Heathrow professionnal - wrong parking position AI traffic

Geoffray

Hello all,

This topic had probably already been discussed but any chance to find the approriate topic...

I am using AI traffic with Ultimate Traffic, and I face to wrong parking position of certains aircraft when in EGLL (London Heathrow Professionnal).

Indeed, some Long Haul aircraft such as 777 or 380 are parked in T5 and not in T5B and T5C as it should be.

Anyone already had this issue ? How is it possible to amend aircraft parking position ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Geoffray

P3D assigns parking positions depending on parking code (if supplied) and size of the parking positions. If there are heavies on T5 that means the spots there are large enough to fit them.

You could edit the AFCAD file and reducing the size of the parking positions at T5 (and maybe increasing some of the spots at T5A / 5B)

This can be easily made with a free tool called ADE (https://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799)

but be aware: editing AFCAD#s to fit your "needs" can be addictive 😉

there are lot's of tutorials - look for "ADE" oder "Airport Design Editor" - there is no real risk - just backup your original AFCAD file (for EGLL it's EGLL_AFX-XXXX.bgl depending on the layout with or without europier)

P.S. I had a look at the original EGGL-Pro AFCAD (with Europier) - there should not be anything larger than a 757 at T5

maybe you could post a screen

that's strange - I checked the original AFCAD files - there are no heavy gates (31m or more) at T5 on my versions.

But glad you could fix it! 

Archived