Mathijs Kok

Our aircraft in P3D v5

To avoid a kazillion topics about this and that is compatible with the great new sim (see this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BolhRK0tbMc) we are bundling it here.

While we still have to wait for the final sim to test, we can now say that we have found very few problems with aircraft. As there is only very limited work needed we do not anticipate any update fees. 

• Like 3

Here's the CRJ Pro in P3D v5 (at default EDDF). Sorry for the huge pics.... I'm a proud 4K user ;)

CRJ550_P3Dv5_1.PNG

CRJ550_P3Dv5_2.PNG

• Like 5

And the A330-300:

A333_P3Dv5_1.PNG

A333_P3Dv5_2.PNG

Disclaimers:
1) These screenshots show a beta version of P3D v5. The NDA has been lifted, so we're allowed to show them. However, it might not be the actual final version that's going to be released on the 14th.

2) These screenshots were made on my PC. I don't really care about looks. The only thing that interests me, is the loading time. So, no weather, no extra scenery and otherwise default settings. I'm sure P3D v5 can me made look better quite easily.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

And here some more image with different lights on as I am checking the winds on my route to Stockholm.

2020-4-8_20-19-43-555.jpg

2020-4-8_20-20-5-35.jpg

2020-4-8_20-19-57-82.jpg

2020-4-8_20-20-11-296.jpg

Do see them in full resolution by clicking on them.

• Like 3

Is there anything you can say about FPS compared to v4.5? According to LM it would be better with the introduction of DirectX12. I know FPS is not everything, but interested to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Er!k said:

Is there anything you can say about FPS compared to v4.5? According to LM it would be better with the introduction of DirectX12. I know FPS is not everything, but interested to see.

FPS is indeed not everything.  Smoothness is way, way more important.  And to that point, FSDreamteam's short video at KORD and comments *seem* to indicate that v5 is smoother, so we'll see. 

Reports by testers also say you can get better visuals at a given framerate.  That isn't particularly enlightening to me, but I'll know soon enough.  I'm more interested in core loads as to the cpu, as well as the gpu and vidmem usage. 

It's impossible to compare the two without reinstalling everything. You can only compare clean installations on the same machine. As my v4.5 is usually with pretty much every add-on I own and my v5 is clean except for the A330 and CRJ, I can't make any statements about a potential FPS difference

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Er!k said:

Is there anything you can say about FPS compared to v4.5? According to LM it would be better with the introduction of DirectX12.

I can't say anything about the A330 or the CRJ in terms of FPS as I haven't tried to load them in V5.  But I'm seeing about a 2X increase in FPS ... specifically ORBX GB South over London and London City airport, I can run graphics setting considerably higher in V5 and still sustain 30 FPS ... same graphics settings in V4.5 give me 15 FPS.  The shift to DX12 and other performance tuning has been rather dramatic for my setup and in my testing.  

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I can't say anything about the A330 or the CRJ in terms of FPS as I haven't tried to load them in V5.  But I'm seeing about a 2X increase in FPS ... specifically ORBX GB South over London and London City airport, I can run graphics setting considerably higher in V5 and still sustain 30 FPS ... same graphics settings in V4.5 give me 15 FPS.  The shift to DX12 and other performance tuning has been rather dramatic for my setup and in my testing.  

Cheers, Rob.

Amazing news! Seems like we will be getting what we was hoping for for many years. Thank you Rob for all the comparison work and reporting !

Great news has the dynamic lighting been improved frame rate wise?

2 hours ago, keenrw said:

Great news has the dynamic lighting been improved frame rate wise?

That has always been highly depending on how it is used and the hardware. I see in V4 hardly any difference between dynamic lighting on or off. But overall V5 is simply faster and uses the graphics card better. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That has always been highly depending on how it is used and the hardware. I see in V4 hardly any difference between dynamic lighting on or off. But overall V5 is simply faster and uses the graphics card better. 

Great thanks

Hi there

Glad to hear you guys are updating them. Will they be free updates and also, any idea of when they will be released?

As much as possible free (as far as we know know all will be free) and we are working on the full time. 

• Like 4

vor 49 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As much as possible free (as far as we know know all will be free) and we are working on the full time. 

Is there an approximate time we can expect the busses for V5 ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

1 hour ago, Jahn2000 said:

Is there an approximate time we can expect the busses for V5 ?

They are working on it full time. Surely more details will be made available when they come closer to release. There's no point in distracting them with time requirements when their focus is on updating the product. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We can only thank you for this. A sim is only as good as the addons it can run ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the hard work Aerosoft, can't wait to get all the Bus running in P3Dv5!

Stay safe and healthy!

i don't own the a330 yet, i am waiting on the p3d v5 installer announcement before i buy.

I own the older CRJ-700/900 (Not the pro). Is this in the pipeline for upgrade?

• Like 1

Any update on compatibility with the Aerosoft Airbus Professional A320 and A330. Tried installing them both from v4 and i got a Transfer Error ( P3DPATH ). Dont know if thats because its not working with v5 or i have to wait for a update. 

5 hours ago, edakridge said:

I own the older CRJ-700/900 (Not the pro). Is this in the pipeline for upgrade?

No update is planned for the non pro version, sorry. Only the Pro version will be updated.

3 minutes ago, nickhoffman2020 said:

Any update on compatibility with the Aerosoft Airbus Professional A320 and A330. Tried installing them both from v4 and i got a Transfer Error ( P3DPATH ). Dont know if thats because its not working with v5 or i have to wait for a update. 

It will take a bit longer than just a couple days until Aerosoft will be able to make a statement. Have some patience, until then you can still fly it in v4.

1 hour ago, trejare said:

the twin otter extended is compatible for V5 ?

It has not been tested yet. Airbus and CRJ first, then we'll look into other addons. You're welcome to give it a go yourself and report back with your feedback.

• Like 1

Has the F-14X been tried yet or are they waiting for VRS to put out a V5 Tacpack update before testing the fighters?