D3D10Warp.dll error

kian3454

On 4/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I want you to know that in the end, you may well have to reinstall Windows and everything else to resolve this issue, so (pardon the pun) be Prepar3d for that.  If you don't want to deal with MS support, then just get started on the fresh install now my friend, it may say you time and heartache if you do that, but I would at least try to give MS a shot.

Okay... I did exactly as Dave suggested;

I spent OVER A WEEK with over 15 Microsoft Virtual Agents (including Level 2 guys), and TOTALLY reinstalled Windows 10, after trying EVERYTHING with them to get D3D10Warp.dll to register (which it wouldn't no matter how many repairs, restores, or in-place reinstalls we did).  I stated my problem, insisted that they fix it (and not Lockheed Martin or Aerosoft) - I have been relentless with them, and had them remote in and execute everything (that they could) so that it was done to their satisfaction.  I even worked with tech support for my hardware (ASUS, motherboard, etc.) to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue.

Now I have P3Dv4.5 (downloaded and installed today, 2020-05-06) and the Aerosoft A330 Professional Installed and nothing else at all.  The only other thing was that I installed Simconnect from every folder in the P3D4/Redist I could.

I also took Otto's (mopperle) advice and installed to a folder outside Program files, so that now it's C:\Prepar3D v4.

I closed down Windows Defender for every install, as well.

So...

When trying to use CMD to reregister D3D10Warp.dll I get the EXACT SAME ERROR MESSAGE.  So that does not bode well, I'm thinking...

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do keep us updated, these kinds of problems totally suck and it would be good if we could track down what is wrong.

I have a completely virgin install - now might be the time to ask me to dig into my system, if we're ever going to get to the bottom of this issue. 

I am willing to let you guinea pig my system, if it helps.  I will do nothing more to it until I you say, and you're free to even remote in and poke around, if that helps.

Please let me know what I can do to help,

Daniel

p.s. DXdiag and ASVersionInfo outputs attached.

AS_Version_Output.TXT DxDiag.txt

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

So...

When trying to use CMD to reregister D3D10Warp.dll I get the EXACT SAME ERROR MESSAGE

The only question I can think to ask... why are you re-registering D3D10Warp.dll if you just reinstalled Windows 10?  That should not be necessary unless the D3D10Warp.dll is corrupted, and it should not be corrupted with a virgin Windows 10 installation.

Forgive me, but this just doesn't make any sense.  I feel very certain there is nothing else we could possibly offer you except that I believe it's time that you consider physically take your computer to someone who is certified to fix computers.

Even so, I will ask our in-house technical support person to drop by this thread and give you his impression on what you should do.  His username is Tom A320 and he is not only VERY qualified, he's a wonderful person.  Whatever he recommends is what you should do.

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Even so, I will ask our in-house technical support person to drop by this thread and give you his impression on what you should do.  His username is Tom A320 and he is not only VERY qualified, he's a wonderful person.  Whatever he recommends is what you should do.

I look forward to his involvement, thanks.  I will do whatever he recommends.

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Forgive me, but this just doesn't make any sense.  I feel very certain there is nothing else we could possibly offer you except that I believe it's time that you consider physically take your computer to someone who is certified to fix computers.

Great idea; I just don't know of any open at the moment.  Doesn't make ANY sense to me either... but there are a few of us who are experiencing it, so it's not be unique to my computer.

16 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The only question I can think to ask... why are you re-registering D3D10Warp.dll if you just reinstalled Windows 10?  

D3D10Warp.dll the only thing I've ever had as an indication of the issue, and that's the indication metric I have of a corrupted D3D10Warp.dll.  I've got nothing else to go on - but shouldn't it register properly on a working system?  And if yes, and it doesn't on mine, doesn't that indicate it could be the issue?

I've also made it clear to Microsoft that we're not done until I get an uncorrupted D3D10Warp.dll.  I'm going to continue to hound them for answers.  The level 2 technician was puzzled by the D3D10Warp.dll behaviour, and we even tried to replace it with an "uncorrupted" version.  That just made my computer hang on start-up.  So he said he was glad that he could see it for himself, because it was so strange (and obviously not right)... of course you never get the same person again.  Another Level 2 technician will contact me tomorrow, apparently.

At any rate, I'll keep you updated, and maybe the others having this issue too will keep updating this thread?  Surely something will fall into place if we keep at it?

Daniel

• Aerosoft

If you wiped your disk and did a completely standard install of the OS, P3D and the add-on (and nothing more) and get exactly the same error, there can only be one cause of the issue, a hardware problem. There is simply no other logical explanation when all files are new.

And yes, we have seen this issue pop up a few times, but it is always solved when the incorrect files (mainly .net) are replaced by correct ones.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you wiped your disk and did a completely standard install of the OS, P3D and the add-on (and nothing more) and get exactly the same error, there can only be one cause of the issue, a hardware problem. 

Okay, I'm going to have them do it again - something must have gone wrong.  I wouldn't be totally surprised - I worked with 15 people and most of them are obviously not experts in any way shape or form, as they gave me contradictory advice in a regular sequence it's frankly been a total nightmare.  The Level 2 guys seem to know what they're doing, and one is supposed to call me today, so I'll have him advise me and walk me through it.  (Yesterday it was a Level 1 guy, working from explicit instructions, who set up the reinstall).

Failing that, with your assertions that it would otherwise have to be a hardware issue, I will have to wait until we're out of lockdown here and find a technician to service my computer.  I'll bet you it will be one of his most unique assignments ever - please find a hardware issue that only affects one piece of add-on software - but I'm not ruling anything out.

If you could try and answer one thing I would be grateful; do you think the method of trying to register the D3D10Warp.dll (taken from this article on the subject https://appuals.com/fix-corrupted-d3d10warp-dll-file/) is a worthwhile indicator of a successful outcome?

Thanks,

Daniel

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

One thing... did you wipe the disk before reinstalling things? 

Don't think the Agent did that, to be honest.  The install was supposed to do that, they told me.

Daniel

Daniel - regrettably, your experience with MS support was much like the few times I have had to call them. Unless you are fortunate enough to be quickly assigned a competent level 2 person, it is as I described in my earlier post - a torturous experience.

I also find it odd that it would be caused by a hardware issue (but again, I'm not ruling anything out) as there are a few of us experiencing the CTDs but all with different hardware setups - unless we all have a common aspects/faults with our setups. Also, the issue only started occurring for me from March 27. Prior to that I flew the A330 45 times (based on my flight log) without issue since Dec 9 2019 when I purchased the aircraft. I have not made any hardware changes before or after experiencing the CTDs. I did not install or update the sim, addons or other software (other than regular windows updates as required) on or around March 27. Since March 27, the things I tried are outlined in earlier posts.

I'll let you all know if I find out anything more. 

Thanks

Tom

• Deputy Sheriffs

Daniel,

one other thought I haven't read in this topic so far: the "D3D10Warp.dll" belongs to the Direct X 3D graphics system of Windows which builds upon your graphics card driver and card.

Are you on the latest version of the driver for your GTX 970 card? If yes and have this dll crashes happening you can try to get your fingers on an older version the driver and give it a try.

This is just a thought, but in my opinion worth a try.

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Daniel,

one other thought I haven't read in this topic so far: the "D3D10Warp.dll" belongs to the Direct X 3D graphics system of Windows which builds upon your graphics card driver and card.

Are you on the latest version of the driver for your GTX 970 card? If yes and have this dll crashes happening you can try to get your fingers on an older version the driver and give it a try.

This is just a thought, but in my opinion worth a try.

Hi Tom,

Yes, this is a great idea, thanks.  I had the latest drivers (I'm assuming I do now with a new install.)

I'm going to try another full install (with as Mathijs mentions, a full wipe of the drive, if I can figure out how) and if I continue to get errors I will try this, absolutely.

3 hours ago, tommaGT said:

Daniel - regrettably, your experience with MS support was much like the few times I have had to call them. Unless you are fortunate enough to be quickly assigned a competent level 2 person, it is as I described in my earlier post - a torturous experience.

I also find it odd that it would be caused by a hardware issue (but again, I'm not ruling anything out) as there are a few of us experiencing the CTDs but all with different hardware setups - unless we all have a common aspects/faults with our setups. Also, the issue only started occurring for me from March 27. Prior to that I flew the A330 45 times (based on my flight log) without issue since Dec 9 2019 when I purchased the aircraft. I have not made any hardware changes before or after experiencing the CTDs. I did not install or update the sim, addons or other software (other than regular windows updates as required) on or around March 27. Since March 27, the things I tried are outlined in earlier posts.

I'll let you all know if I find out anything more. 

Thanks

Tom

Thanks Tom!  I appreciate that we're having similar issues and keeping each other up to date could provide the breakthrough we need.

What do you think of Tom A320's thought above?  Would the timing of your CTDs coincide with a driver update?

Daniel

My card is a GTX 1080 (8 GB VRAM). My current video driver version is 445.87 (updated from 442.74 around April 16). My last update from 442.59 to 442.74 was around March 20. I have experienced 'D3D10Warp.dll' CTDs and successful flights while running under both drivers - so I don't see any obvious correlation between timing of video driver update and the start of CTDs (March 27) as I flew the A330 6 times without issue between March 20 (after updating to driver 442.74) and March 27, when I experienced the first 'D3D10Warp.dll' CTD.

Thanks

Tom

Okay; drive wiped, new Windows 10 installed from scratch.

P3Dv4.5 installed from newest installers

A330 newest installers

FSUIPC5 latest installers

Activesky and ASCA installed for weather (newest installers)

GSX and GSX Level 2 newest installs

FSDreamteam Airports installed in order to have somewhere to fly to: CYVR, KLAX, PHNL, KJFK (all latest installers)

Just completed one successful flight, and will continue to fly back and forth between these two without adding anything else.  If I get any CTDs I will take Tom A320's advice and start to go back to previous drivers and begin testing again under the same conditions.

Just want to be sure the install looks good so far, so I'm attaching the AS_Version and Dxdiag files.  Would appreciate if someone from the Aerosoft team had a moment to confirm.

Thanks,

Daniel

AS_Version.TXT DxDiag.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Daniel, what I see from your AS_Version.txt:

- C++ 2005 x64 version is missing

- C++ 2008 is completely missing

- C++ 2010 x86 is not uptodate

- C++ 2010 x64 is missing

- C++ 2012 is completely missing

- C++ 2013 is not uptodate

- C++ 2019 x64 is not uptodate

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

Oh, wow.  I thought Windows or the Aerosoft installer would insert everything it needs - my mistake.

I'll add those now.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, many of these things are a standard part of Windows and it is surprising they are not on your system. 

I agree - perhaps the Windows 10 installers are no longer including these? 

8 hours ago, mopperle said:

I think I got them all now?

Simconnect, SDKs and Visual C++ Redistributables
------------------------------------------------
Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client v1.0.20.0 - (Version Data: 1.0.20.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.60905.0 - (Version Data: 10.0.60905.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61242.0 - (Version Data: 10.0.61242.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 - (Version Data: 10.0.61259.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.56336.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.61001.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - (Version Data: 8.0.61000.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.21022 - (Version Data: 9.0.21022.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 - (Version Data: 9.0.21022.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 - (Version Data: 10.0.30319.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 - (Version Data: 10.0.30319.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Additional Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Minimum Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Additional Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.25.28508 - (Version Data: 14.25.28508.0)
Prepar3D v4 Academic Client - (Version Data: 4.5.14.0)
Prepar3D v4 Content - (Version Data: 4.5.14.0)
Prepar3D v4 Scenery - (Version Data: 4.5.13.0)

Thanks,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, looks good now. Why is it so important to have all of them? C++2019 is not the latest version of C++2005. They are all different, with a different functionality. And software you have might for example rely on a special function inluded in C++2012. Maybe you dont have such a software, but you might have next week.

Now that you got all libraries does unfortunaltely not mean that any problems will be solved. Sometimes Windows tends to behave very strange, especially after updates. I for example had for along time a permanently upcoming problem with a multimedia software. I could not solve it with even reinstalling Windows, but it got magically solved with a new PC. So maybe it was a combination of hardware, drivers, OS etc.

And thats the reason why some people always get the same error with the Bus and 98 % of other users dont get it and Aersoft is unable to recreate and solve it.

57 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Yes, looks good now. Why is it so important to have all of them? C++2019 is not the latest version of C++2005. They are all different, with a different functionality. And software you have might for example rely on a special function inluded in C++2012. Maybe you dont have such a software, but you might have next week.

Now that you got all libraries does unfortunaltely not mean that any problems will be solved. Sometimes Windows tends to behave very strange, especially after updates. I for example had for along time a permanently upcoming problem with a multimedia software. I could not solve it with even reinstalling Windows, but it got magically solved with a new PC. So maybe it was a combination of hardware, drivers, OS etc.

And thats the reason why some people always get the same error with the Bus and 98 % of other users dont get it and Aersoft is unable to recreate and solve it.

The thing is, in my case, I never had this bug prior to V 1.3.1.0.

So with the latest update, aerosoft has introduced something, that is asking too much of C++ / D3D10Warp.dll

ergo, the fault lies with the addon.

I'd very much like the previous stable version, as I can now no longer fly this version, without wondering if/when its going to CTD.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Liamr685 said:

ergo, the fault lies with the addon.

Then for sure you can answer my question: Why do I and thousands other not see this error but only a handfull of people?

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

Then for sure you can answer my question: Why do I and thousands other not see this error but only a handfull of people?

At the end of the installation, sometimes a C++ Update/installation is triggered.

Assuming the base installer triggers this, to make sure the database is up-to-date. its entirely possible, that the installation of the airbus, corrupts the file...

Adding to this, if that is not the case, whatever is new, in the latest update, is causing strain on the .dll, resulting in it crashing.
Maybe something to do with the efb? i dont know.

The problems started with the latest version of the airbus...otherwise this fault would have been present in all other versions.

I can fly the QW787, no issue, some with the PMDG 747, no issues.

Fly the latest version of this Airbus (as mentioned above, fault not apparent in 1.3.0.0), and theres a 50/50 chance it may CTD with D3D10Warp.dll faulting.

And looking at the forums, there has been a trend of CTDs with this fault, since the latest update.

Just because the faulting module is by Microsoft,  doesn't mean this product isn't triggering it.
The file may not be corrupt, it may be being overwhelmed, or asked to process something, it cannot do. 

If you overclock your CPU too much and your PC becomes unstable, is that the fault of you, or the cpu manufacturer? 

scouring the internet for similar issues doesn’t turn up a user fix.

the closest I found was FSLabs had a similar issue with the same faulting .dll. And not everyone had the issue.

how was it fixed? 
they found the issue and published a hotfix/spotlight update, that prevented the .dll from crashing on certain systems.

so those who had the CTDs, had it fixed, and those who didn’t...continued to not have any.

Doing a bit of research into this.

Would forced ECAM software rendering have anything to do with this?

I have this option ticked in the A32XX Configurator, and has been selected in all version of the A32X.

Would Unticking this be something to consider? Would this be ok on my system?

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

I would just try it, but I doubt that it will make a difference.

As Otto wrote, the issue you see is NOT seen by tens of thousand of other users, so it logically HAS to be something specific to your machine. As we already seen there was a lot incorrect.

7 hours ago, Jose Ferreira said:

Morning

I have the same problem , please see atatched the two files with all the information catch by APPcrashview . Prepar3d V4 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

15052020.txt 25.57 kB · 2 downloads 16052020.txt 24.86 kB · 1 download

Hi Jose,

I had been struggling with this issue a lot, and SO FAR, it's been behaving (knock on wood) for the most part.

My advice: use the AS Version file (provided earlier in this thread by Otto (mopperle)) and make sure your C++ Redist list matches the one I posted above.  That's the first place to start.

If not, you'll have to search for each one (some are a bit hard to find with a Microsoft link no longer hosting it, but they are available elsewhere) and install each and every one.  The aircraft is extremely sensitive to not having them all installed exactly right, in my experience so far. (Note: I even reinstalled my entire OS and they weren't included in the install process)

ALSO: each time I install something (ie; scenery, AI, etc.) I make sure that process didn't affect that C++ Redist list.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

Archived