D3D10Warp.dll error

kian3454

Update:

I could have this finally nailed; two flights down with no crashes, at least.

Here are the steps that may have helped.

• I didn't have C++ 2005 Redistributables in stalled correctly. 
  • It also could have been a faulty slopedrwyai.dll file that was installed with the LatinVFR KFLL scenery - they've now updated to correct it.
  • It may have been that my P3D4 folder did not have all the permissions set correctly (read/write etc.)  I've also noted that my P3D4 is installed in the wrong folder (the default P3D suggested folder, which is wrong apparently!) but have thankfully not - as yet - had to migrate it to a new one.

I'll update if I get the crash again, but fingers-crossed this is now solved.

11 hours ago, kian3454 said:

So has yours been fixed now 

Hope this information helps you kian3454 - apologies if I kind of hijacked the thread, but maybe it was worth it?

Thanks very much to Otto and Mathijs for your outstanding help.

Cheers,

Daniel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

… a couple of notes, in case they are of any help whatsoever.

1)  I always set an "engine-out" fix in the FMGS.  That includes a waypoint/VOR/etc. and a radial to get to it.  Once finished the take-off/climb, I usually clear it from the fix page - today I did not.

2) I recently updated SODE to 1.6.8, because I was getting crazy jetway behaviour (ie; when selecting jetways in GSX, they would suddenly point upwards on a bizarre angle).  Updating to 1.6.8 fixed this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Aerosoft

There is not a lot we can do for you unfortunately.  We are simply unable to recreate this issue on any of our machines not can any of the testers. Something is not standard on your system but at this moment we have no idea what.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

There is not a lot we can do for you unfortunately.  We are simply unable to recreate this issue on any of our machines not can any of the testers. Something is not standard on your system but at this moment we have no idea what.

Yes, seems like that's the case.  I was hoping to get some idea of what new processes (as you alluded to) the Aerosoft A330 Professional uses that other developers have not yet used, in order to track down whatever is wrong in my system.  

Unfortunately, there none of the solutions posed online work for me - or else completely shut down my system.

I don't know if this means anything at all (it sure doesn't to me) but when I try to reregister the corrupted D3D10Warp.dll (usually step one) it get this message:

"The module "d3d10warp.dll" was found but the entry-point DllRegisterServer wasnot found" (pic attached)

Not sure where to turn to from here...

Please login to display this image.

Hi

I have also been experiencing the same or similar CTDs as posted above, only with the A330. The event viewer consistently records the following 2 entries when the CTD occurs:

.NET Runtime
Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFB2A81BD80

Application Error
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: D3D10Warp.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0x3ff1131a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000abd80
Faulting process id: 0x2dbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d60bc006deb005
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\D3D10Warp.dll
Report Id: d65eeac9-1a6a-4d8f-abc6-30f994a2b8bc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

These CTDs started occurring around March 27 2020. They do not occur on every flight. Out of 27 A330 flights since March 27 there have been 11 occurrences. I re-flew some of the CTD routes with other aircraft without issue.

I have tried to follow a number of resolution paths based on my research before deciding to post here. 

Checked system by:

1. Ran anti-malware and virus scan - no issues
  2. Ran dxdiag at command prompt. No problems found
  3. sfc /scannow - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
  4. chkdsk /scan - no issues
  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - no issues

I tried the following, testing a flight between each:

1. Uninstalled and Reinstalled A330
  2. Installed directx_Jun2010_redist.exe (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8109) per https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133496
  3. Tried to Re-register D3D10Warp.dll ( per https://appuals.com/fix-corrupted-d3d10warp-dll-file/), but this failed with message: "the module D3D10Warp.dll was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "D3D10Warp.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."
  4. I do also get a red "Error" message on the EFB on some flights - although the "D3D10Warp.dll" CTDs happen both when the error is there and also when there is no error. In case this was related, I followed the suggestion posted December 9, 2019 by mirage9 at this link (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/148639-crash/). When I ran the VC_redist.x64, it prompted that I had a later version (14.25.28508.3) of the redistibutables and so I downloaded the corresponding version of VC_redist.x64 directly from Microsoft which ran and completed OK.

At this point the CTD is still occurring, the latest time being today.

I am running V1.0.0.8 of the A330

I have also attached a copy of my ASVersion Info output.

Hopefully some of this information is useful, but please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Tom

AsVersionInfo - 20200423.TXT

Hello,

So, I did two things, and at this point haven't had any D3D10Warp.dll CTD since.  Now... that's only 5 flights, so we'll see what happens.

1) I uninstalled the entire aircraft, and then reinstalled it, making sure all remnants were gone (ie files and folders)

2) I installed the latest supported Visual C++ downloads: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

So far so good... although I am a little sceptical it will continue, as I've had a number of issues with my system (which could very well be at fault) and this aircraft.

The testing continues...

Daniel

Hi

Following Daniel's last post, I also ran through the C++ downloads from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads and completed the following.

• Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 (x64)  : Reported that repair ran successfully
  • Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 (x86)  : Ran Install successfully
  • .NET Framework 4.8 Web Installer (runtime) :  Reported that later version already installed
  • Update for Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64 & X86)  : both installed successfully
  • Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (x64 & X86) : both repairs ran successfully
  • Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (x64 & X86) : both repairs ran successfully

Note that I have not re-installed the aircraft at this point as I did that a few days ago, but please advise if you think I should.

Will also continue testing based on these changes.

Cheers

Tom

Unfortunately, the first A330 flight I tried today after the changes (i.e. updated C++ downloads) + restart described in my last post crashed to desktop with the same faulting modules as before - .NET Runtime followed immediately by D3D10Warp.dll.

Tom

6 minutes ago, tommaGT said:

Unfortunately, the first A330 flight I tried today after the changes (i.e. updated C++ downloads) + restart described in my last post crashed to desktop with the same faulting modules as before - .NET Runtime followed immediately by D3D10Warp.dll.

Tom

I suggest you contact Microsoft for support, citing the Dot Net and DirectX errors that you've received.  This is pretty far outside our lane to be assisting you with and it's best to go directly to the source.

Thanks Dave. Before I take the MS support route, which based on my 20+ year career in the software business can be a torturous experience!  ;), I first uninstalled and then reinstalled the A330 and have ran 3 test flights all successfully.  I will keep flying and testing to see if the combination of installing/repairing the latest supported Visual C++ downloads and then reinstalling the A330 is the solution to the issue.

Appreciate your assistance and thanks Daniel for your suggestions also.

Cheers

Tom

1 hour ago, tommaGT said:

Thanks Dave. Before I take the MS support route, which based on my 20+ year career in the software business can be a torturous experience!  ;), I first uninstalled and then reinstalled the A330 and have ran 3 test flights all successfully.  I will keep flying and testing to see if the combination of installing/repairing the latest supported Visual C++ downloads and then reinstalling the A330 is the solution to the issue.

Appreciate your assistance and thanks Daniel for your suggestions also.

Cheers

Tom

Great to hear!  Our installer does update (but does not validate) DirectX, so maybe that did it!

I work pretty hard myself never to call MS Support, but I've done so twice in the past 6 years and both times it was a really excellent experience.  I always start by telling them I'm a former Windows Tech Support guy (I don't tell that it was 18 years ago though or that I worked the server end... LOL) and maybe that's why they get me to someone who really knows what they're doing - and man, I tell you what, the two people I had were really, truly expert level Windows people!

Do me a favor?  Let us know how you make out after about 10 flights?

Best wishes!

Hi Dave

Absolutely, will do. Glad to hear you have had some positive MS support experiences. Will make me think twice again when considering logging a call with them :)

Cheers

Tom

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, after a series of successful flights, I'm back to getting this crash again.  I guess I can try and reinstall the aircraft again one last time and see what happens?

FWIW; there were only two updates since A330 was last stable; a GSX update and I updated the Navigraph FMS data.

Stab in the dark - does this seem oddly similar with the PMDG pop-out PFD error of a few years ago? https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a123/captains-pfd-pop-up-modified-for-ctd-protection.aspx  I do use the pop out PFD for take-offs and landings.  The longer the flight, the higher the chance of a CTD, I find...

Otherwise, I guess I'll contact Microsoft support?  Never done this before - is this where I go? https://support.microsoft.com/

And what do I say - I have D3D10Warp.dll CTDs when using P3Dv4 and the Aerosoft A330 Pro?  And that I've worked extensively with the Aerosoft team and they believe it's a Microsoft issue - does that about sum it up, or is there anything else I should add? 

Thanks,

Daniel

5 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, after a series of successful flights, I'm back to getting this crash again.  I guess I can try and reinstall the aircraft again one last time and see what happens?

FWIW; there were only two updates since A330 was last stable; a GSX update and I updated the Navigraph FMS data.

Stab in the dark - does this seem oddly similar with the PMDG pop-out PFD error of a few years ago? https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a123/captains-pfd-pop-up-modified-for-ctd-protection.aspx  I do use the pop out PFD for take-offs and landings.  The longer the flight, the higher the chance of a CTD, I find...

Otherwise, I guess I'll contact Microsoft support?  Never done this before - is this where I go? https://support.microsoft.com/

And what do I say - I have D3D10Warp.dll CTDs when using P3Dv4 and the Aerosoft A330 Pro?  And that I've worked extensively with the Aerosoft team and they believe it's a Microsoft issue - does that about sum it up, or is there anything else I should add? 

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel,

You would have to ask PMDG about that.

Microsoft Support's contact info (phone number or chat) is different depending on where you live in the world, and I don't know where you live.  In the US it's https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/.  I would either call them on the phone, or use their chat, absolutely do not post on their support website unless you have a few weeks of other things to do, and even then I wouldn't do it.

No, I don't recommend telling them your P3D is crashing, they'd do what I would do if you told me you had problems with an ORBX or PMDG product.... I'd say why the HECK are you asking me about those products that we have nothing to do with!  Now, this is VERY IMPORTANT advice, and if you slip up and tell Microsoft you're having problems with Prepar3d get ready to be told to go to the company that makes Prepar3de (I doubt a Microsoft Technician would even know what Prepar3d or P3D is unless they are a flight simmer).

Instead, tell Microsoft you're getting a Cfrash to Desktop calling out D3D10Warp.dll whenever you try and play a (oh man, now I have to say it)... "game".  If they ask which game, tell them, but not until they ask.  I'm only trying to help you avoid Microsoft telling you to go somewhere else.

I want you to know that in the end, you may well have to reinstall Windows and everything else to resolve this issue, so (pardon the pun) be Prepar3d for that.  If you don't want to deal with MS support, then just get started on the fresh install now my friend, it may say you time and heartache if you do that, but I would at least try to give MS a shot.

Now, please come back and update us on this, but know that sadly there is nothing else we can do to help you with this, it's completely out of our lane.

Here is a little more info on the error you're getting.  https://www.processlibrary.com/en/directory/files/d3d10warp/4704/

Hi Daniel

If you decide to try the reinstall route again before you contact MS, you could try the sequence I took. That is to run through installing/repairing the  C++ downloads per my post last Friday and then once completed and PC restarted, uninstall and reinstall the A330 using a freshly downloaded install package. I disabled antivirus etc temporarily per instructions when downloading and installing the package. Also, I am using the latest non-experimental version of A330 - v1.0.0.8.

Cheers

Tom

11 hours ago, tommaGT said:

If you decide to try the reinstall route again before you contact MS, you could try the sequence I took. That is to run through installing/repairing the  C++ downloads per my post last Friday and then once completed and PC restarted, uninstall and reinstall the A330 using a freshly downloaded install package. I disabled antivirus etc temporarily per instructions when downloading and installing the package. Also, I am using the latest non-experimental version of A330 - v1.0.0.8.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this.  Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I did - except for the fact that I installed the v1.0.0.10 experimental, and maybe I should go back to .8.   It worked for awhile and then suddenly started erroring again.  But it's good advice to try it again one last time.

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Instead, tell Microsoft you're getting a Cfrash to Desktop calling out D3D10Warp.dll whenever you try and play a (oh man, now I have to say it)... "game".  If they ask which game, tell them, but not until they ask.  I'm only trying to help you avoid Microsoft telling you to go somewhere else.

I want you to know that in the end, you may well have to reinstall Windows and everything else to resolve this issue, so (pardon the pun) be Prepar3d for that.  If you don't want to deal with MS support, then just get started on the fresh install now my friend, it may say you time and heartache if you do that, but I would at least try to give MS a shot.

God help me; looks like the future of my Aerosoft A330 flying is in the hands of Microsoft.  I'll try and see how it goes; if it comes down to losing everything else that's already working against the potential of an A330 fix... the math may not work there. It's not the first - nor will it be the last, lol - time I've had to cut my losses with an add-on investment for MFS/P3D.  But hopefully an easy fix?

At any rate, thanks for helping me as much as you were able to - I appreciate the effort!

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You would have to ask PMDG about that.

Sorry, wasn't clear about this; I was suggesting the same issue might be plaguing the A330, with regards to pop-out panels, as the likelihood of a CTD with the A330 for me increased with time in flight.  PMDG noted a few people got CTDs after using pop-out panels after a few hours in flight - and I always use pop-out panels in the A330.  But please ignore this if you think it's a silly suggestion - I have nothing to base it on.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hello everyone, I got the exact same issue with you guys, will try out all methods said here.

A330 with P3DV4.5, randomly CTD with .NET Framework followed then D3D10Warp.dll

Only CTD with AS A330

6 hours ago, Sunny Ip said:

Hello everyone, I got the exact same issue with you guys, will try out all methods said here.

A330 with P3DV4.5, randomly CTD with .NET Framework followed then D3D10Warp.dll

Only CTD with AS A330

Since my post on April 27, I completed 5 more successful A330 flights and then on the 6th flight this morning during cruise, the CTD occurred again (.NET runtime error followed by D3D10Warp.dll). As a data point, I have also been flying other aircraft in between these flights without incident.

I guess it is over to Microsoft Support. However, with everything else in the sim running fine, I will be reluctant to do a complete OS reinstall if they recommend that route (for the sake of one aircraft).

Again, appreciate assistance from all and hope over time that a sustainable solution is found. I will report back if I have any useful information from MS.

Cheers

Tom

Archived