CRJ 700/900 Loading Flight Plan - again (or still?)

Even is it seems to be a minority having problems with loading flight plans for the CRJ, I still have no solution.

• First attempt: via INDEX -> ROUTE MENU -> PILOT ROUTE LIST -> ORIG:DEST (ROUTE LOADED) -> SEC FPLN -> ACTIVATE ->  EXEC
    As far as I understood, this is the way described in the Forums's FAQ and as well by Hans in a thread quite a while ago.
    What happened: SEC FPLN at least came back with both ICAO, the DIST =196 (that's Great Circle dist) and the planned RWY, but after pushing EXEC the DIST became 1 .
    As I did it several times, I know that no legs are shown in both, ACT FPLN and SEC FPLN in any phase (before and after executing ACTIVATE and/or EXEC).
  • Second attempt: when typing in directly the name ORIGDEST01 (of course with correct ICAO codes) the distance 196 is shown again (at least the first lines of the plan are obviously recognised. It's funny, typing the not existing filename ORIGDEST does not change anything and reports LOADED as well. Probably it's a limitation of the real thing as it obviously just looks for the originating and the destination airports. I'd changed the filename for curiosity and at least the listing worked as before like ORIG:DEST.

In any case the flight plan is empty. Everything else is fine. Typing in plans manually is no problem at all and the chain CRJ MANAGER -> DAVE - FMC works as well.

The flight plans are produced by using PFPX and all packages are up-to-date, including the NAVIGRAPH database.

What could be the reason???

• Developer
On 11.4.2020 at 20:14, FlyingAxx sagte:

The flight plans are produced by using PFPX

I think this is your problem. As far as I know, PFPX flight plans have never been correct. Can you attach the .flp file here so I can have a look?

On 4/14/2020 at 6:20 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

I think this is your problem. As far as I know, PFPX flight plans have never been correct. Can you attach the .flp file here so I can have a look?

Hi Hans, actually I can't see it to by my problem that PFPX may not work correctly. Even if I really like the bird when flying it, I mostly used it when flying alone and without any need to coordinate my flights with other guys (no problem to enter a plan for each leg manually). Hmm, it might even be my own problem and a handling mistake, however, this plan (it's attached) looks quite simple to me and I would appreciate a hint where to look at.

LEMHDAAG01.flp

• Developer

I don't mean "your problem" I mean "the problem that occurs on your system".

I checked the flightplan and all I see is that PFPX still produces the old Airbus Extended flightplan format for the CRJ. When I load the file, all I get is one waypoint for the departure runway RW19.

The only thing I can do right now, is to recommend to use Simbrief.com instead of PFPX.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

When I load the file, all I get is one waypoint for the departure runway RW19.

The only thing I can do right now, is to recommend to use Simbrief.com instead of PFPX.

Thanks Hans, the same waypoint appears here. I'll try simbrief.com. Actually, up to now I thought that Aerosoft would take care about compatibility between products being published (for the same platform) under their label. Well, to err is human...

Stay heathy!

@Hans Hartmann, after a bit of trial & error I think that my problem had been that I used to develop plans without SID nor STARS, containing no runway information, too. That's because I'm preparing a bunch of plans in advance without knowing anything about the future weather. Most are quite short legs as some friends and I use to fly once a week (a bit "Wild West"), touching sometimes up to four destinations - not as real as it gets, I'm afraid. There isn't much time for extensive manual inputs. However, obviously the plans are requiring at least this information - and it seems that there must be a least a DCT to the first airway entry waypoint (not included by PFPX).

This simple plan loaded fine, while the planner came back just with Airway1.

[CoRte]
  ArptDep=DABC
  ArptArr=DTTA
  RwyDep=DABC31
  RwyArr=DTTA29
  DctWpt1=CSO
  Airway2=UW254
  Airway2FROM=CSO
  Airway2TO=TUC

Now I'm a bit puzzled as I edited (manually) a simple example with two of four possible rwy-variations, distinguishing the file names just by numbers. The result had been two visible and accessible plans, listed in the CDU , where I cannot see any difference before loading one of them. I would be interested how pilots in reality would know which one to select. BTW, it's nothing bothering me too much.

Archived