Autoland issue and FBW

Hello, 

I have this issue that when I configurated the aircraft for landing, with appr phase activated, appr mode on on the FCU, LS on, and with the localiser captured that the aircraft won't descend? So I have to do it manually, but it's annoying because I have to but the aircraft into a steep dive which the speed would rapidly increase and resulting in hard landings or overrunning the runway. Am I doing something wrong? I am not really used to Airbus because I fly Boeing more often. And I have the issue that when I turn off the FBW mid-flight when I want to fly a bit manually to get the aircraft on the flight path instead of next to it (which sometimes happens), I can't control the aircraft at all, it won't pitch and turn?

I appreciate all sort of help!

With regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

I strongly suggest to work through the step-by-step guide, that comes with the Airbus.

Most important: forget what you have learned with the Boeing. Handling of an Airbus is totally different.

FBW must be on all time, even with A/P off and manual fliyng. That option in MCDU right is only to improve a video recording (if I recall correctly.. but is written in the step by step guide)

Archived