A318 - A321: Empty weights are different since update 1.3.0.5 - Fuel Planner and ZFW

Balu1968

Hi there

I asked this question 07.04.2020 in the German forum and nobody knew the answer. That's why:

The empty weights of the A318 - A321 have changed since update 1.3.0.5 (A318 previously 39.5 now 40.5, A319 previously 39.7 now 41.9, A320 previously 41.2 now 44.0, A321 46.8 now 50.3).

Since the ZFW has not changed, this leads e.g. on the A318 in the Fuel Planner, that it works with the max. 132 PAX, already 388kg above the maximum ZFW of 54.5 and shows this in red.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the feedback and greetings from Switzerland

Stephan

(translate by google)

Please login to display this image.

Hi Mathijs

thanks for the answer.

i think, this is the bagweight (132x25kg)

the empty-weight is 40500kg + 11088kg PAX (132 x 84kg) + 3300kg BAGWEIGHT (132 x 25kg) = 54888kg.

but the MZFW is 54500kg

Stephan

Hi Bob

Yes, i can make this in the .xml file. 

but, then I can't take any cargo with me. is this the same in real aircraft?

bevor the last update was the empty-weight 39508kg an now is 40500kg with the same MZFW (54500kg)

• Deputy Sheriffs

It was all adjusted to real Weight and Balance Manuals with last update.
Empty weight with that amount of seats, max cargo, etc.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The MZFW is a design weight by Airbus. Fixed limit.

The empty weight depends on 

seats counting , crew, crew baggage, water, eating, documents and other airline specific equipment.

There is a manufacturer empty weight and a operational empty weight. The last includes all except pax, cargo and usable fuel.

There are different WV by Airbus. But we already took the highest one.

The OEW is found in the weighting report of every single aircraft that is part of the WeightBalanceManual.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Balu1968 said:

Thanks for the detailed answer.
Another question: what happens if I am above the MZFW?

What you really need my friend, is an understanding of aircraft loadout/weight management.

Here are a few links to get you started, but I would spend some time searching for more information on this subject as it will be very helpful to you in flight simulation.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/media/faa-h-8083-1.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_takeoff_weight

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/16307/how-does-a-commercial-airliner-measure-its-weight-mass

My very best wishes.

Archived