D3D10Warp.dll error

kian3454

Thanks for clarification mopperle.

I was using Navigraph's own description of their update "Fix: Failure to authenticate account (frequent re-login incorrectly needed)" in their release notes for Simlink 1.1.14.0524 - and should have been more clear that I was referring to having to login to my Navigraph account through their own pop up window (not through the Aerosoft Configurator) during flight  - which appears to be fixed now. Incidentally, I was also just reading your post from Apr 8th "Errors when choosing Navigraph" for assistance regarding the EFB messages! Thanks for that.

I now understand from your response that the CTDs are not connected to the red error messages on the EFB.

As a further note, I did successfully complete a 2nd repeat LFPG-KBOS flight this AM.

Cheers

Tom

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have what I hope is a positive update. I revisited my C++ redistributables list to check once more for updated versions and decided to re-download and install them again. This updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable to Version 8.0.59193.0. Having done this before, I thought I had all the most recent versions - but apparently not. I also uninstalled REX Environment Force. Now it was installed but not being used in the sim, so I completely uninstalled it in any case.

I have since completed four flights successfully so far, without any CTDs.

I have re-listed my redistributables below in case it is of any use to anyone else experiencing the same problem.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.59193.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.61001.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - (Version Data: 8.0.61000.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - (Version Data: 8.0.59192.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.21022 - (Version Data: 9.0.21022.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 - (Version Data: 9.0.21022.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.40664 - (Version Data: 12.0.40664.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.40664 - (Version Data: 12.0.40664.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.40664 - (Version Data: 12.0.40664.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.40664 - (Version Data: 12.0.40664.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Additional Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Minimum Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Additional Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)

Thanks again for everyone's support - both Aerosoft and forum contributors.

Tom

Hi,

I have been following this topic as I too have been suffering from intermittent .NET runtime termination followed by a D3D10Warp.dll fault and P3D crash to Desktop when flying the A330.  

Are all these C++ Redistributable and Runtime  packages listed by @tommaGT required by the Airbus Professional software? Or are some of them installed by other add-ons?

Which begs the question, why the heck are we in a position where P3D add-on developers are developing against 6 different C++ versions?

Or have I misunderstood this completely...

Thanks,

Dave.

49 minutes ago, djspatrick said:

Hi,

I have been following this topic as I too have been suffering from intermittent .NET runtime termination followed by a D3D10Warp.dll fault and P3D crash to Desktop when flying the A330.  

Are all these C++ Redistributable and Runtime  packages listed by @tommaGT required by the Airbus Professional software? Or are some of them installed by other add-ons?

Which begs the question, why the heck are we in a position where P3D add-on developers are developing against 6 different C++ versions?

Or have I misunderstood this completely...

Thanks,

Dave.

As mentioned in this topic.

Each version of C++ does different things, the newer versions do not supersede the previous.

All have different functions, and all may be required to run software.

These runtimes are not native to windows, they do not come as part of a windows installation, and must be installed separately, most of the time, they get installed via other software, such as addons for the sim, or other games. They trigger the install of the runtime, if the installer doesn’t find it present in the system.

Having all of them may certainly help, so if you have yet to do so, get them installed, at the end of the day, what harm is it going to do?

Also, I’d recommend running the .Net fix tool from Microsoft.

I think a combination of installing all runtimes, running the .net fix tool, and running a system file check, could help fix the issue.

• Aerosoft

Ohh sorry, this was about 4.5 not 5. 

I discussed this with a Microsoft representative and they pointed out this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-d3d10warpdll-file-need-help-win-7/b7ee055c-bfe2-44c3-8614-fb0ea4a8e59e

Thanks for sharing this Mathijs.

I have now had this same CTD now three times. And for nothing, I cannot even update the file should it be corrupt.

I have even tried installing over the DirectX12 and it says that the latest files are already installed.

Hopefully there is a fix soon because I would like to fly my 330 unhindered.

Regards,

19 minutes ago, Caribbean_Redz said:

Thanks for sharing this Mathijs.

I have now had this same CTD now three times. And for nothing, I cannot even update the file should it be corrupt.

I have even tried installing over the DirectX12 and it says that the latest files are already installed.

Hopefully there is a fix soon because I would like to fly my 330 unhindered.

Regards,

I have worked with several people who suffered from this problem, and if they have tried the link that Mathijs provided then the only option is to either:

1. Contact Microsoft Tech Support in your country, tell them what you've tried (give them the link Mathijs provided), and see if they can assist you.

2. With #1 (above) in mind, I don't know a single person who Microsoft Tech Support was able to help with this issue, and the only way they were able to resolve this was by reinstalling Windows.

Why can't it be resolved?  Basically DirectX is installed to a protected area, these days it's installed and updated via Windows and can't be reinstalled by a customer, and if it's overwritten by older version that only affects some files (like the one that tells DirectX and Windows update which version is installed) are not changed then a newer DirectX installer thinks the latest version is installed... when it really isn't.  

Again, there is only so much MS can do without reinstalling Windows, and my advice is if you've already tried the steps in the link Mathijs provided then save yourself time and backup your important files, get the latest Windows 10 installer on a thumb drive, wipe your disk, and reinstall Windows.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I truly am.  But this will save you time.

Best wishes!

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Since (re)installing the C++ redistributables in my earlier post, I have now successfully flown another 6 flights without issue. 

Tom

8 hours ago, tommaGT said:

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Since (re)installing the C++ redistributables in my earlier post, I have now successfully flown another 6 flights without issue. 

Tom

Sorry May I know where can I find all version of C++ ? thank you so much and have a nice day!

I started with downloading and installing the redistributables one by one from the following Microsoft site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. However, after doing this and comparing to other lists of redistributables (specifically the C++ 2005 version), I noted that some of my versions were still not up to date. After some research, I found some commentary from various forums that Microsoft does not always make available or is slow to update their lists for all of the latest redistributable updates on its own download site.

I ended up downloading the 'All Visual Studio C++ Runtimes' pack (updated May 2020) from Techspot and ran the installer to update all of them in one go. The link is here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6776-visual-c-redistributable-package.html. I don't typically download from non-source sites and was initially hesitant to download from here, but after some more research found that Techspot is rated as a reliable download source and the package contains genuine MS redistributables and batch file to run them in succession. I also scanned the downloaded package as an extra precaution. It was after this update, that I have not been experiencing any CTDs (so far!). Note that, although unrelated,  I also completely uninstalled Rex Environment Force (although I have never run it with my sim for a long time) - so if you have this software, you may want to try uninstalling this also.

While this worked for me, if you decide to do download and update the redistributables from Techspot, please do so completely at your own risk as every system is different and you need to be comfortable with the process.

If you do decide to update your redistributables, I recommend running the following log generation tool provided by Aerosoft (saving the output file) before and then again after to compare what has changed: https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=145625

Good luck and if anyone knows any additional information or corrections to my assumptions, please do so.

Thanks

Tom

Bad news I'm afraid. Taxiing out with A330 , experienced D3D10Warp.dll CTD. I truly though I had this one solved. Oh well. Based on remaining advice in this thread, I guess it looks like the only fix is an OS reinstall. I personally will not be doing that at this time as everything else on my system is working perfectly. I may do it before installing P3Dv5 (after it stabilizes).

Good luck all and I will keep watching for any other updates.

Tom

37 minutes ago, tommaGT said:

Bad news I'm afraid. Taxiing out with A330 , experienced D3D10Warp.dll CTD. I truly though I had this one solved. Oh well. Based on remaining advice in this thread, I guess it looks like the only fix is an OS reinstall. I personally will not be doing that at this time as everything else on my system is working perfectly. I may do it before installing P3Dv5 (after it stabilizes).

Good luck all and I will keep watching for any other updates.

Tom

Sorry to hear that, but given the type of issue this is I knew it wasn't resolved (though I do believe in miracles!).

Since you're going to do a Windows install, and if you're using a non-SSD hard drive, please ensure that you do a low level format of your hard disk that you'll be installing windows to.  It will save you heartache in the future.

Best wishes my friend.  Looking forward to your getting back online soon!  Please come and update us?

Thanks Dave. I will let you know if/when I complete my reinstall, but it will not be for a few weeks or months as I would only be doing this (if at all) for the purpose of installing P3Dv5 - when it has stabilized more. Everything currently on my system and simulator continues to work perfectly apart from the A330 and so I don't have the time to run through such a disruptive process (reinstalling OS,  P3Dv4.5, addons etc) to fix this single isolated issue.

I realize this is my decision and will impact my ability to fly the A330. If other things (at least one other thing!) were not working correctly, then this would help me justify a reinstall. However, I have been running my setup for a very long time without any other issues.

While being disappointed at the same time I do appreciate the ongoing attempts both Aerosoft and the community have made to resolve the problem. 

Cheers

Tom

55 minutes ago, tommaGT said:

Thanks Dave. I will let you know if/when I complete my reinstall, but it will not be for a few weeks or months as I would only be doing this (if at all) for the purpose of installing P3Dv5 - when it has stabilized more. Everything currently on my system and simulator continues to work perfectly apart from the A330 and so I don't have the time to run through such a disruptive process (reinstalling OS,  P3Dv4.5, addons etc) to fix this single isolated issue.

I realize this is my decision and will impact my ability to fly the A330. If other things (at least one other thing!) were not working correctly, then this would help me justify a reinstall. However, I have been running my setup for a very long time without any other issues.

While being disappointed at the same time I do appreciate the ongoing attempts both Aerosoft and the community have made to resolve the problem. 

Cheers

Tom

Hey Tom,

Sorry to hear that, that truly sucks.  I'm too lazy to go through the entire thread, but do you have Force ECAM Rendering checked?  I reinstalled my entire OS and still had issues (not D3D10Warp.dll, but ntdll.dll) until I checked this off.

Cheers,

Daniel

Thanks for this suggestion, Daniel. I recall seeing this in the thread now that you mention it. I will try it now.

Cheers

Tom

No problem, Dave. I was focused on trying the redistributables updates first based on earlier recommendations in the thread and thought I was making some progress with it until the CTD today. I have just successfully completed a brief A330 flight with ECAM Rendering unchecked. Will test further over 10+ flights and report back. 

Cheers

Tom

Quick update. I have completed 10 more A330 flights without any CTDs, since my last post and after unchecking ECAM rendering. 

Cheers

Tom

1 hour ago, tommaGT said:

Quick update. I have completed 10 more A330 flights without any CTDs, since my last post and after unchecking ECAM rendering. 

Cheers

Tom

Happy to hear!

Archived