PREPAR3D v5 compabibility

Capt. PERO

• Developer
vor 49 Minuten, gwjw sagte:
  • Cannot seem to find the process for upgrading from my current version.  Regards.

You can upgrade from SIMstarter NG to SIMstarter NG P3D. The first posts may help you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Peter,

Will SIMstarter NG P3D eventually be available from PC Aviator?  I bought the original version from there so was hoping to buy at the upgrade price.

Best regards,

Dennis

32 minutes ago, RichardSeim said:

Sorry I do understand how buy the uppgrade. Yes I have read the first post and still do not get it?

Please login to display this image.

Check out the product page, there is a tab for upgrade service. See photo attached

• Developer

From my knowledge you can upgrade from ANY former SIMstarter NG serial within the Aerosoft Shop (I need to validate this):

1. Checkout SIMstarter NG P3D
  2. Login with your account (email should match with the email from the initial purchase)
  3. Enter your former Serial (SIMstarter NG) at "Voucher"
  4. See if you get the reduced price
  5. Buy it

vor 2 Stunden , solentflyer sagte:

Hi Peter,

Will SIMstarter NG P3D eventually be available from PC Aviator?  I bought the original version from there so was hoping to buy at the upgrade price.

Best regards,

Dennis

Sorry, I don't know. It will be deployed to a lot of shops. They may need some time. You could try to get the upgrade price in the aerosoft shop.

I bought Simstarter NG from Simmarket on 3/30/20. I asked them about getting the free upgrade(purchased within last 30 days) and they told me that  if it's not in my Simmarket account to download        (it isn't), then I need to contact you guys directly about it.  Can you please tell me what I need to do to get the upgrade. 

Thanks

• Developer
vor 1 hour , thomas747400 sagte:

Hi Captain Pero,

Any plans to implement network support so that the GUI can run on an instructor station in this new version?

Thomas 

Not at the moment. Next big release will focus on enhancing the SceneryManager.

Hi, 

Yesterday I received information about the release of a new version and a free upgrade offer.

But after entering the coupon code I can`t procced to checkout:

Any advice?

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , piohib sagte:

Hi, 

Yesterday I received information about the release of a new version and a free upgrade offer.

But after entering the coupon code I can`t procced to checkout:

[...]

Any advice?

I will ask the shop team.

Hi

No issue here anymore. I was able to get the discount at the check out on Aerosoft site

Just looking to understand what my options to take advantage of the upgrade discount.
I have purchased the SIMstarter thru FSPS store and
as they do not sell the new version I have no option to update at the discounted rate.
My option at the point is to purchase the new version from either Aerosoft or Simmarket at full price.
I would appreciate if you can please let me know what my options are...
Thank you,
Mike

• Developer
vor 1 hour , luv2fly61 sagte:

Hi

No issue here anymore. I was able to get the discount at the check out on Aerosoft site

Just looking to understand what my options to take advantage of the upgrade discount.
I have purchased the SIMstarter thru FSPS store and
as they do not sell the new version I have no option to update at the discounted rate.
My option at the point is to purchase the new version from either Aerosoft or Simmarket at full price.
I would appreciate if you can please let me know what my options are...
Thank you,
Mike

Great!!!

• Developer

[DEUTSCH]

Neues aus der Entwicklung: Der SceneryManager wurde nun komplett überarbeitet und 90% Code ersetzt. Der vorherige war noch FSX basierend und eigentlich nicht nativ für PREPAR3D entwickelt. Das hat sich mit dem neuen geändert. Man sollte einen massiven Performancevorteil der GUI bemerken. So dauert das laden von 644 Szenerieobjekten bisher 13 Sekunden. Mit dem neuen Manager dauert es 1-2 Sekunden (507 Add-On.xml / 137 Scenery.cfg Objekte auf meinem System).

Der neue SceneryManager wird gerade vom BETA Team getestet.

[ENGLISH]

News from the development: The SceneryManager has now been completely revised and 90% of the code has been replaced. The previous one was still FSX based and actually not natively developed for PREPAR3D. This has changed with the new one. You should notice a massive performance advantage of the GUI. For example, loading 644 scenery objects used to take 13 seconds. With the new manager it takes 1-2 seconds (507 Add-On.xml / 137 Scenery.cfg objects on my system).

The new SceneryManager is currently being tested by the BETA Team.

Dear Sirs

As a regular user of Simstarter NG wiyh P3Dv4, I unistall the v4 version and install v5 unfortunatelu

when I try to install sinsterter it doen´t now recognize the version (platform) in such a way I am not able to finish install.

The below link shos the image where I got stuck,

Regards

Reynaldo

22 minutes ago, reyduart said:

Dear Sirs

As a regular user of Simstarter NG wiyh P3Dv4, I unistall the v4 version and install v5 unfortunatelu

when I try to install sinsterter it doen´t now recognize the version (platform) in such a way I am not able to finish install.

The below link shos the image where I got stuck,

Regards

Reynaldo

It's normal you use v1.9.2 of Simstarter and you must use version 2.0.0 rev 175 of SimStarter for P3Dv5.

Check the info here : https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/prepar3d-v4/tools-missions/3064/simstarter-ng-p3d

Regards

Marc

• Developer

Note: Some users of v5 with Hotfix 1 report, that add-on.xml files with missing value in AddOn.Description can cause the Simulator not to load. Good new for you guys: SIMstarter NG P3D saves no Description if the value = NULL. If you are affected, just open the Scenery Manager, modify anything (sort one down and up again) > click "Yes" to save changes which "repairs" all add-on.xml files. Should work... 😉

Moin Pero,

nach dem Update, bzw Neuinstallation des P3Dv5 findet der Simstarter die dll.xml und exe.dll nicht. Das Programm hat unter Programmeinstellunhen die beiden Felder orange unterlegt.

Tatsächlich ist unter Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/P3dv5 auch tatsächlich keine dll hinterlegt.

Kanst du mir da weiterhelfen?

Gruß

Joachim

• Developer

Komisch. Entweder zu legst zwei leere Dateien an oder lässt die 

.\data\userprofiles\P3Dv5\settings.ini

neu anlegen. Spannend, der er die normalerweise anlegt.

Danke Peter, mit dem Löschen der .ini Dateien hat es geklappt.

Simstarter meckert nicht mehr und  läuft jetzt ....

Joachim

• Developer

[DEUTSCH]

Das neue Update wird massive Verbesserungen hervor bringen. Der neue Scenery Manager ist nun nicht nur rasend schnell, er kann auch Szenerien in add-on.xml auslagern, hat ein ordentlicher Fehlermanagement (falls Szenerien doppelt sind), man kann ordentlich filtern usw. Aber auch der Add-On.xml Manager wurde an vielen Stellen überarbeitet. Der SimConfigBackup Manager hat nun eine Sucheingabe, damit es leichter ist, gesicherte Dateien im Backup zu finden. Es macht sehr viel Spaß mit dem neuen Release zu arbeiten. Wir sind mittlerweile schon beim testen der Release Candidates - aber es wird wohl noch ein paar Tage dauern, bis die "Banane nicht mehr grün ist"...

Schönen Sonntag Euch!

[ENGLISH]

The new update will bring massive improvements. The new Scenery Manager is now not only blazing fast, it can also swap sceneries to add-on.xml, has a proper error management (if sceneries are duplicated), you can filter properly etc. But also the Add-On.xml Manager has been reworked in many places. The SimConfigBackup Manager now has a search entry so that it is easier to find backed up files in the backup. It is a lot of fun to work with the new release. We are already testing the Release Candidates - but it will probably take a few days until the "banana is no longer green"...

Have a nice Sunday!

See planned release notes for further information.

• Developer

Many thanks to my outstanding BETA Team. We moved a very big step bringing SIMstarter NG P3D to the next level...

Next stop - "Checklist on Simulator start"...

Archived