Are PFPX & TOPCAT dead ?

Hi - main question is in the title...

And I actually have 2 problems with PFPX (v2.03) :

1. PFPX can't load FS Global Real Weather (FSGRW) weather data while the file current_weather.txt exists, is filled with METAR data, is readable and stored in the right folder as specidied in the PFPX settings.

When trying to update weather, I get the message "Can't load FS Global Real Weather (FSGRW) weather data" in an alert popup.

2. Traffic not showing up on world map display , even own aircraft when directly connected to P3D via FSUIPC.

Thanks.

1. Have you configured FSGRW in accordance with its documentation for use with external programs ? v1.7 works fine here.
    What is the full path you have set, post a snapshot ?

2. A known issue.

Why would you ask if they are dead?  Silliness.

You can see Judith replied to a post just the other day, and the programs work.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, srcooke said:

1. Have you configured FSGRW in accordance with its documentation for use with external programs ? v1.7 works fine here.
    What is the full path you have set, post a snapshot ?

Thanks for your reply.

Here are some screenshots describing the issue...

Both PFPX and FSGRW are running as Administrator to avoid file system access problems.

Please login to display this image.

13 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Why would you ask if they are dead?  Silliness.

You can see Judith replied to a post just the other day, and the programs work.

Silliness ??

Well problem #2 "Traffic not showing up on world map display" was mentionned in decembre 2018 (just after latest release) then mentionned again in June 2019 then again now:

So same issue in Dec 2018 => Jun 2019 => Apr 2020 with no update.

Latest version of PFPX Dec 2018

Latest version of TOPCAT : Sept 2016

Don't know if it's silly but yes, I was wondering, despite any other message explaining otherwise...

Anyway, it is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng roadmap for 1 version update - have seen other paid software doing better - but glad to hear there is a hope... 

Looking forward !

I am writing to be sure if the problem of user aircraft not showing up on world map display is solved or not.

I cannot believe, two years passed, and not solved yet  ?

The old version was OK, but the new one is like this ?

I used to enjoy watch myself in the map, to see where exactly I am. I am an offline flyer.

But in fact it detects me, my aircraft type, my name,  etc, when "Follow"  is activated , it  centers me in the screen and follows me up. But only the aircraft icon is missing...

Archived