Our busses in P3D V5, collection topic

I'm sorry to ask this so please forgive me as I don't use this forum that often.  

How will we be notified when the A318/A319/A320/A321 series will be ready for P3D V5?

Much appreciated, and again, sorry to ask here.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Just to let you know, Stefan just delivered the files for P3d V5. We still need some serious testing, installer building and testing those, but progress is good and it looks damned pretty.  We do need a release candidate of TrueGlass but we believe that is also close. 

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just to let you know, Stefan just delivered the files for P3d V5. We still need some serious testing, installer building and testing those, but progress is good and it looks damned pretty.  We do need a release candidate of TrueGlass but we believe that is also close. 

Any chance of an Open Beta or beta through the updater at all? ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, Airmax said:

The 1.3.1.0 Installer is pointing to my v5 folder?!? Oo

The installer just remembers to what folder your previous Aerosoft setup went to. So this is no hint on P3Dv5 compatibility of the 1.3.1.0 version.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:18 AM, cwburnett said:

Thanks for starting this thread. I put the A330 Pro in v5 by simply adding the v4 addon entry to my v5 addons.cfg (and changing the package number)

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft A330 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Is there a way of installing the A330 into P3Dv5 as a new installation?  My P3dv4.5 install is borked so I can't install it in that first and use your method.

When I try it gets most of the way through installation, then terminates with:

"Feature transfer error

Feature:  P3DV4
Component:  P3DV4_Root
File:  <P3DPATH>/
Error:  The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Could a solution be as simple as setting an environment variable?

Ta!

Malcolm Street
Canberra

ContentErrors.txt 24.88 kB · 16 downloads

4 hours ago, chinjh said:
The Flood light Lighting in p3dv5 is buggy if you actually read the previous posts in this thread.

Ok thank you for the answer it remains more than to wait for an update

Hello all,

I'm flying the busses in P3Dv5. After installing 1.3.1 the ND is very small like the the attached picture. Any idea?

Thank you

Please login to display this image.

I am having similar problems, on the ND the arc seems too big for the display.  Also,  MCDU II (where all sim settings are) seems to mirror MCDU I.  When I bring up the popup for MCDU II al I get is a black screen in the MCDU window. 

I am using v5 and understand that the 'bus is not supported.  I copied the contents of Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons to Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons mot just the add-on.xml files

In v4.5.13.32097 the ND appears wnl but MCDU II when popped out is still black (screen shot attached - with both MCDU's displayed.

3 hours ago, KConlon said:

I am having similar problems, on the ND the arc seems too big for the display.  Also,  MCDU II (where all sim settings are) seems to mirror MCDU I.  When I bring up the popup for MCDU II al I get is a black screen in the MCDU window. 

I am using v5 and understand that the 'bus is not supported.  I copied the contents of Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons to Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons mot just the add-on.xml files

In v4.5.13.32097 the ND appears wnl but MCDU II when popped out is still black (screen shot attached - with both MCDU's displayed.

Thanks for reaching our Kevin!

We are hoping to have a new installer for P3Dv4.5HF3 out next week, and we are still working on updating the Airbus Pro line for P3Dv5.  Until we release updated installers, there really isn't any need to report issues as the code will certainly change from the current customer version (in fact, it already has!).

Again, nice to hear from you.  Best wishes my friend.

• Aerosoft

Status update...

The A330 is running fine and work on the smaller busses should progress fast. What's preventing a release is that the TrueGlass module is not yet released and we do not want to use the current beta version. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Status update...

The A330 is running fine and work on the smaller busses should progress fast. What's preventing a release is that the TrueGlass module is not yet released and we do not want to use the current beta version. 

If I'm honest with you. As of now I'd gladly go without rain effect for a while if meant having a plane working properly in V5. 

i don't know what the rush is, let these developers get it right the first time, lord everything still works fine in p3d v4 until then.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:23 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for reaching our Kevin!

We are hoping to have a new installer for P3Dv4.5HF3 out next week, and we are still working on updating the Airbus Pro line for P3Dv5.  Until we release updated installers, there really isn't any need to report issues as the code will certainly change from the current customer version (in fact, it already has!).

Again, nice to hear from you.  Best wishes my friend.

I was having some issues with A2A's 172 - where the font's were not displaying properly on some of the gauges.  I guess it is a know issues in v5. You should be able to resolve the issue by manually editing the Prepar3D.cfg as described in the post I linked above. (i.e find the line "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0" which is the "[GRAPHICS]" section and change it to ""COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1")

The Prepar3D.cfg can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Credit to the OP on the A2A forums https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=70238#p534103

Dave, thanks for your response.  I am looking forward the v5 version of the Bus.  Keep up all the great work!

Kevin

5 hours ago, KConlon said:

I was having some issues with A2A's 172 - where the font's were not displaying properly on some of the gauges.  I guess it is a know issues in v5. You should be able to resolve the issue by manually editing the Prepar3D.cfg as described in the post I linked above. (i.e find the line "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0" which is the "[GRAPHICS]" section and change it to ""COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1")

The Prepar3D.cfg can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Credit to the OP on the A2A forums https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=70238#p534103

Dave, thanks for your response.  I am looking forward the v5 version of the Bus.  Keep up all the great work!

Kevin

Thanks for the information Kevin, I'll pass it on.

Always a pleasure!

• Aerosoft

We are having a beta installer for our testers this friday. If that does not show serious issue we can release.
But there are still weird things. For example the winglights crash the sim, we have reported that to Lockheed and it will not delay a release.

Archived