FSFK and FSUIPC Error

Ginns

Hello,

I'm going to learn FS Flight Keeper because I want my virtual airline to use it.  S I just downloaded the latest version: paid for not trial.  And I'm in the process of learning it.  When I go to general options and add some data I get this error message.  

BTW: both FSUIPC and FSX folders are on the same drive. 

Ivan Rivas

CEO

Lynx Airways Worldwide

Please login to display this image.

I searched and searched.  Reloaded FSUIPC at least ten times.  It's no where to be found.

I installed the FSUIPC V4 from the FS Flight Keeper zip file. 

Ivan

Now THAT  was interesting.  While I was able to finally get the ini file to go into the proper place: I had to do hours of learning and analyzing what was going on.  It was a fun journey.  If i was not geeky, somewhat, this would have been reems and reems of text messages.  The link you gave me Mathijs lead me on that journey.  while it didn't provide the full answer, it showed me how things are supposed to work.

So the final piece is when i realized the path to the cfg file was FSX not FSX-SE.  So the "Trust" line in the cfg file never made it to FSX-FE.  So I copied and pasted the "Trust" line from FSX to FSX-SE and after Flight sim accepted the trust...vuala...the ini file was developed in the Modules folder.  

That was fun...thank you.  By the way, I tried downloading a different version of  FSUIPC  versions from the Dawson web site but never loaded because of different versions of FSX-SE.  The only one which worked, was the one in FSFK even though it pointed to the FSX cfg instead of the FSX-SE cfg.  Might want to look at that one day.

-----------------------------------------------  I know my airline pilots are going to run into these problems and they are not geeky at all, so I appreciate you time and effort in providing me the opportunity to learn.  It will come in handy for sure.

So, moving along.  When I turn on FSFK and select to "Create new flight"  I get this error message.  

Thank you,  Ivan

Mathijs,

I want to thank you for all your help.  I did contact the FSUIPC help and I just had it set up wrong.  It's all fixed now and running like magic for this phase.  The next phase, once I run this for a while and get to know it, the next phase is getting it on a google map.  but that's later.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you very much. 

Ivan Rivas

Archived