Our busses in P3D V5, collection topic

• Aerosoft

As many people have seen our busses are to a high degree compatible with P3D V5, but there are things we are changing because the sim is subtly different in some aspects. For sure we will recompile them with the latest compilers to make use of the better fps. It could be the update will be in stages, first fixing things that do not work and then sorting out less important issues.

Until that time, please understand the product is NOT sold as P3d V5 compatible, officially we do NOT support it. What we do like is if you would share your experiences in this topic. Make 101% sure it is an issue with the new sim however and not something related to something else.

What is sure however, if you own the current version this will be a free update. It would not be correct to ask an update fee for this limited work.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting this thread. I put the A330 Pro in v5 by simply adding the v4 addon entry to my v5 addons.cfg (and changing the package number)

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft A330 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

First, as you have stated, the aircraft generally works, with a few glitches on my end that I'll document here per your request. Note that also per your post, these problems do not exist in v4.5HF2.

Visually, there are a handful of problems - I've attached images for all of these:

1) Cockpit lighting is overexposed, by turning off the overhead light (dome) from the overhead panel and turning off the floods on the pedestal, the cockpit then appears normal in daytime.

2) The ND is showing only a portion of the display - looks like a display scaling issue.  The left ND shows roughly the upper left corner of the full display and the right ND shows roughly the upper right corner of the full display.

3) All cockpit displays have blurry text, including the PDF, ND, upper and lower ECAM screens and the three MCDUs. (looks like an antialiasing problem on the displays)

Functionally, I came across two issues:

1) The EFB shows an error - this could easily be caused by the way I've mapped the addon, though. 

2) I did a flight from KMIA to KMSY and found that on climb, the vertical mode disconnected several times, so AP and ATHR engaged, but CLB just disengaged, while NAV remained and ATHR remained at climb thrust.

As far as settings go, I've attached images of my settings as well - all three pages.

Lastly, I turned on content error logging and have attached my content error log as well. I have also installed LVFR KMIA and KMSY (both from new v5 installers) and you'll see some errors related to those airports as well in the log.

Hope this is helpful.

Please login to display this image.

ContentErrors.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 hours ago, nicolas83 said:

True Glass seems not to work. Crashes when I copy the files over from V4-

TrueGlass and RealLight are a 3rd party product. We have to wait until they finished the updates. Might not be easy, as they have to recode DX11 to DX12.

ported over A320-A321.

first look, no integral or flood lights. But I haven't moved any files from p3dv4 folder, so there maybe something in there. Having said that, it all seems to be working, going to have a fly later and see how it goes.

Well get back to you later.

Brian

I have made same that cwburnett but with  A320/321 and I can see them in the aircraft selection window, but after select any P3Dv5 crashes

I have use [Package.23] at the end of the file instead of [Package.0] like cwburnett, but I think that this doesn`t matter.

I f I can help I am ready

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

PD - Brianwhtn53 … how have you ported over A320-321 please ??? I would like to try it.

6 hours ago, Juanjo said:

PD - Brianwhtn53 … how have you ported over A320-321 please ??? I would like to try it.

Just copy the text from the add-on.cfg from V4 and paste into add-on.cfg of V5. The add-on.cfg file is in C:\programData\LockheedMartin\prepar3dV4\add-on.cfg. Then into prepar3d V5\add-on.cfg

run p3dv5 and you should see the aircraft listed. Make sure you check the numbering on the text you paste over, it has to be sequencial.

Did a flight last night and all seems well, checklist worked perfectly, chaseplane worked, gsx2 worked, only issue I had was lighting, which I think there is a file missing, need to have a look in the effects folders or p3dv4. It was very stable and fps was not an issue. I even got Pro ATC X to work.

Good luck. Gonna do another flight today and put on youtube.

Brian

7 hours ago, Juanjo said:

I have made same that cwburnett but with  A320/321 and I can see them in the aircraft selection window, but after select any P3Dv5 crashes

I have use [Package.23] at the end of the file instead of [Package.0] like cwburnett, but I think that this doesn`t matter.

I f I can help I am ready

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

This happens to me too even modifying add-ons.cfg.

Tested with a320 and 330 and fresh install

7 hours ago, Juanjo said:

I didn't get that problem.

I know there is an issue if you chose the default aircraft and load that at your airport and then change the aircraft it crashes p3dv5. That has been reported on the p3d forums.

I chose the airbus from the start and loaded that at the airport i was flying from and it loaded fine no crashes.

Brian

10 hours ago, Gazspain said:

This happens to me too even modifying add-ons.cfg.

Tested with a320 and 330 and fresh install

If you want, post your add-ons.cfg and we can double check it? That's the only thing I can suggest. But, maybe you should start a separate thread for that so we don't clutter up this collection thread? Either way, I'm happy to take a look if you want to post it.

• Aerosoft
16 minutes ago, anscad said:

Severe frame rate hit. Went from 50-80 fps with default aircraft to just 3 with the Airbus 318 loaded.

Well as the product is not released for V5 and you are using outdated files that is not very surprising. When we release you will see a slight increase of FPS because the files are compiled for DX12. 

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well as the product is not released for V5 and you are using outdated files that is not very surprising. When we release you will see a slight increase of FPS because the files are compiled for DX12. 

I'm literally waking up everyday checking the forums and awaiting for when the good news arrives. :D

Until then no flying for me. Not without ActiveSky and Aerosoft buses. :)

1 hour ago, Eytanman1 said:

I get the ND log not found error when loading the 330. i added to addon cfg..

after that it crashes.

it worked for a few flights and then this started happening

I have the same issue, but I think it will be fixed when AS updates the 330. For now we have to wait! ;)

On 4/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, cwburnett said:

2) The ND is showing only a portion of the display - looks like a display scaling issue.  The left ND shows roughly the upper left corner of the full display and the right ND shows roughly the upper right corner of the full display.

3) All cockpit displays have blurry text, including the PDF, ND, upper and lower ECAM screens and the three MCDUs. (looks like an antialiasing problem on the displays)

Functionally, I came across two issues:

1) The EFB shows an error - this could easily be caused by the way I've mapped the addon, though. 

Just to update, #s 2 and 3 above were resolved by fixing the cockpit texture resolution setting to 2048 (4096 works also, but 2048 saves VRAM)

EFB works now that I moved the folder into the P3Dv5 folder.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:28 AM, Eytanman1 said:

I get the ND log not found error when loading the 330. i added to addon cfg..

after that it crashes.

it worked for a few flights and then this started happening

Mine also stopped working after a few flights. Elsewhere someone suggested to remove the Trueglass and Reallight folders for the QW787 and I did that for the A330 and now I can get into the plane again. FWIW. I'm usually hesitant to muck around too much, but I was missing the 330 with Truesky! I made a full backup of the A330 before I started mucking about to be sure I can restore it if needed.

On 4/20/2020 at 6:18 PM, cwburnett said:

Just to update, #s 2 and 3 above were resolved by fixing the cockpit texture resolution setting to 2048 (4096 works also, but 2048 saves VRAM)

Mine also stopped working after a few flights. Elsewhere someone suggested to remove the Trueglass and Reallight folders for the QW787 and I did that for the A330 and now I can get into the plane again. FWIW. I'm usually hesitant to muck around too much, but I was missing the 330 with Truesky! I made a full backup of the A330 before I started mucking about to be sure I can restore it if needed.

Removing Trueglass and Reallight folders fixes the problem for me. It makes Buses "compatible" with P3d5 with some issues.

Thank you!

Hey Mathijs

Hope you are doing well and stay healthy!

just a quick question regarding the upcoming version for P3Dv5? are they some updates on the A330 or is the biggest update the compatibilation for P3DV5?

thanks

brgds

Massimo

On 4/20/2020 at 6:18 PM, cwburnett said:

Hi cwburnett,

How and where do you set this parameter "cockpit texture resolution"?

Thanks.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:25 PM, Patrice_cesson said:

Hi cwburnett,

How and where do you set this parameter "cockpit texture resolution"?

Thanks.

It is in the prepar3d.cfg file and sometimes it gets reset with CTDs to something weird.  I think under [panels] - not at my sim right now.

Same as others here. Did a full A330 install by temporarily renaming the P3D V5 folder to V4, then adjusted the add-on.cfg path and removed Truglass and Realight. 

I get a "ND log file cannot be generated" error when first loading the plane, then when OK is clicked and the plane/sim start rendering, I am stuck at 1 FPS.

Archived