Full Throttle, No Movement

AdamSmrt

Good afternoon all

Firstly, I must apologise if I have brought this topic up when it has already been answered (I searched forums and couldn't see anything containing my issue).

Owing to the lockdown in the UK, I have covered about 21,000nm of flying since 24th March 2020 to keep myself entertained as I've been furloughed.  With this in mind, I recently started a flight from KSFO to CYVR in the A319 professional.  The flight was AC5A63 in an Air Canada livery downloaded from the Aerosoft website, registration C-GARG, a CFM variant of the A319.

Using GSX for the pushback, I started engine 2 and as soon as the engine started up it went to full throttle - 100% - as with no input from me whatsoever. The engine will idle if I press and hold F1 for a second or so, but as soon as I tough my throttle (Saitek X52 Pro)., it goes up to 100% throttle again.  When the throttles are at 100%, the aircraft does not move at all.

I read about this issue - or perhaps a similar issue - on an old forum post from many years ago with another of the Aerosoft Airbus products.  The remedy was to re-install the bus and the aircraft would be fine.  So, I ensured that the bus was reinstalled and updated any drivers that were required (none) and set up the sim again.  Unfortunately, however, the bus still revs to 100% throttle when I start the engines, for no apparent reason.  To reiterate, when the throttles are at 100%, the aircraft will not move whatsoever.

Please note: this only occurs when using the CFM variant of the A319.  The IAE version of the aircraft starts up and flies as normal, as do both variants of the A320 and the A321.  The only thing I've changed is adding a few different liveries.  Surely this isn't the cause?!

Can anyone please offer advice / assistance?

I look forward to your replies.

Sincerely

Adam Smrt

PS- to confirm, I have all necessary updates for GSX level 2, all sceneries and am running the latest version of the Aerosoft bus.

Hi Mathijs

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this issue appears at all airports I have, both default and add-ons (add-ons are from several different developers).

Sincerely

Adam Smrt

• Aerosoft

As all aircraft use config files that are 99% the same, the most surprising thing is you have it with only one version. I simply can't explain that and I could not find any similar issue in our support database.  Clearly something is wrong with the files. I know you re-installed, but something must have been left behind that messes things up.

Hello again Mathijs

Thank you for replying once more.

So, I re-installed the A318 / A319 again a short time ago - about two hours.  Once I'd done this, I didn't install any repaints, to see if that was the issue, although, I didn't think it'd make a difference.  It turns out thjat that is exactly what it was!

I have now re-installed the repaints one by one to check that that they'll all work and low and behold, ACA563 is on VATSIM right now en-route to CYVR!

I'm sorry to have troubled everybody with this issue.

Enjoy the rest of the Easter break, everybody  ✈️  :)

Please login to display this image.

Archived