Mathijs Kok

Our aircraft in P3D v5

18 hours ago, trejare said:

the twin otter extended is compatible for V5 ?

I have not been in all corners, but I am flying it now and looks like ity use to.

Installed the normal way, just choosing v5 directory

Sorry, work is still in progress. but there is some stuff to change and a few hundred hours of tests to do.

Do you have a time scale for the A318/319? I don't know whether to reinstall v4 or just wait for it to be compatible.

22 minutes ago, JoshBrownn15 said:

Do you have a time scale for the A318/319? I don't know whether to reinstall v4 or just wait for it to be compatible.

Josh,

There is no reason, save for the amount of free space you may or may not have available on your hard drive, that you can't install both P3Dv4 and v5.  However as Mathijs said, we have several hundred hours of testing before we can release an installer for P3Dv5.  Now, that testing is split up among a number of testers, but we can't forecast what problems we might find (if any) and how long it will take to resolve them, so not only an impossible question to answer it's also a loaded question.

Sorry we can't provide more information, but if we don't have it we can't provide it my friend.

Best wishes!

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Josh,

There is no reason, save for the amount of free space you may or may not have available on your hard drive, that you can't install both P3Dv4 and v5.  However as Mathijs said, we have several hundred hours of testing before we can release an installer for P3Dv5.  Now, that testing is split up among a number of testers, but we can't forecast what problems we might find (if any) and how long it will take to resolve them, so not only an impossible question to answer it's also a loaded question.

Sorry we can't provide more information, but if we don't have it we can't provide it my friend.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate this information - thanks for letting me know!
All the best.

It is very hard to give exact timelines at this moment.  Almost all lighting will have to be tweaked, we want to add the new options of the sim (like 8.33kHz radios support) and it needs to be fully recompiled to make sure it is as fast as possible, recompiling all models on it's own take two days. We never do simply drop in ports, not our style. Somewhere next week we will know far better how much time that takes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is very hard to give exact timelines at this moment.  Almost all lighting will have to be tweaked, we want to add the new options of the sim (like 8.33kHz radios support) and it needs to be fully recompiled to make sure it is as fast as possible, recompiling all models on it's own take two days. We never do simply drop in ports, not our style. Somewhere next week we will know far better how much time that takes.

Thanks for letting me know and I appreciate all the hard work :)

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thank you for response

On 4/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

And the A330-300:

A333_P3Dv5_2.PNG

Disclaimers:
1) These screenshots show a beta version of P3D v5. The NDA has been lifted, so we're allowed to show them. However, it might not be the actual final version that's going to be released on the 14th.

2) These screenshots were made on my PC. I don't really care about looks. The only thing that interests me, is the loading time. So, no weather, no extra scenery and otherwise default settings. I'm sure P3D v5 can me made look better quite easily.

Why Hans has the 330 on p3d v5 whereas I crash when i load the scenario with the 330 

29 minutes ago, alexisbalto said:

Why Hans has the 330 on p3d v5 whereas I crash when i load the scenario with the 330 

I don't get such a crash. There are plenty of reasons why it's not compatible yet, but a crash is not one of them. At least on my system.

vor 48 Minuten, alexisbalto sagte:

That's because I made these screenshots after updating ASC.dll - that's not available to the public yet.

I made a little video of the 8.33kHz COM radios. Fully supported by the simulator (I'm not sure if they work for VATSIM without further changes on their side, but I guess they're working on that anyway).

• Like 2

Good news! 

Another question Hans. Do you know the VRAM used with CRJ PRO on the V5? Because, when I launch the V5, i have only 5gb of GPU memory, and for the moment with ORBX, and basic aircraft, I used 2.5gb of my 5 gb avalaible on P3D.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, nickhoffman2020 said:

Any update on compatibility with the Aerosoft Airbus Professional A320 and A330. Tried installing them both from v4 and i got a Transfer Error ( P3DPATH ). Dont know if thats because its not working with v5 or i have to wait for a update. 

this is the same error i get on a fresh p3d v5 machine, i bought the a330 from fsps store because it was discounted. i was dissapointed when it didn't work, i was expecting to be flying this weekend. fselight needs to change from working to not working.

vor 2 Stunden , Alex Nicolle sagte:

Good news! 

Another question Hans. Do you know the VRAM used with CRJ PRO on the V5? Because, when I launch the V5, i have only 5gb of GPU memory, and for the moment with ORBX, and basic aircraft, I used 2.5gb of my 5 gb avalaible on P3D.

The model I use is not the final one for v5. I made a before-after comparison with a more or less clean v5. Graphics card is a RTX 2080ti with 11GB VRAM with 2x 4K monitors (2x3840x2160). P3D is running in windowed mode on the second screen.

With Carenado AC Commander (Default aircraft): 8443 MB

With CRJ-700: 9150 MB

So theoretically 707 MB

The VRAM issue is known to Lockheed and being worked on btw.

vor 2 Stunden , Frank Docter sagte:

3 pots of coffee you said?

I might have miscounted. Could also been 4 or 5 :D

hello so I have the Airbus A319 and was wondering how do I get it on to P3d V5?? 

1 hour ago, woodzzy96 said:

hello so I have the Airbus A319 and was wondering how do I get it on to P3d V5?? 

You wait, it's all this conversation is about. Just read what's immediately above your question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, woodzzy96 said:

4 hours ago, JarredP said:

You wait, it's all this conversation is about. Just read what's immediately above your question.

Or start a little farther up the page as here. Or better yet, try reading the entire thread, where you'll get more background and some pictures to show you what to look forward to:

Aerosoft Devs please take your time updating the  planes, better to get an Awesome Product than one tomorrow with lot of bugs.

In addition, there is still no real weather for v5

Can not rush

Hi,

Great news about P3D v5, but I seem to have an issue with my Airbus A320 Pro (any version it  and latest updated version though Aerosoft Updater).

Initially it worked fine in P3D v5 with either discovery path or as an added package with Addon Organizer. Frame rates were outstanding at around 75 with full ORBX scenery. However, on third attempt to load the sim hangs after the scenario load button is pressed. No loading bar appears, just the blue mini wheel then the sim crashes. Every other (non-aerosoft) aircraft add-on continues  to work and reinstalling the airbus in P3D or updating doesn't help. A complete fresh reinstall of P3D v5 worked but then the same problem returned after a few uses. Anyone else had similar issues?

Regards

Bernie 

25 minutes ago, BernieG said:

Hi,

Great news about P3D v5, but I seem to have an issue with my Airbus A320 Pro (any version it  and latest updated version though Aerosoft Updater).

Initially it worked fine in P3D v5 with either discovery path or as an added package with Addon Organizer. Frame rates were outstanding at around 75 with full ORBX scenery. However, on third attempt to load the sim hangs after the scenario load button is pressed. No loading bar appears, just the blue mini wheel then the sim crashes. Every other (non-aerosoft) aircraft add-on continues  to work and reinstalling the airbus in P3D or updating doesn't help. A complete fresh reinstall of P3D v5 worked but then the same problem returned after a few uses. Anyone else had similar issues?

Regards

Bernie 

Please do not turn this topic in a support topic. Do not use the Bus in P3Dv5 until a compatible version has been released.

24 minutes ago, BernieG said:

Hi,

Regards

Bernie 

Using our v4 product is v5 is pretty much at your own risk.  One thing you can try is loading into the airport in a default aircrash (lol) and then switching to the Airbus.  If that doesn't help then it would be best to wait for the V5 installer.

Best wishes  Bernie!