GSX PB "Engine Stabilized" call missing - Checklist stuck

Last few days ive noticed while trying to record a flight unsuccessfully due to this problem here that i will pushback off a gate (AS A32X Pro), each engine starts and completes and GSX now asks to comfirm a good engine start before disconnecting the tug. I have switched the parking breaks on and confirmed, the tug then disconnects and drives away but my aircraft continues to sit there and doesnt continue with the startup process and thus sits in limbo.

I checked the Airbus checklist screen and nothing is pending there.

This is using the really good checklist assist from the Capatain and FO that you follow or assist the process for an entire flight.

Also the fuel planner for the 320/321 is bugged? You can use the A320 and get a fuel figure for say GCLP to EGGP but if you select the 321 you get a maximum fuel error for that same route which is clearly incorrect?

I am using 1.3.0.3 (I have noticed 1.3.0.5 was posted while writing this message and updated HOWEVER the issue still persists as i just tried again now)

To further update, i tried just a normal flight at Simwings LEMN with no flightplan loaded and the plane pushed back and the procedure went ahead as it should WITH engine start call outs so im thinking okay, must be fixed now?

Reloaded a new flightplan booted up the sim to Simwings GCLP started recording and again back with the same issue again!?!

There are NO call outs for healthy starts of engine 1 and 2 even though they're running and even if you confirm with GSX and the tug disconnects and moves away the plane sits there stuck waiting for engine clearances that never come.

A few screenshots if these help?

Please login to display this image.

And further findings, so i tried this with no flightplan in the folder for A32X FPs this time and recorded with Nvidia as i usually do and was able to get engine start call outs during the pushback so i know it isnt my recorder causing it BUT this does leave me thinking that its likely to be associated with the flightplan file which has NEVER caused me issues this way before so why is it now?

I get my flp files from Online Flight Planner and incase the one i had was corrupt i have made a new one and still get the issue.

I also use ActiveSky so im about it try it with that and no FP and see what happens.

EDIT: Its ActiveSky thats somehow and for some reason clashing or causing the checklist option to stall and get stuck on pushback engine starts? Why would this even be a bug?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Stunden , bradley27 sagte:

GSX now asks to comfirm a good engine start before disconnecting the tug.

First this is an option in the GSX-Settings menu - which can be disabled. I suggest therefore first you try to disable this GSX option and check if then everything is working like previously. Another possibility is if you are asked by GSX for confirmation and both engines are really stabilized then open the GSX menu and select the "confirmation" option for good engine start. All this has nothing to do with flight plans or ActiveSky. So if you experience other problems then the one mentioned before please open a new thread for each issue.......

Regards,

Rolf 

• Hanse changed the title to GSX PB "Confirm Good Engine Start" - PB Checklist gets stuck

Sure ill take a look at disabling that request from GSX now, i just wanted to point out obviously that i had tried out over 6 different scenarios trying to work out why it worked sometimes and not other ways and as soon as i tried it with ActiveSky on thats when i noticed it was jamming itself at the point i mentioned which to me seems alittle bizarre as i cant imagine why there would be any association between the two but then on other tests seemed to get past the engine startup points without AS on.

Anyway ill feedback shortly. Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is really no connection between the CL and ActiveSky - except the BARO Settings. But those settings are injected by AS into the sim and the CL takes it from there.

Edited the checkboxes mentioned to off for GSX, rebooted the sim again with ActiveSky running and again the plane pushes back and the engines are running at a stable rate and it just wont budge past this point. The tug disconnects and drives away but the aircraft just sits there without a stable confirmation of both engines. But when i have ActiveSky off and just the sim....it works. Its so weird.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So please tell me exactly what your are doing step by step and really I need any detail. Is the GSX-option in MCDU3 GROUNDSERVICES menu set to YES? When the Cockpit Preparation CL has been finished, did you just call the GSX Pushback function (which automatically closes all doors) and automatically starts the Before Engine Start CL? When it has been finished just follow the GSX instructions. Please do not use any MCDU3 option p.e. to manually start one of the two CL's. Those only should be used if no GSX pushback is used. The best thing would be to prepare a video........

Bradley, do you hear the voice engine stabilized? Sometimes it help to advance the throttle a bit and then to F1/Cut. Then you'll hear the call-out and the CL progresses.

6 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Bradley, do you hear the voice engine stabilized? Sometimes it help to advance the throttle a bit and then to F1/Cut. Then you'll hear the call-out and the CL progresses.

Im uploading two videos now to YouTube, they might take awhile though before they get posted but yes normally you hear the FO say engine 2 stabilized and then engine 1 stabilized.

In the two videos they are the same basic setup both times, the only difference is ActiveSky is on in one of them (the one which nothing progresses) and the other is just P3D and the call outs happen and it progresses as it should....Its so weird.

Since the engines are running on full i have tried to roll forward to see if it prompts anything but nothing happens and remains stuck at that point in the process.

Sorry for taking to long, so heres the video of the issue (ActiveSky is on in the background too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eVmntYEX98&feature=youtu.be

I am uploading another video (the same scenario but with AS off) which will follow abit later and you'll see with that video that the process works fine and doesn't get stuck.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the two videos. The issue you have is not based on AS but on the QNH itself. In case of 1.103 the Engine2 EPR runs up to 1.011 and in case of QNH 1.016 only up to 1.009 EPR. But in the CL we use a minimum value of 1.010 EPR for the "stabilized" message to be called. Because this value is not reached the message is not called and the CL does not commence. I am now discussing the different EPR values (based on different QNH) with my colleague who is responsible for the engines program. As soon as we come to a decission I will let you know the how we are going to solve the issue.

Regards,

Rolf 

• Hanse changed the title to GSX PB "Engine Stabilized" call missing - Checklist stuck

Cool thanks Rolf (sorry called you Hanse before),

In a normal flight i would carry out with a flightplan and the aircraft would be setup fully and not as basic as seen in the two videos but because i know the issue happens regardless of a full setup or not i opted for a quick run through for you to see.

I normally would set the QNH as the flightplan data suggest for departure and arrival and tbh in the past roughly a few months ago i had no issues with pauses like this so it seems like something that has maybe broken in recent months or weeks?

Thanks and ill see what you come back with.

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived