LSZH 1.1.0.1 (and earlier) high mountain on short final RWY 28

tanjix

Hi Guys,

by searching around I could not find a topic related to this - if it already exists, please excuse for double posting.

I discovered that in P3D v4.5 there is a high hill/mountain short before the beginning of RWY 28 in LSZH.

That makes it impossible to fly a normal approach to the runway (when flying VFR and doing some traffic circuits) or flying IFR and approaching RWY 28, if it's the active runway. In real there is no such high erection of the landscape that close to the runway.

I have ORBX as well and for troubleshooting reasons I disabled all ORBX stuff but could not see a change in that means.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about (placed an a/c on RWY 28 and directly behind me is the described situation)

I am not quite sure if this is really a problem of the LSZH scenery, but maybe someone here had the same thing and/or knows a solution for that.

Thanks,

Jerome

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A mesh is an altitude model giving your more accurate hights of mountains etc. Either part of anothr scenery addon or available as a separate addon.

Post some screenshots of your scenery library so that we can see where LSZH sits.

The hill is definitely not part of the scenery.

This is my scenery library in total - screenshotted from "SimStarter".

Thanks!

Done, I moved all ORBX stuff below the last 3rd party addon scenery as you advised, but I still see this strange hill on short final of RWY 28 at LSZH.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I simply can not recreate it.

Please search for any bgl file out side the LSZH installation folder with lszh in its name: *lszh*.bgl

Also, what mesh setting are you using?

I did the search and found four files:

FTX_GES_LSZH_objects.bgl (path = .\ORBX\p3dv4\EU Germany South\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery)

ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH.bgl (path = .\ORBX\p3dv4\EU Germany South\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery)

ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH_CVX.bgl (path = .\ORBX\p3dv4\EU Germany South\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery)

ABP_LSZH.bgl  (path = .\ORBX\p3dv4\Global VECTOR\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery)

All these sections were disabled when the last screenshot was made (ORBX completely inactive).

My mesh settings are these:

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but as you are the only one with this problem, it must be a local issue. You might do a fresh install of the sim and adding one scenery by the other to see when it aill appear

Archived