Our aircraft in P3D v5

Mathijs Kok

Thanks - same result, so I'll wait for the official installer. A friend who installed the 330 and old DC8 in V5 said he had encountered a similar issues, so sounds like a more general problem. Thanks for all the great work on these models. 🙂

Bernie

6 minutes ago, BernieG said:

Thanks - same result, so I'll wait for the official installer. A friend who installed the 330 and old DC8 in V5 said he had encountered a similar issues, so sounds like a more general problem. Thanks for all the great work on these models. 🙂

Bernie

Most welcome Bernie.  Hang in there, lots and LOTS of work going for V5 on most every hour of the day.

Very happy to. You folks always deliver. Great products and support - unlike another airbus sim company that shall remain nameless. Just for the record, whilst it was working  the A320 in P3D V5 was the smoothest I have  ever experienced and looked fantastic. I look forward to the update.

Hi.

Is it a good time to install v5 yet?  I downloaded Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.34709 and I wonder if I should wait for any updates and more importantly an Aerosoft a320 is updated?  (I'm assuming the Aerosoft aircraft need updates for v5)

I was advised to use https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/ , but there aren't many changes to the addons, apparently!

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

Hi.

Is it a good time to install v5 yet?  I downloaded Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.21.34709 and I wonder if I should wait for any updates and more importantly an Aerosoft a320 is updated?  (I'm assuming the Aerosoft aircraft need updates for v5)

I was advised to use https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/ , but there aren't many changes to the addons, apparently!

Gaz

Here's some thoughts to help you decide:

• Install what you downloaded now, because you're going to want to tweak your settings to suit and you'll get a head start on that as new add-ons become available. If you're anything like the vast majority of users so far, you'll be pleasantly surprised/amazed/stunned at the frame rate improvements. With an 11GB video card, you'll really be happy with how far to the right you can set your sliders compared to 4.x and still get good frames and smoothness.
  • Wait for the first hot fix expected next week, then install and do as above.
  • Wait for weeks/months hoping for a perfect "dot" update. Considering that after close to two years there are still new updates to 4.x, IMO you'll never get there.

Whatever you do, don't waste your time trying to trick v4.x versions (or earlier) to work in v5. That works for some and CTDs or worse for others, with no way to tell what you'll get.

For what it's worth, after seeing the initial reports by regular users (this video pushed me over the line), I took the first path, knowing there would be updates along in due course, but also hoping I'd immediately like what I saw. I was right and already getting a more satisfying experience than with 4.5HF2.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe how long it takes to make the Airbus aircrafts compatible with P3D v5. I also can't understand why Aerosoft publishes an update for the A318/319 on the 29th of April while people are waiting for the v5-compatibility since more than 2 weeks.

It is the obligatory job of Aerosoft to react to software updates quickly and not a favour to its customers. We paid money for the aircrafts (by the way, according to the misleading Aerosoft description, A330 is compatible with 4.5+, which theoeretically includes v5) and I am really disappointed that I can't fly since more than 2 weeks. Unfortunately, there are no alternatives on the market, otherwise Aerosoft would have lost a lot of customers.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, mustangcoyote said:

I can't believe how long it takes to make the Airbus aircrafts compatible with P3D v5. I also can't understand why Aerosoft publishes an update for the A318/319 on the 29th of April while people are waiting for the v5-compatibility since more than 2 weeks.

It is the obligatory job of Aerosoft to react to software updates quickly and not a favour to its customers. We paid money for the aircrafts (by the way, according to the misleading Aerosoft description, A330 is compatible with 4.5+, which theoeretically includes v5) and I am really disappointed that I can't fly since more than 2 weeks. Unfortunately, there are no alternatives on the market, otherwise Aerosoft would have lost a lot of customers.

You, my friend, have no idea about software development.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

vor 4 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

You, my friend, have no idea about software development.

You are absolutely right. But I can express the feelings of a customer and that should count.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, mustangcoyote said:

You are absolutely right. But I can express the feelings of a customer and that should count.

Should count as what? Shall we release an unfinished product which keeps crashing? I bet *then* you would express quite some different feelings.
As it has been said a thousand times: P3Dv5 is not simply an updated v4.

It's a new simulator with significant changes.
If you are able to convert any product to the new sim within a matter of days Aerosoft will gladly hire you. You would probably become the lead developer in a matter of days.

Now look at other complex aircraft addons. Tell me a single complex airliner which is fully compatible already.
PMDG? No

FSL? Nope
Leonardo? Njet

Now take a guess why.

Of course Aerosoft can hire some extra developers to speed up development. Can I send that 50.000€ bill to your E-Mail address?

There's a saying in software development: You want good, fast and cheap? Pick two.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Vor 1 Stunde, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Should count as what? Shall we release an unfinished product which keeps crashing? I bet *then* you would express quite some different feelings.

If you are able to convert any product to the new sim within a matter of days Aerosoft will gladly hire you. You would probably become the lead developer in a matter of days.

Now look at other complex aircraft addons. Tell me a single complex airliner which is fully compatible already.
PMDG? No

FSL? Nope
Leonardo? Njet

Now take a guess why.

Of course Aerosoft can hire some extra developers to speed up development. Can I send that 50.000€ bill to your E-Mail address?

There's a saying in software development: You want good, fast and cheap? Pick two.

Maybe its a new simulator. But then I wonder, why there are so many airports and small aircrafts for v5 already available in the Aerosoft online shop and from other providers. But as you said, I have no idea about software development...

vor 3 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

PMDG? No

FSL? Nope
Leonardo? Njet

Now take a guess why.

And by the way, Mr. Hagen, you might have a great idea of software development. But the way you are dealing with an unsatisfied customer is definitely not state of the art and puts the company, you are representing in that moment, in a bad light.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, mustangcoyote said:

Maybe its a new simulator. But then I wonder, why there are so many airports and small aircrafts for v5 already available in the Aerosoft online shop and from other providers. But as you said, I have no idea about software development...

Because airports have no systems. And small aircraft don't have complex systems. Especially Carenado, Alabeo, etc. are just default system with nicer looks.

51 minutes ago, mustangcoyote said:

And by the way, Mr. Hagen, you might have a great idea of software development. But the way you are dealing with an unsatisfied customer is definitely not state of the art and puts the company, you are representing in that moment, in a bad light.

I'm not an Aerosoft employee. Only a volunteering pilot, trying to help the flight sim community.

I wrote my post in the same stlye you wrote yours. Try to reflect on it. As we say in Germany. "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es aus diesem hinaus".

If you want a nice answer I suggest you to write in a nice tone next time.

How do you believe those people who invest 10+ hours every day into getting things compatible feel if they read post like your "I can't believe......., It is obligatory........"?

Write in a nice tone and I'll answer in one. Write like an ass and I'll be an ass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

vor 5 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Because airports have no systems. And small aircraft don't have complex systems. Especially Carenado, Alabeo, etc. are just default system with nicer looks.

I'm not an Aerosoft employee. Only a volunteering pilot, trying to help the flight sim community.

I wrote my post in the same stlye you wrote yours. Try to reflect on it. As we say in Germany. "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es aus diesem hinaus".

If you want a nice answer I suggest you to write in a nice tone next time.

How do you believe those people who invest 10+ hours every day into getting things compatible feel if they read post like your "I can't believe......., It is obligatory........"?

Write in a nice tone and I'll answer in one. Write like an ass and I'll be an ass.

My posting was not friendly and it was also not my intention to be friendly, because I was annoyed. But it is definitely no reason to tolerate offences from someone like you. You wrote "shall we release", which implies that you speak for Aerosoft. Best example of "Kompetenzüberschreitung".

And as we say in Germany: "Aufgeblasenheit ist der zuverlässigste Schwimmgürtel im Strom des Lebens."

Alles Gute!

11 minutes ago, mustangcoyote said:

My posting was not friendly and it was also not my intention to be friendly, because I was annoyed. But it is definitely no reason to tolerate offences from someone like you. You wrote "shall we release", which implies that you speak for Aerosoft. Best example of "Kompetenzüberschreitung".

And as we say in Germany: "Aufgeblasenheit ist der zuverlässigste Schwimmgürtel im Strom des Lebens."

Alles Gute!

I have sat by and watched this thread, hoping some contemplation of Emanuel's excellent explanation would lead to some education and understanding.  Based on mustangcoyote's responses, especially the last one, I no longer hold any hope of this. 

I've placed mustangcoyote's account under moderation.  We simply have no time for this type of nonsense.

And... I am a member of of the Aerosoft Corporate team with 14 years in customer relations including as a vice president for a Fortune 100 company, so I do understand customer relations and as a parent, I understand setting an example.  We are happy to educate, but we'll not put up with this, not in our house.

Best wishes.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, mustangcoyote sagte:

Hier ist nur einer aufgeblasen: Nämlich der, der von Leuten, die ohnehin schon am Limit arbeiten, verlangt, dass sie schneller machen, damit er sein kostenfreies Update bekommt.

Technical reasoning: The A318/A319 update was a gauge and systems update which was in testing since before the release of v5. For the P3D v5 update, additional work (textures, effects, 8.33kHz support etc.) is required. On top of that, the initial version of P3D v5 proved to be quite buggy which doesn't make things easier.

And now, sit down, get some tea (or valium) and wait until the updates are ready!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6