D3D10Warp.dll error

kian3454

please can someone help

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: D3D10Warp.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0x3ff1131a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000abd80
Faulting process ID: 0x2354
Faulting application start time: 0x01d60bb1095d9532
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\D3D10Warp.dll
Report ID: 369daa74-a0bf-4874-b63a-f12ea8eddd3d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Data.zip

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at flight altitudes because I was descending I don’t think I can but I am using the new experimental version should I revert back to the stable version 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sounds more like a problem with the dll when I search with google.

As it happens only with the Airbus, can just be, that the bus is calling a certain function from the dll, other addons don’t.

An older post from Mathijs regarding that issue:

Just a quick update i have completed a short 45 minute flight from klax-klas without any crash but it was with the stable version of 1.3.0.3 so it seems to be an issue with 1.3.0.5 and for mathijs i have attached the data file on the top message when the topic was created 

Hi there,

I'm also getting this crash with v1.0.0.10 - only with the Aerosoft A330 and not with any other aircraft.

I've also extensively explored the possibility that it was AI related (I use AIG Manager and flightplans, etc.) because it seems as if I get this crash with the Aerosoft A330 and AI enabled (and no crash with A330 with AI disabled).  To that end I sought help in the AIG forums and rebuilt my AI slowly and carefully with only the latest releases.  Those should be clean now, and don't seem to cause CTDs with aircraft other than the A330.

I tried to rebuild my D3D10WARP.dll using similar methods to the one you pinned above.  Again - no issues it seems with any other aircraft, but consistent CTDs with the Aerosoft A330.  I'm willing to try again if I can find another link (that one provided is now a little out of date, being 2013 and Vista related?)  Here are a few threads I've pursued:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/550143-d3d10warpdll/

https://appuals.com/fix-corrupted-d3d10warp-dll-file/

Last point is that I've recently updated my nVidia drivers to the latest (26.21.14.4575).  Once again, issue seems tied exclusively to the A330.

My best guess is that it has something to do with the A330 and AI - but I'm by no means sure of that.  (Could it be something in the X-ponder gauge coding?  Maybe just a wild and unhelpful guess on my part...)

I welcome any suggestions on how to proceed next, and appreciate all help,

Cheers,

Daniel

• Aerosoft

And your eventlog shows the same? Did you check the .net and DirectX files?

The fact things happen with this aircraft and not others is not very surprising. The A330 is one of the very few aircraft build to the very latest P3D compilers so it uses different bits of the OS then almost any other product. It's that that makes it a bit faster.

Update:

I used system restore to go back to a stable state.  I might suggest hiding that second link I posted (or can I do that? Not sure...)

I'm a little nervous now about poking around with these files, but...

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Did you check the .net and DirectX files?

Sorry, how do I do that? Apologies if you've already explained this, but I'm just not seeing it the link provided, if it's meant to be there.

Again, thanks for your help,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

I might suggest hiding that second link I posted (or can I do that? Not sure...)

I've hidden your post to avoid any confusion.

7 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Sorry, how do I do that?

Click on start and type in "dxdiag" and run the tool

Also please run the attached tool and post the output here, so that we get an overview over your system environemnt:

ASVersionInfo.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

Several things I see:

- P3D should not be installed into c:\program Files; might cause problems with certain rights

- Your MSV C++ are not up to date and some are missing, like MSV C++ 2005 64bit

34 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Several things I see:

- P3D should not be installed into c:\program Files; might cause problems with certain rights

Thanks for your reply.

P3Dv4 installed itself - I don't remember asking it to install to a different folder.  Not sure what I should do about that?

MSV C++ 2005 64bit; is this the link I should use?

https://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Visual-C-2005-SP1-Redistributable-Package-x64/3000-10250_4-10732887.html 

Cheers,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
35 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

P3Dv4 installed itself - I don't remember asking it to install to a different folder.  Not sure what I should do about that?

P3D definitely asks for an installation folder, but gives you already as default the mentioned folder, which can of course be changed.

36 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Might be, not 100% sure about those 3rd party downlaod links; better download it directly from MS.

27 minutes ago, mopperle said:

P3D definitely asks for an installation folder, but gives you already as default the mentioned folder, which can of course be changed.

Might be, not 100% sure about those 3rd party downlaod links; better download it directly from MS.

Wow, I never knew about this!  That's crazy.  But thanks very much for making me aware. For now I've changed all the permissions on the Lockheed folder to allow all read/write/modify.  Would you happen to know what I do would do about moving the whole thing to its own folder?  Is that complicated?  (Sorry, I know this is not an Aerosoft issue, but an insight you have would be much appreciated.)

I've installed MSV C++ 2005 64bit from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431  I used the x64 installer - that should be correct, right?

One last thing; I saw a defaulting process with slopedrwyAI.dll which came installed with my LatinVFR KFLL software, which they've now updated: http://www.latinvfr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=386&sid=fd4c732b06b4601de294713b293050d5&start=10

Don't know if that's the conflict or a separate issue, but there is an update to apply which addresses this, so I did.

Cheers,

Daniel

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Several things I see:

I have p3d installed in c:\program files after what you said I want to change the location of the install can you tell me where it should go 

1 minute ago, Daniel Baker said:

Wow, I never knew about this!  That's crazy.  But thanks very much for making me aware. For now I've changed all the permissions on the Lockheed folder to allow all read/write/modify.  Would you happen to know what I do would do about moving the whole thing to its own folder?  Is that complicated?  (Sorry, I know this is not an Aerosoft issue, but an insight you have would be much appreciated.)

I've installed MSV C++ 2005 64bit from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431  I used the x64 installer - that should be correct, right?

One last thing; I saw a defaulting process with slopedrwyAI.dll which came installed with my LatinVFR KFLL software, which they've now updated: http://www.latinvfr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=386&sid=fd4c732b06b4601de294713b293050d5&start=10

Don't know if that's the conflict or a separate issue, but there is an update to apply which addresses this, so I did.

Cheers,

Daniel

So has yours been fixed now 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, kian3454 said:

I have p3d installed in c:\program files after what you said I want to change the location of the install can you tell me where it should go

Everywhere outside of one of the default folders, so something like c:\P3D or in case you have a 2nd disc big enough, put it there.

But if you change the location, make sure you proper uninstall, before reinstalling it.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Would you happen to know what I do would do about moving the whole thing to its own folder?

Needs un complete uninstall and fresh install. But maybe you all should wait a few days. LM is releasing P3Dv5 today.

Archived