Can't Update from v1.23 to v2.03

Hello,

I've had PFPX v1.23 installed for a while and haven't used it for some months.  I'm now trying to update it to v2.03 but it remains showing v1.23 and that a new update is available.

Any suggestions please.

Many thanks,

Guy

9 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Have you installed v2.03 already ?

Yes,

Used the Registration Key I had for 1.23 and now trying to run 2.03.... but I'm just getting the 'spinning wheel' while it's thinking about something?

Guy

Now it's saying I have too many copies for the license...!!!

You'll need FlightsimSoft to reset the key, submit a ticket with the request HERE

Whilst awaiting the reset do a clean install.

Backup the entire C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder

Uninstall PFPX v2 from the start menu entry.

Uninstall PFPX  v1 through the control panel programs & features

Delete :\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder

ONLY IF CONFIDENT delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX registration key if it remains.

Ensure that you have the latest vcredist files installed from HERE

If using a 64bit system install both x86 and x64 options.

Re-install PFPX with the full v2.03 installer activating once again when the license is reset.

Re-install your AIRAC ( if necessary copy from your backup navdata.nav and cycle/cycle_info.txt to :\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData )

Restore ONLY  'REQUIRED' data from your backup as required .

• 10 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old topic. Since updating to 2.04 I have to keep resetting windows positions and it's getting tiring. Quite why they can't be saved is a mystery.

I would uninstall and start afresh but I cannot find my registration code. I'm very organised so don't understand why I can't find it. You would think it would be present from inside PFPX but it isn't. I have the TopCat one but not PFPX.

So until I can locate my key (I have the receipt from 2013) I'm stuck. Any help appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sorry to resurrect an old topic. Since updating to 2.04 I have to keep resetting windows positions and it's getting tiring. Quite why they can't be saved is a mystery.

I would uninstall and start afresh but I cannot find my registration code. I'm very organised so don't understand why I can't find it. You would think it would be present from inside PFPX but it isn't. I have the TopCat one but not PFPX.

So until I can locate my key (I have the receipt from 2013) I'm stuck. Any help appreciated.

Does this link help Ray: Activation Key

1 minute ago, srcooke said:

Does this link help Ray: Activation Key

Thanks Stephen. Just found it and sent a request. All my codes were sent in an email except the one for PFPX. I bought it from PC Aviator rather than direct. Would that make a difference? Nothing about a reg code in my PC Aviator emails.

Panic over. I logged on to my PC Aviator account and found the order details which includes the reg code. Now safely stored away. Phew!

For some odd reason they never included it in the email sent when I purchased the software.

Archived