A330 stuck at 40K

SeaJunk

Setup a medium haul flight from JFK to LAX at FL380 in the A330 1.0.0.8. Step away for 4 hours and came back to excessive speed and FL400.

Also reported by another user here: 

Reset back to FL380 by toggling ATHR and AP, just like the AFLOOR issue.

Please login to display this image.

Chances are somehow Alpha Floor got activated, maybe a windshift, or something the like. Hard to tell what could have activated it without actually seeing it.

Your issue is different from the one you linked. In the one you linked the user actually selected M.86, which is the redline, manually, thus forcing the Airbus to accelerate all the way into the red line. You didn't.

To add to what Emi said...

We have experienced this issue ourselves and believe this occurs when either the weather engine receives errant data well outside the normal or when turbulence (including clear air turbulence) is triggered by the weather engine.

We have recently made changes to the Airbus to mitigate this issue if caused by turbulence and it will be released in the upcoming update.  If you're using ActiveSky, something else you can do is to change your weather settings. In fact, I've attached a highly realistic weather settings configuration file for ActiveSky which you can use without changing the ActiveSky settings you currently have.  All you have to do is:

Note: 

1. Ensure Windows "Show Hidden Files/Folders" in enabled.

2. Download the "Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1" (below).

3. Copy and paste the "Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.cfg" file to the C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\Options folder.

4. Start ActiveSky, select Options, then select "User Presets", and select "Save Current Options".  This will save your current settings.

5. Re-select "User Presets" and then select the "Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1".

6. Close and restart ActiveSky (necessary anytime you switch between saved settings).

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The ActiveSky configuration settings were developed by me and another experienced pilot over the course of 5 years.  Different areas around the globe have different standard weather behavior, and the settings we recommend are generalized to work around the world and we believe that generally speaking these settings are the most realistic settings for ActiveSky that we've tested, omitting specific area weather phenomenon.  These settings are also used for Connected Flight Deck (CFD) in the Aerosoft Flight Simulation Community.

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.CFG

We also have a Configuration file for HiFi's Active Sky Cloud Art (ASCA) and for ENVTEX weather textures. If you run those programs/graphics then please let me know and I'll provide the Configuration files to you.

I sincerely hope this helps you, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes!

On 4/6/2020 at 9:02 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

We have recently made changes to the Airbus to mitigate this issue if caused by turbulence and it will be released in the upcoming update. 

Will said update be applied to the A320 family as these also suffer from the same issues ?

Regards

16 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Will said update be applied to the A320 family as these also suffer from the same issues ?

Regards

I don't know, however I have not seen a single report of this with the smaller buses over many years nor have I experienced this with the smaller buses, and I likely have x2 to x4 the mumber of flights than any of our customers.

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I don't know, however I have not seen a single report of this with the smaller buses over many years nor have I experienced this with the smaller buses, and I likely have x2 to x4 the mumber of flights than any of our customers.

A quick 5 minute look found this, not 'totally' identical perhaps, but you get the picture? 

Regards 

2 hours ago, garydpoole said:

A quick 5 minute look found this, not 'totally' identical perhaps, but you get the picture? 

Regards 

Yeah, as I recall that was a frame rate issue,  not the same issue.

If you're having an issue, it would be great if you would create a new thread and provide as much information about the issue as you can and we'll be very happy to look at it.

Best wishes

Archived