Help with an IFPS Validation

Hello, I have previously asked for help here when I cannot find a solution to a routing.

Today, I am having trouble with DCTs in LKAA (Czech Airspace).

According to the Appendix 4 of the current RAD (2004), LKAA has a Horizontal DCT limit of 0NM, however, certain DCTs are exempted from this rule.

Please login to display this image.

Recently, as the LKAA airspace is transitioning to become a FRA, certain airways have been removed, so some DCTs are necessary, for example to perfom the BUDE1W STAR at LOWW.

As you can see, there are no airways arriving at ABUDO. Thankfully, the Appendix 4 specifies there is an exception to the no DCT rule. 

So normally, I should be able to file this DCT at any time (H24). However, if I try to validate my FPL, I receive a DCT limit exceeded error.

Would anyone know where I am making a mistake?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my IFPS text

(FPL-N704AN-IN
-B77L/H-SDE1E3FGHIJ3J5J6M1M2RWXYZ/LB1D1
-KMIA1230
-N0476F370 VKZ DCT PBI DCT ADOOR M202 MUNEY DCT 41N060W 45N050W
 50N040W 53N030W 55N020W DCT RESNO DCT NETKI DCT NIBOG DCT REMSI
 L603 BELOX DCT BUKUT L603 LAMSO DCT EVELI DCT PAM L620 ARNEM DCT
 PODIP DCT TESGA DCT OSBIT UZ205 LULAR DCT ABUDO Z205 BUDEX
-LOWW0943
-PBN/A1B1D1O1S2 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/200415
 REG/N704AN)

I suspect the error is returned as the aircraft is descending between LULAR & ABUDO.

In some instances the error can be ignored by IFPS staff, this may be one of those but cannot give an official answer.

However, to avoid the error:

VKZ DCT PBI DCT ADOOR M202 MUNEY DCT 41N060W
 45N050W/N0477F390 50N040W 53N030W/M083F390 55N020W DCT RESNO DCT
 NETKI DCT NIBOG/N0469F390 DCT REMSI L603 BELOX/N0468F410 DCT
 BUKUT L603 LAMSO DCT EVELI DCT PAM L620 ARNEM DCT PODIP DCT
 TESGA UL603 BESNI UL605 BIBAG Q104 AKIMA DCT MASUR

Stephen,

Thanks again for your answer, just in time for my departure!

I also thought that it could because PFPX thought the aircraft was descending in Czech airspace, so I had tried to force it to maintain FL370 until the exit of LKAA. That didn't fix it unfortunately... (Hopefully once the FRA transition is complete, this issues will be irrelevant)

Have a great day!

Hi,

it looks like it's dependant on the aircraft type. The heavier the aircraft the more restricted climb/descend profiles might be used for validation.

E.g. EDLL to LOWW with an A320 validates fine.

FL350: DODEN Y853 BOMBI UL984 OSBIT UZ205 LULAR DCT ABUDO Z205 BUDEX

Regards

David

Well that definitely could be the case.

Furthermore, there is a special ALT restriction on that STAR into Vienna which is only active during a part of the day. Maybe the IFPS thinks that I had to make it below FL170 in time for MASUR (I didn't since I was landing at 2300Z), so thought that I would have been below FL325 (required for the direct). The odd thing is that I tried to insert a restriction in my IFPS text (N0478F370) to see if I could tell it I wouldn't descend before BUDEX but that didn't work...

But I definitely think that you must be onto something, relating to the altitude, since my return flight took me on a direct across Czech airspace with no issues!

Anyways, thanks David for your very helpful RAD restrictions that you methodically upload with every new cycle! It really reduced the amount of work I have needed to do to get valid routes, keep it up!

Archived