Autopilot Turn Accuracy

Hi all,

Since the latest updates on the A320 bundle (where the A330-tech was added), I've noticed that the aircraft has a tendency to overshoot turns (sometimes as much as 1 nm on a 90 degree turn), especially at lower altitudes, i.e. on approaches or SIDs/STARs. So far en-route accuracy has been fine. This has been the most obivous on RNAV approaches or SID/STARs where turns are up to 90 degrees. Just wondering if this is a known issue?  Otherwise I'll get back to you with some more information and tests.

I'm using the A319 updated to the latest version 1.3.0.5, with the latest version of P3D v4.5.

Happy Easter!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jakob,

Do you have a screenshot or video where we could see the PFD and ND when this happens. Especially in higher speeds or in high tailwinds I would imagine it could well be possible for the aircraft to oveshoot since the turn radius will be higher. But interested to see more on this so we can have a look into it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have similar experiences. I´m using the latest version (1.3.1.0) and when using the HDG in the FCU the bank is limited to 25° instead of 30°. Same applies when the AP captures the LOC. I think in earlier version the bank limit was 30°. I also have the feeling that the real A/C (A320 Familiy) takes sharper turns when capturing the LOC.

Archived