INSTALLING MALAGA AIRPORT

• Deputy Sheriffs

To start with, please don't shout. In case you didn't know it, using all caps is considered shouting on the internet.

Also if you're not aware of it, installing scenery in X-Plane is different than in other sims. Your best bet is to look at one of many videos you'll find on YouTube by searching for "install x-plane scenery" or a similar phrase. If you did everything right, please respond back and someone else that's used the scenery may be able to help.

• Developer

Usually you just have to extract the download package into you X-Plane main folder: Open the downloaded zip file and drag the folder 'Custom Scenery' into you X-Plane 11 folder - that's it. Some airports consist of multiple scenery layers so please have a look into the manual for further information about scenery order. You can find the manual in the scenery folder, there is a subfolder 'DOCUMENTATION' and in there you will find the manual. If the airport comes with different layers the documentation folder usually can be found in the airport layer.

33 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Usually you just have to extract the download package into you X-Plane main folder: Open the downloaded zip file and drag the folder 'Custom Scenery' into you X-Plane 11 folder - that's it. Some airports consist of multiple scenery layers so please have a look into the manual for further information about scenery order. You can find the manual in the scenery folder, there is a subfolder 'DOCUMENTATION' and in there you will find the manual. If the airport comes with different layers the documentation folder usually can be found in the airport layer.

the problem is that i dont have all the folders in one main folder because earlier before i had problems with xplane 11 and had to separate all the folders

• Developer

No matter what you do you must have a Custom Scenery folder somewhere and this is where all addon scenery has to be copied (or linked using shortcuts) into. If you open the zip file from the Malaga Download you will find a folder Custom Scenery inside the zip file, if you open this folder (also inside the zip file) you will find all Malaga related scenery folders. Now drag all these folders into your Custom Scenery folder for installation and then follow the instruction given in the manual.

If you made changes to your X-Plane folder structure it may be useful to know what your changes are in detail. In general I don't see any reason to rip the X-Plane folder apart because you can always use simple shortcuts for sceneries if you want to move them to another drive.

On 4/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, FlyAgi said:

No matter what you do you must have a Custom Scenery folder somewhere and this is where all addon scenery has to be copied (or linked using shortcuts) into. If you open the zip file from the Malaga Download you will find a folder Custom Scenery inside the zip file, if you open this folder (also inside the zip file) you will find all Malaga related scenery folders. Now drag all these folders into your Custom Scenery folder for installation and then follow the instruction given in the manual.

If you made changes to your X-Plane folder structure it may be useful to know what your changes are in detail. In general I don't see any reason to rip the X-Plane folder apart because you can always use simple shortcuts for sceneries if you want to move them to another drive.

I HAVE LOOKED AT IT, WHEN I OPEN THE ZIP FILE THERE IS MALAGA BUT THERE IS NOT A CUSTOM SCENARY INSIDE THE MALAGA FILE 

• Developer

Good to know, I thought the Malaga Scenery would follow standard Aerosoft Package conventions but it seems to differ in this aspect. 

Anyway, you have a Malaga folder (is it named 'Aerosoft - LEMG Malaga' or similar?) inside your zip file so I expect this folder has to be copied into your X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery folder. If this is not working please look deeper into the zip file structure, usually there is a documentation folder including a manual and this will tell you how to install the scenery.

Maybe @Heinz Flichtbeil could have a look into this and give more information as I don't own the Malaga airport so I can't look into the package myself.

• Administrator

Hello, yes I will do:

the zip folder is named as (I have redownloaded it to test it):

AS_SIMWINGS-LEMG-MALAGA-AIRPORT_XPLANE11.zip

Extract it and open it.

Then you see a Custom Scenery folder.

Open it too. Then you see the Malaga folder "Malaga Airport".

This folder copy into the Custom Scenery folder of your installed X-Plane 11 folder.

Important:

with the scenery_packs.ini file the Malaga Airport must positioned above the "Global Airports".

And:

Also SAM2 must be installed:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/151811-sam-suite/

20 hours ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello, yes I will do:

the zip folder is named as (I have redownloaded it to test it):

AS_SIMWINGS-LEMG-MALAGA-AIRPORT_XPLANE11.zip

Extract it and open it.

Then you see a Custom Scenery folder.

Open it too. Then you see the Malaga folder "Malaga Airport".

This folder copy into the Custom Scenery folder of your installed X-Plane 11 folder.

Important:

with the scenery_packs.ini file the Malaga Airport must positioned above the "Global Airports".

And:

Also SAM2 must be installed:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/151811-sam-suite/

Hello, i have tried it with the scenary x but when it asks me to select a folder i cant select none of the folders i want because it tells me i dont have a xplane main folder 

20 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

You have to pick the location of your X-Plane 11 folder and then proceed.

The problem is i dont have a main explane folder i have all the folders spread around my desktop.

• Developer

Well... then I really recommend to do a proper X-Plane installation in it's own folder but if you don't want to do so your desktop is your main X-Plane folder and you will find a folder Custom Scenery on your desktop - now copy the Malaga airport into this Custom Scenery folder and it should work.

A simple way to move everything into a proper X-Plane folder:

• Create a folder 'X-Plane 11' on your desktop
  • Move every X-Plane related folder and file into this new folder
  • Create a shortcut to 'X-Plane.exe' (the one with the blue X-Plane icon) on your desktop for easier access

I think this is more convenient for you and it will also help avoiding complications like seen above for you when it comes to support questions.

🙂

Archived