightplan and place it in a PMDG/WX folder in the main P3D folder.  I'm pretty sure we included this in our documentation, but I haven't specifically checked for it.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I attached a screenshot of the documentation I was reading. Perhaps I am in the wrongs spot on getting it setup. I tried loading a P3D flight plan and still no data populated on the FMX when Wind Request was pushed.  

So are you saying that loading a flightplan in the active sky control panel and selecting the  "direct to" feature will not work? 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This means that you also have the same flight plan you use for the Airbus (but in a different format) already loaded in ActiveSky? Then it works without any problem at laeast on my system. Some queations in this connection: 

• Which tool do you use to create the flight plan?
  • Did you export the flightplan in two different formats (Aerosoft Airbus resp. FSX/P3D) to which folders?
  • Did you load the flight plan in the FSX / P3D format into Active Sky?

Regards,

Rolf

Archived